What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Some of the decorations in the new Delhi airport are ugly. No offence, wtf is with those hands.

When the airport will be ready by july it would be magnificent.

As for Hands,24 hands are being put up in this particular area.

Its something related to kaal chakra vidhi or something like that..i don't think it looks bad.:undecided:

Some of the decorations in the new Delhi airport are ugly. No offence, wtf is with those hands.

That is a posture of hands while meditation...postures also used by Gautam Buddha.

gautham.jpg

hope you wont use bad words now.

Apologies for any offence, but it looks completely out of place. If the designers were going for a mystical design, they should have kept this inspiration throughout the whole design, instead of ultra modern one place, and then hands appearing out of the wall, Buddhas or otherwise.

Sorry its late, grammar wil be bad.

Apologies for any offence, but it looks completely out of place. If the designers were going for a mystical design, they should have kept this inspiration throughout the whole design, instead of ultra modern one place, and then hands appearing out of the wall, Buddhas or otherwise.

Sorry its late, grammar wil be bad.

No I dont mind.its just that you did not know,so not your fault.atleast this way you learnt about this part of the religion.

you are right...it actually looks odd when the entire theme is not mystical.

I guess the hands are to show India's Spiritual aspect. Modern yet divine seems to be the mantra. Proud to know that it is the world's 3rd largest terminal after Beijing.

Lot of nice projects. What we lack is speed and volume. That is something we have to learn from East Asians.

I love the old name "Bombay". Damn to Politicians ! They change all the nice name of the cities to shitty names.

i agree...no matter what they represent they look yuk....too big and appear to be saying"**** off" in indian style...i wonder these lofty hands might not fall down!:frown::frown::frown:

This is no ordinary fire truck. It is a Austrian made Rosenbauer Panther fire engine. This beast has a max speed of 140km/h and capacity of 14,5000 L of fire extinguishing agents.

The hand postures represents the Mudra.

Mudra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

New Delhi Airport. Phased expansion and modernization timeline

Phase 1A (2006-2008)

-Modernization of existing terminals - 1A,1B,1C and T2
-New Departure terminal for low cost airlines - T1D
-Third Runway

Phase 1B (2007-2010)

-New Integrated Terminal - T3
-Metro connectivity through Airport Express Line and Blue line of Delhi Metro

Phase 2 (2010-2012)

-Additional remote stands near T3
-New central transportation corridor
-T1B to be razed - New terminal for general aviation and parking lot to come in place.

Phase 3 (2012-2016)

-New international terminal - T4
-Expansion of T3 including piers
-Fourth Runway (11L/29R)
-New ATC tower

Phase 4 (2016-2021)

-New International Terminal -T5
-New pier for T5 and contact stands

Phase 5 (2021-2026)

-New terminal for LCCs - T6
-Expansion of T3 and T4 piers and concourses
-Remote stands for T6
-New straightened runway 09/27
-cargo facilities relocated North

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

early2worliamul.jpg

Delhi -Gurgaon Metro Link opened on 21st June

Metro Train enters Gurgaon city in Haryana for the first time. The 14.47 kms link streches from HUDA City Centre in Gurgaon to Qutub Minar in South Delhi. Photo: R. V. Moorthy
MET_3_131432g.jpg

A priest performs puja at the newly inaugurated Metro line from Qutub Minar to Huda City Centre Metro Line in New Delhi, even as there was no formal inauguration of the metro line. Photo: R. V. Moorthy

MET_131433g.jpg

MET_6_131434g.jpg

This section is expected to be integrated with the Central Secretariat-Qutub Minar line next month, which will ultimately be added to the existing Jehangirpuri-Central Secretariat line. Photo: PTI
MET_5_131435g.jpg

MET_131437g.jpg

A newly launched Delhi Metro Rail train approaches the Sultanpur station in New Delhi. Once the entire section (HUDA City Centre-Central Secretariat) becomes operational, the travel time between Gurgaon and Connaught Place will be reduced to an hour. Photo: AP

MET_131413g.jpg

A Delhi Metro train passes through Gurgaon after the Qutub Minar-HUDA City Centre metro line was thrown open to public. Photo: AP

Back
Top Bottom