What's new

India enjoys veto power over Pakistan’s progress’

Very well articulated article. I think, as author pointed out, Pakistan is fighting the war of attrition with India. In 10 years time if Pakistan has to match half the military might of India it has to increase its defence budget close to 10% (or even more). As more and more national resources that are supposed to be spent on education, infrastructure and development are spent on defense, the common pakistanis will suffer as there will be more illiteracy, less jobs, more militancy, more insecurity and bad economy - a deadly soup for disaster. So, in a way, indirectly India does enjoy veto power over Pakistan's progress.

bhagat sahab the concocted old wine in new bottle type write up was for Indian consumption who are already intoxicated by ISI, Pakistan Army Phobia So Indians should listen to it. IT was Not for Pakistanis.

So the point of discussion, in a roundabout way, is this: Why can't Pakistan get it's act right? Who's the culprit? Everybody points fingers at someone else- India, Politicians, History, the Zion-Hindu-American axis, ya di da di da.

As detectives investigating a crime do, investigate who benefits from what's going on. Or, who loses the least.

>>India is the bad guy, Kashmir is the BIG issue. Kashmir is all-important!! Guns are the answer, buy more guns, aircraft, trust your intelligence agencies, give them a free hand<<

>>Who becomes more powerful? Who gets more money? Whose stature rises with every crisis? Whose interest is it in to keep a useless, corrupt, inept bunch of civilian leaders/politicians around? Which group does not have to risk their own life, even though they send thousands to fight? Who benefits from every life lost at the end of a gun? Who pushes you to the edge of a precipice and then stands there as your savior?<<

Your Generals, my Pakistani friends.

Everyone sees it, but you. But we also see that you can't really see. They are the only thing that prevent you from sliding into complete anarchy, and they know that. They LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

So the point of discussion, in a roundabout way, is this: Why can't Pakistan get it's act right? Who's the culprit? Everybody points fingers at someone else- India, Politicians, History, the Zion-Hindu-American axis, ya di da di da.

As detectives investigating a crime do, investigate who benefits from what's going on. Or, who loses the least.

>>India is the bad guy, Kashmir is the BIG issue. Kashmir is all-important!! Guns are the answer, buy more guns, aircraft, trust your intelligence agencies, give them a free hand<<

>>Who becomes more powerful? Who gets more money? Whose stature rises with every crisis? Whose interest is it in to keep a useless, corrupt, inept bunch of civilian leaders/politicians around? Which group does not have to risk their own life, even though they send thousands to fight? Who benefits from every life lost at the end of a gun? Who pushes you to the edge of a precipice and then stands there as your savior?<<

Everyone sees it, but you. But we also see that you can't really see. They are the only thing that prevent you from sliding into complete anarchy, and they know that. They LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Lolzzz its NONE of Indian or world headach if OUR Generals get rich lollzzzzzzz

I wonder about the IQ level of those who has solemn belief that entire Pakistan army is composed of FEW Generals :angel:

anyway its none of anybody's problem if we citizens of Pakistan trust Pakistan Army more than the democrapic feudal pollution .

:pakistan:

All this bs is fine - Pakistan will eventually develop.We're just over 63 years old and with so much bloodshed in history we have not done bad (185 Billion GDP is not bad at all) and our per capita is just fine.Eventually Pakistan will recover.This is stupid title like saying USA Enjoys Veto over Russia/China Economy or China has veto over Taiwan Economy.Plenty of BS.I am glad our trade with India is not high otherwise Indians would start blackmailing us economically.Pakistan is too strong to die away.It will eventually become much more stronger nation.You can call Pakistan whatever you want.There are many nations in histories who failed and who were in bad condition for long time but recovered.Pakistan is no different.

I think Pakistan will get it's act right. You have to look deeper than alarmist media coverage to see that though. Perhaps for the first time in Pakistan's history, the common man seems deeply concerned and frustrated by the acts of their government.

The government has crossed all previous levels of corruption and incompetence, and perhaps for the first time in the country's history, people are beginning to feel that no-one is doing anything and perhaps they should do whatever they can. We see people, individual people, standing up and taking a stand, from Tariq Khosa who wouldn't follow the official line in FIA, or the Higher Education Commission, that would not be intimidated by the govt, and went through with declaring dozens of members of parliament void, altering the balance of power in the parliament. And ofcourse the judiciary, that tirelessly goes against the govt, despite huge hurdles.

Very well articulated article. I think, as author pointed out, Pakistan is fighting the war of attrition with India. In 10 years time if Pakistan has to match half the military might of India it has to increase its defence budget close to 10&#37; (or even more). As more and more national resources that are supposed to be spent on education, infrastructure and development are spent on defense, the common pakistanis will suffer as there will be more illiteracy, less jobs, more militancy, more insecurity and bad economy - a deadly soup for disaster. So, in a way, indirectly India does enjoy veto power over Pakistan's progress.

Pakistan has no interest in matching India's military might. As India states it is racing for arms to match China. Pakistan will only maintain minimum deterrence to deter 2002 and 2008 type of adventures. As we know India will not stop trying be it 1998 nuclear tests, 2002 build up and 2008 surgical strikes that never took place due to the same deterrent.

When we talk about poors of India, you give us all sorts of arguments to defend your budget spending. Last time i checked poverty in Pakistan was much much less than India. Stop worrying about our poors. There are 5 times more poor Indians than Poor Pakistanis. Think about them. Our poverty, bad economy, unemployment has nothing to do with India. You are talking like some American. I think these problems are more severe in India than in Pak. You give us lecture about unemployment or poverty like there is none in India itself. Give me lecture when you have made progress on these problems in your own country and have resolved them. At least i will listen to you. Tillt hen stop dictating us that who is our enemy and what should we do.

A smoking addict advising others to quit smoking will only be laughed upon.

:pakistan:

Like every other Indian you too are hell bent on connecting Pak's problems to its relations with India. Frankly you know nothing about Pakistan and its ground realities. You are allowed to talk bout your country only. I know as a Pakistani where the problem lies in my country and it has nothing to do with good or bad relations with India. Rest assured we will take care of ourselves and our country. You take care of your own.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom