What's new

India explosion 'kills 15 police'

fd24

Reaction score
A landmine explosion in the western Indian state of Maharashtra has killed at least 15 policemen, officials say.

The attack has been blamed on Maoist rebels, who operate in the area as well as several other Indian states.

It is one of the worst attacks on Indian police in several years.

Maoist rebels in the eastern state of Orissa kidnapped two Italians about two weeks ago, but released one and have been in talks with the state government over the other man's release.

The attack happened in Maharashtra's Gadchiroli district, a remote and relatively undeveloped part of the country.

The police vehicle was travelling through a forested region when the landmine was triggered, reports say.

The policemen, members of India's national paramilitary force, were travelling on a bus, the Press Trust of India news agency quoted officials as saying.

Reports said another 15 police were injured.

India's Maoist insurgency began in West Bengal state in the late 1960s and has become, according to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the country's "greatest internal security challenge".

The Maoists control large areas of several states in a "red corridor" stretching from the north-east to central India.

They are fighting for communist rule and demand greater rights for tribal people and the rural poor.

Hoping the culprits get caught and dealt with severely.
Prayers for the lost ones and their families. R.I.P.

BBC News - India explosion 'kills 15 police'

I hope more western media pick up on these things and pressurises Indian govt to resolve these issues peacefully

its a very very very very SAD news . My Heart Goes to the Affected Families , May God Bless them with Patience to OverCome this Big Great Loss . amen

RIP to the dead. Just goes to show how much control the Maoists have in India, that they attacked Maharashtra, & regularly target other states.

RIP to the dead. Just goes to show how much control the Maoists have in India, that they attacked Maharashtra, & regularly target other states.

and a cowardly attack shows exactly how much control they have over India... should I continue to extrapolate the same observation elsewhere....

15 people died and still people want brownie points... purely pathetic

I hope more western media pick up on these things and pressurises Indian govt to resolve these issues peacefully

and still you dont believe anything the zionist western media picks up elsewhere in the subcontinent- strange!!!

oh my God. RIP. So there are also millitants in india. But i hav listened there is peace and harmony between diffrent ethics group..

oh my God. RIP. So there are also millitants in india. But i hav listened there is peace and harmony between diffrent ethics group..

Yes, you need to do research on Maoist, you really seems an illiterate in that case. :lol:

I dont have much hopes with the mainstream western media
they are actually the mouthpieces if their respective governments and the corporations that are the actual culprits all around the word.

its the outside general public that needs to be contacted through facebook, twiter and other famous and popular social interaction outlets.
in Arab Spring and the anti-globalisation anti Corporate greed protests like Occupy WallStreet, London etc that have been reported by ordinary people and they have become the primary source of information and international awareness

we know a lot about Amazon rain forests and the plight of its native people, we also know the plight of the miners in Africa working below human standards for the companies like De Beers and African warlords but there is nothing much about the decades old unrest in the Indian jungles and badlands. the main stream western media wont like to upset its 1 billion people market because thats what it sees India as just a figure. a number in its spreadsheet. so to look for its attention is a lost cause.

Indians who are directly affected by this conflict and have direct experiences of the excesses by both the rebels and the paramilitary forces should be given a chance to voice their air "unadulterated" through direct and free social media which will help in building pressure on the western governments to demand Indian state to address the issues like a true democracy should.

on the contrary we have learnt a lot
there were some Indians who very professionally presented the case from Indian point of view instead of your one liner

check out this post and the follow up posts and you might learn few things (or at least some manners )

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...-terrorism-moist-rebellion-7.html#post2229352

My own home state is Naxal affected and I know more than other people because I have grew up with all these experience and I certainly know what is the problem. The guy was trying to give angle of ethnic tension wheras the naxalism is driven by other causes.

It always sounds funny to me when some fanboys says 1/3 of India is under Naxals, or Delhi will fall to them, Naxalism is a separatist movement. They can't even create influence even in Ranchi or Jamshedpur within 30-40km range, Patna or Delhi is light years far way from them.

so your security agenicies caught them? I didnt know that they are powerful that could attack your agencies and you could even catch them.

:lol:

Write to your MP to bring on a resolution...Oh wait they wont...we are not Pakistan.

Cant you just stop your hatred induced trolling for a minute ?

Oh boy....State terrorism ? We have not deployed our army for the precise reason they are our people and and unless they constitute a threat to the sovereignity of the country they can be dealt as such and still internal paramilitary forces are being used to give them a chance to come to mainstream.

But when has facts come in the way of a good propaganda ?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom