What's new

India expanding submarine force to meet China threat

:rofl: first you people start building better navy to compete against us.
Why always use big word like compete? Indian navy has 2 CBG at the peak, while Pakistan is zero. Why you guys build CBG to compete with Pakistan? Both nations just normally building navy force, both navy wanna be world class navy. India is building uo its navy by looking throughout the world range, not just targeting PN. China and USA is a better rival to compete with for India.

We currently have 12 Kilos, 19 Type-035s ,16 Type-039s ,5 Type-039As,5 Type-039Bs , 3 Type-091s ,1 Type-092,4 Type-093s and 5 Type-094s .
at least 1 Qing class.

How many of these can reach Indian ocean, travelling around the whole of south east asia in the process?

How many of these can reach Indian ocean, travelling around the whole of south east asia in the process?

at least 18 without replenishment ships or Submarine Rescue Ship.

30 + with replenishment ships or Submarine Rescue Ship.

We currently have 12 Kilos, 19 Type-035s ,16 Type-039s ,5 Type-039As,5 Type-039Bs , 3 Type-091s ,1 Type-092,4 Type-093s and 5 Type-094s .
at least 1 Qing class.

Yes,like Golf Class called SSG

We never say 'will' and 'future' but do it.
We are building 3 Type 095s SSNs,more to planned.Work on building Type 096 SSBNs and Type 097 SSNs has already begun.

JL1 SLBM (1700km) was deployed on Type 092 in 1986.
JL1A SLBM (2500km) now in service onType 092
JL-2 SLBM (8000km) now in service onType 094
JL-2A SLBM (12000km)
JL-2B SLBM (14000km)
JL3 SLBM (18000-20000km) for Type 096

CJ-10 SLCM (1500km~2500km) for Type 095

Chines submarine can face up to janpanese 100 P-3Cs ,what you think about 8 P-8Is

So tell me, how do you think India can counter chinese capabilities?

No, I meant can Qing carry SLBMs in vertical launch tubes? What missile is carried? JL-1 or 2?

---

I said will/future only for the P-75I and Barracuda/S-9.

Regarding the Arihant, S-5, and Scorpene we're already building them.

---

No, PLAN subs cannot operate with 100 Japanese P-3Cs flying above, atleast not the AIP and non-AIP subs.

An extensive air campaign with J-10/J-11/Su-27 against the P-3Cs will have to be conducted to remove
their threat, Japanese P-3C is protected by F-2 & F-15 fighters if air threat is present. Su-27SK is obsolete,
Mitsubishi F-2 is better than J-10 and J-11 will have a hard time fighting with F-15 Eagle.

Similarly IN's P-8I procurement is for 14 units,, not 8. This can go upto 25 later. These would be protected
by air cover from Su-30MKI (again better than J-10/J-11) and also MiG-29K from Vikramaditya CBG (comparable
to J-10).

---

So tell me, with just this much fleet strength, how can PLAN compete against US Navy, AND not allow IN
to compete with you? You need atleast 60-70 nuke subs, and 10 aircraft carriers for that.

Why always use big word like compete? Indian navy has 2 CBG at the peak, while Pakistan is zero. Why you guys build CBG to compete with Pakistan? Both nations just normally building navy force, both navy wanna be world class navy. India is building uo its navy by looking throughout the world range, not just targeting PN. China and USA is a better rival to compete with for India.

Indian CBGs are not sprecifically aimed at any country - they are for projecting power over all of Indian Ocean,
but however this doesn't mean they wont be available for war against a country.

Not feasible to send replenishment ships and sub-rescue surface vessels - too many IN bases on
dotted islands throughout Malacca Strait armed with anti-ship missiles and air support...like INS Baaz.

I'm not seeing any threat PLAN pose to India. China is not interested in kick Indian navy in IOR. better keep each other at bay.

PLAN isn't a threat to IN in IOR. It wont be logical for PLAN to take on IN in in IOR
Similarly IN isn't a threat to PLAN in SCS. It won't be logical too

But if such illogical steps have to be taken by both Navies IN will have some friends in SCS. PLAN is far form having any friend in IOR for Sub operations.
P.S. I know Pakistan is. But in case of war that's a long distance and have to face IN before you reach there.

Blame Nehru, don't blame China.

In Hindi there is a saying which means " you can clap with one hand. You need two hands to clap "

You can't blame one party for everything.

And how many of them can actually cross into the IOR undetected by the IN's patrols in the chokepoints? If our navy is continuously patrolling from the Andaman, how many subs can get through?

Then you will know how much china's numbers mean.

$10 billion for new subs. Not bad!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom