What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

One thing i will like to point is, as a people, and culturally, we must focus not as much on skyscrapers, and the like, but what we can call as critical infrastructure. skyscrapers are okay but our focus must stay primarily on that.

Governance: Political, economic, judicial and executive governance must become more mature...

Connectivity : Ports, river systems, 'highways' and 'expressways', airports and the like

Energy : Right from generation, to consumers, and end to end infrastructure policy must exist and be implemented to ensure the energy security of a billion people.

Social : for uplifting those that have been left behind in India's growth story..

Lastly I want to ask, informed members can reply, do we have zoning laws in the country, like at all ? Doesnt look like...

New Delhi, Governance Starts Here
-----------------------------------

A collection of nice New Delhi pic.'s:

(c) Vinod Kuwar @ https://plus.google.com/photos/106545788687714170431/albums/5461839583244534289?banner=pwa

One thing i will like to point is, as a people, and culturally, we must focus not as much on skyscrapers, and the like, but what we can call as critical infrastructure. skyscrapers are okay but our focus must stay primarily on that.

Governance: Political, economic, judicial and executive governance must become more mature...

Connectivity : Ports, river systems, 'highways' and 'expressways', airports and the like

Energy : Right from generation, to consumers, and end to end infrastructure policy must exist and be implemented to ensure the energy security of a billion people.

Social : for uplifting those that have been left behind in India's growth story..

Lastly I want to ask, informed members can reply, do we have zoning laws in the country, like at all ? Doesnt look like...

^^^

Naive, yet fair post.

Naive because this thread show-cases development covering all facets.
For eg. skyscrapers, sewer tunnels and mono-rail re: Mumbai show a fantastic mega-polis under re-construction. This goes for the rest of India as well.

It gives me an idea of the competence and know-how behind the digital architecture for eg. of the UIDAI Id scheme, and more important, proves to me that India's developing along many axis. No bluff!

autorick.jpg

Environmentally Friendly auto rickshaw for Indian market by Luleå students

The Auto Rickshaw project was carried out in close collaboration with the Indian company TVS Motors (based in Bangalore), and the company Gestamp HardTech (with production site in Luleå).

(C) Full Article: http://www.sasnet.lu.se/sites/default/files/u4/autorick.jpg

---xxx---

I love Mumbai, and after Kochi & Gangtok Pic.'s above, thought I'd throw in Guwahati, Assam; nothing personal.

Guwahati, Assam
-----------------

images

cityview.jpg

Kookie India Video
------------------

(c) https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=B1icPTfkaeQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Kashmir Railways

All pics are (c) Sachin Suhas Buddhisagar

Rake interiors. This one has a heating system with heating outlets at the bottom
kashmirdmu.jpg

baramulla station
baramullastn.jpg

55943210151054188441879.jpg

Budgam officers rest house
55069010151049097916879.jpg

39964310151048034516879.jpg

38434310151054167136879.jpg

Back
Top Bottom