What's new

India fears sudden change in Bangladesh

BanglaBhoot

RETIRED TTA
Reaction score
Country
France
New Delhi, June 30 (bdnews24.com)--Ahead of his proposed visit to Dhaka, Indian prime minister Manmohan Singh has said Bangladesh's political landscape could change anytime.

He also said 25 percent of Bangladesh's population count on anti-India Jamaat-e-Islami, which was often influenced by the Pakistani spy agency Inter Services Intelligence.

He made the remark while interacting with some of the senior editors of Indian newspapers on Wednesday. His office made public the full transcript of the Question and Answer session.

"Our relations (with Bangladesh) are quite good. But we must reckon that at least 25 percent of the population of Bangladesh swear by the [Jamaat-e-Islami] and they are very anti-Indian, and they are in the clutches, many times, of the ISI.

"So, a political landscape in Bangladesh can change at any time. We do not know what these terrorist elements, who have a hold on the [Jamaat-e-Islami] elements in Bangladesh, can be up to," said Singh.

India fears sudden change in Bangladesh | | bdnews24.com

Jamaat are mostly a bunch of arm-chair warriors. I am surprised that PM Singh is concerned about them. Is there any ISI in Bangladesh? What for? :rofl:

Just one advice: Don't bag everything on AL.

God Save Bangladesh, Bangladesh has got its freedom by paying heavy price (It was told that before leaving Enemy killed many intellectuals (Teacher,Engineer,Scholars) so that Bangladesh shall not come up on its feet..)..

I don't understand how Bangladeshi can trust on ISI ???

source
Annual Report: Dhaka University 1971-72, Dr. Mafijullah Kabir
80 Years of Dhaka University; Professor Rafiqul Islam ISBN 984-412-341-0

and many

The warning by the Indian PM is suspicious in itself. Blaming the ISI directly in this way is also unexpected and probably paving the way for a false flag by RAW.

Until and unless our Indian counterparts realize that anti-india sentiments have arisen because of their own shortcomings, problems will not be solved. Making outlandish claims such as Jamaat having 25 percent backing and being backed by ISI wont do any good. In fact, people with anti-India sentiments will be much higher than 25%, if my opinion means anything atleast 75% dislike Indian influence, but that does not mean they like Jamaat, Jamaat is only popular among Hujur Bahini. And supporting one party and demonizing the other will only make the situation worse. Nowadays you will even find big time AL supporters swearing at India. No offence to Indian friends here, but this is just the reality. And lastly, i ll add that Jamaat wont be anywhere near coming to power in another 100 years.

Jamaat are mostly a bunch of arm-chair warriors. I am surprised that PM Singh is concerned about them. Is there any ISI in Bangladesh? What for? :rofl:

Just one advice: Don't bag everything on AL.

Yes, the Pakistanis left in 1971 but they left these Jamatis and Razakars behind. so, technically, they don't need the ISI. Anyway, who needs the ISI? OBL needed him but he is lying at the bottom of the ocean now. Mullah Omar? Jalaluddin/Sirajuddin Haqqani? Hafiz Sayeed? Yes, they also need him. Let us see how long they survive.

Until and unless our Indian counterparts realize that anti-india sentiments have arisen because of their own shortcomings, problems will not be solved. Making outlandish claims such as Jamaat having 25 percent backing and being backed by ISI wont do any good. In fact, people with anti-India sentiments will be much higher than 25%, if my opinion means anything atleast 75% dislike Indian influence, but that does not mean they like Jamaat, Jamaat is only popular among Hujur Bahini. And supporting one party and demonizing the other will only make the situation worse. Nowadays you will even find big time AL supporters swearing at India. No offence to Indian friends here, but this is just the reality. And lastly, i ll add that Jamaat wont be anywhere near coming to power in another 100 years.

\\

So what do we do to build a confidence ???? India always helped dhaka, Instead of Hindu fundamentalists protest We are allowing Bangla brothers to get there bread and butter in India.. What else do we do???? We are talking on border issue, Talks are going on Water issue,. By befriending ISI you are not harming us, but harming yourself too....

Bengalies are not different than Indian, we look alike , we are alike..

A very correct comment which makes the allegations of the Indian PM extremely suspicious.

True, people do not like Indian interference, lets say majority.
But its hilarious that Jamatis are supported by 25%, I mean
c'mon what kind of bogus claim is that? At max it would be
5-7%. I shall agree ISI did try to mingle quite a bit
in the past with severe failures and not on par with RAW.

Indian PM gave unnecessary importance to a not so
important party. Which is fishy.

Yes, the Pakistanis left in 1971 but they left these Jamatis and Razakars behind. so, technically, they don't need the ISI. Anyway, who needs the ISI? OBL needed him but he is lying at the bottom of the ocean now. Mullah Omar? Jalaluddin/Sirajuddin Haqqani? Hafiz Sayeed? Yes, they also need him. Let us see how long they survive.

If you really believe this War Against Terror thing then good for you. But putting Jamaat in the same bag with Al-Qaeda and Lashkar-e-Taiba boogie man bunch is unacceptable. These guys might be razakars and war criminals, but they have nothing to do with suicide bombing kinda stuff.

\\

So what do we do to build a confidence ???? India always helped dhaka, Instead of Hindu fundamentalists protest We are allowing Bangla brothers to get there bread and butter in India.. What else do we do???? We are talking on border issue, Talks are going on Water issue,. By befriending ISI you are not harming us, but harming yourself too....

Bengalies are not different than Indian, we look alike , we are alike..

hmm, so your PM says ISI has influence in Bangladesh and you take it for a fact. Not only that you are assuming we are befriending ISI to cause India harm. I ll tell you what, people in Bangladesh dont really care about this Pakistan-India or ISI-RAW war, most people just want to see the country flourish and then hope that other countries in region do well also.

If these sentiments are high and if you have any patriotism call all the Bangladeshi illegal intruders who are in India back to your country...feed them that will atleast reduce our burden...dont say anything else if you dare call them back and give them life...you consider India as a enemy then why have Bangledeshi in here as a house maid ????CALL THEM ALL RIGHT BACK...if you cant then just shut up...and here no offences too..i m totally fed up with BD we are suppirting you in all ways yet you ungratefully consider us enemy this is awefull...

If these sentiments are high and if you have any patriotism call all the Bangladeshi illegal intruders who are in India back to your country...feed them that will atleast reduce our burden...dont say anything else if you dare call them back and give them life...you consider India as a enemy then why have Bangledeshi in here as a house maid ????CALL THEM ALL RIGHT BACK...if you cant then just shut up...and here no offences too..i m totally fed up with BD we are suppirting you in all ways yet you ungratefully consider us enemy this is awefull...

Alright angry kid before that you ask your government to make an official survey of how many Bangladeshis are working there. And until and unless you can substantiate your claims with official figures stop howling about this cheap issue.

hmm, so your PM says ISI has influence in Bangladesh and you take it for a fact. Not only that you are assuming we are befriending ISI to cause India harm. I ll tell you what, people in Bangladesh dont really care about this Pakistan-India or ISI-RAW war, most people just want to see the country flourish and then hope that other countries in region do well also.

Thanks for your reply. I always respect Bengali culture.

Alright angry kid before that you ask your government to make an official survey of how many Bangladeshis are working there. And until and unless you can substantiate your claims with official figures stop howling about this cheap issue.
Grown up man take a look at these small numbers and then cry...
Illegal immigration in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Illegal Bangladeshi Immigration: People Take the Mantle When the Government Gives Up
Illegal Bangladeshi Migration to India: Impact on Internal Security | Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses
If these 10-20 million numbers are not substantial then take them to your house and feed them GROWN UP MAN after all feeding and employing them is cheap to you...:cheesy::cheesy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom