What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

You missed the very basic I've mentioned in my post "the approach" and system empowering govt. in China and India to execute the intended plan.

No one here said that India is not putting up required infrastructure. We are but or system put hurdles and makes it very slow. Just to start of every project land is required and unlike in China land in India belongs to people and they and millions of reason to deny or delay the land sale to Govt.

If you look at last 10 year you'll know how much roads, industrial zones, EPZ, power plants etc put in place but that's nowhere close to requirement.

In short we are on right track eventually we'll reach the destination . we just need a catalyst (big change in system) to be there swiftly.

In short comparing India and China approach is futile as both cannot emulate the process and have to live with the law of land and limitation of the existing laws.

There are plenty of countries where land is privately owned and have had little problem acquiring it for infrastructure. The U.S. obtained, via eminent domain, the necessary space for its interstate highway system. Japan, perpetually land-starved, had no problem securing land for its Shinkansen lines.

So far, you haven't mentioned anything that is unique to India.

Cheers!

There are plenty of countries where land is privately owned and have had little problem acquiring it for infrastructure. The U.S. obtained, via imminent domain, the necessary space for its interstate highway system. Japan, perpetually land-starved, had no problem securing land for its Shinkansen lines.

So far, you haven't mentioned anything that is unique to India.

Cheers!

Please read post# 6426 agin answer is there!

Mumbai-Pune Expressway

I agree with you but this is the difference between India and China. These things will never happen in India. Whatever way you cit it there is more accountability in a democracy so there will always be a politician who stands up for the rights of these degenerates. In China you can make someone disappear and no one pays much attention.

Standing up for sociopathic, selfish idiots is not accountability, it's a crime. Jail the politicians who take up such idiotic causes. In a system where rule of law prevails, once a project has been approved by the courts, that's the final word. Anyone who actively resists is jailed. This is how it's done in the United States. India should stop indulging these idiots.

Anyway, you are right, the system needs to change.

Cheers!

Please read post# 6426 agin answer is there!

I'm sorry, but I have to point out that it sounds like an apologist piece for a broken piece of machinery. Don't justify it; fix it. If the law of the land is preventing the public good from being realized, then change the laws. Just because it is the law does not make it right. India has a legislature, use it to change the idiotic laws and regulations.

It seems to me that India doesn't need to re-engineer her political system, the politicians just have to start doing their job.

Cheers!

Delhi

Rashtrapati-Bhavan-New-Delhi-Photographer-Naina-07.jpg

flickr

9478233927_30293c8fc0_b.jpg

9471424730_84699ccd41_b.jpg

flickr

9417740132_396b5ed06b_z.jpg

93698614.jpg

Gurgaon

943197_10151461749476872_852394867_n.jpg

8595085244_200e361527_b.jpg

I'm sorry, but I have to point out that it sounds like an apologist piece for a broken piece of machinery. Don't justify it; fix it. If the law of the land is preventing the public good from being realized, then change the laws. Just because it is the law does not make it right. India has a legislature, use it to change the idiotic laws and regulations.

It seems to me that India doesn't need to re-engineer her political system, the politicians just have to start doing their job.

Cheers!

Yeah, I am wondering whether India has eminent domain law because from reading posts here, Indian members are saying that they cannot acquire private property unless all owners agree?? The U.S. has very tough eminent domain law considering how property rights are highly valued. I have been working on Keystone pipeline in U.S. and I know how swiftly courts allow pipeline companies to acquire private lands. Sometimes I feel American land owners are much more cooperative than their Chinese counterparts because Americans will simply accept whatever fair value of the lands courts determine.

Yeah, I am wondering whether India has eminent domain law because from reading posts here, Indian members are saying that they cannot acquire private property unless all owners agree?? The U.S. has very tough eminent domain law considering how property rights are highly valued. I have been working on Keystone pipeline in U.S. and I know how swiftly courts allow pipeline companies to acquire private lands. Sometimes I feel American land owners are much more cooperative than their Chinese counterparts because Americans will simply accept whatever fair value of the lands courts determine.

I wonder about that too...

Could any member answer if India has an equivalent of the American eminent-domain laws?

Regarding the US eminent domain law being 'tough', it hasn't always been the case. A Supreme Court ruling back in 2004, I think, gave the state and federal government considerably expanded power to acquire private land for public projects.

Cheers!

So you don't have a clue, eh ;).

It's the extreme minority of the haves who actually fight against development. Nariman Piont, Delhi Metro, Delhi BRTS posh south Delhi routes, Narmada, Tehri protests are all led by educated, professional and political type nimbys.

Luckily, the courts, bureaucrats and politicians are growing savvy. Notice no opposition to the rail corridor. Good overall mgmt.

living in the self deluding bubble will get India no where, there are very serious problems with your society. And it affects the people at the lowest levels the most, but people like you are too ignorant to care about it.

Reported please stick to the topic
We don't need your Advise

Train to Srinagar, Gulmarg, Pahalgaum? What an idea :) !

If there was a mrket in state bonds and shares, one would buy J&K shares or bonds.

IR is bringing not only the train but the Indian economic boom to J&K looks like. Imagine, rich Hyderabadis, Malayalees, Gujaratis and of course Delhi, Calcutta, Bombay, Chennai, Bangalore wallah's.

Now, J&K is not poor or a BIMARU state to begin with. Even traditional BIMARU's are not what they used to be 10yrs. ago.

images

Bihar and Rajasthan are moving along, the DFC rail corridor will change MP. UP?

But J&K's gonna go places with the train, what else could one ask for? Maybe a second rail link to Shanghai, Hong Kong and Beijing.

Question?

The American economy produced railway barons of repute during the go-go robber baron days.
Vanderbilt, Carnegie, Mellon even Rockefeller's directly or indirectly profited from the US rail boom.

India's rail boom of its time must have produced it's own share of tycoons. I suspect it was a deeper, bigger boom then the US re: population and resource demands of India. Where did the money go. I never heard of the original, colonial shakers and movers of the great Indian Railway system.

:off topic:

Nice to see real innovation in housing market.

A scheme to avoid paying EMI and rent simultaneously--_--------------------------------

A study by the construction company, Rustomjee in Mumbai shows that nearly 60 per cent of home buyers in Thane are in rented houses.
In a move to facilitate home buyers to own a house in the tallest building in Thane, Rustomjee has launched the 20:80 scheme at Azziano inside the Urbania township.
The plan is based on Rustomjee’s study which showed that nearly 60 per cent of people buying a house in Thane are currently staying in a rented house.
This offer in collaboration with ICICI Bank is to support buyers who want to live in a self-contained integrated township, said a press release from the company.
Under the scheme, buyers will have to make an upfront payment of only 20 per cent of the cost and will not be required to make any monthly instalments or interest for the next two years.
The customer will save the interest cost on the 80 per cent of the value of the apartment during the period. Hence, the buyer will start paying equated monthly instalments to the bank only after two years.
The construction of Azziano is in full-swing as the Company has received all related approvals with respect to the same.
Also, buyers will have to pay only 50 per cent of the stamp duty under the Special Township Act.
The scheme helps buyers avoid the double impact of EMI’s as well as rent payments till the time of possession.
Rustomjee Azziano is a 31-tower residential project that includes a podium and 5 levels of car park. It is spread over 13 acres of lush green spaces, inside the 127 acre Urbania township and comprises of two and three-BHK homes.
It has modern living spaces, own commercial complex, retail and entertainment centers and padded play areas for children.
This offer, in collaboration with ICICI Bank, is to support buyers who want to live in a self-contained integrated township.

(This article was published in the Business Line print edition dated March 9, 2013)

Hubtown Solaris Andheri(E), Mumbai
Hubtown Solaris is a one of a kind commercial property that upgrades your business image. The unique glass façade stands 13-storey tall, giving Andheri (E) its most recognizable landmark. It is strategically located and just minutes away from the Western Express Highway, Andheri Station and the airports. You are welcomed into a space where there is unrestricted potential to grow.
home_banner2.jpg

home_banner3.jpg

home_banner4.jpg

home_banner5.jpg

Hubtown Countrywoods ,Pune
A mega township of 33 buildings gives you an experience which is new to Pune. The 15 acres of green and the view of the natural bountiful surroundings lets you live in harmony with the environment. The township is located in Katraj-Kondhwa which takes you away from the hustle-bustle of the city and still gives you the advantage of enjoying Pune in its true essence. The abundant amenities make each day worthwhile and help you unwind from the mundane.
home_banner1.jpg

home_banner3.jpg

Joyos Hubtown - Surat
Joyos Hubtown - Surat, the new pride of Surat has a lot to offer. Find yourself in a neighbourhood where life is always thriving. On one hand enjoy children's frolic and at the same time indulge yourself in a healthy workout at the well equipped clubhouse. Welcome to a place that uplifts you from the mundane.
home_banner2.jpg

home_banner1.jpg

home_banner3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom