What's new

India funded Afghanistan warlords instead of former government, US report says

US names India as a Terror Sponsor state​

India funded Afghanistan warlords instead of former government, US report says​

March 5, 2023 at 8:38 am | Published in: Afghanistan, Asia & Americas, India, News, US
Former Afghan Army general Hibatullah Alizai [Facebook]

March 5, 2023 at 8:38 am
111Shares
facebook sharing button

twitter sharing button

reddit sharing button

whatsapp sharing button

email sharing button

sharethis sharing button

The Indian government funded Afghan warlords instead of the former Afghan government prior to the Taliban's takeover in 2021, newly published American documents have indicated.
According to the latest report by the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR), released on Tuesday and titled 'Why the Afghan Security Forces Collapsed', former Afghan Army general Hibatullah Alizai was quoted as saying that Atta Mohammad Noor and Abdul Rashid Dostum – two former warlords and provincial militia leaders in Afghanistan's north – went to India and got money from India to create a resistance in the North."
He insisted that while that was good, "that money should have gone to the Afghan government to pay ANDSF [army] forces' salaries. That should have been directed to the central government to be distributed lawfully."
Alizai stressed that "I as a commander was requesting money for operations and supplies, but I could not get it from the government. But Dostum got money just from making phone calls to the Indians. That funding should have gone to the central government and central bank."
SIGAR's report attempts to assess the primary reasons for the collapse of the former Afghan military – trained by US and Western forces throughout the past two decades – in the face of the advance and victory of the Taliban on 15 August 2021.
READ: US-trained death squads are the dark legacy of the war on terror
The country's fragile political situation at the time, the rampant corruption in the government and military ranks, and the hasty withdrawal of US forces which resulted in almost $7.2 billion in military equipment being left behind are all commonly-cited reasons for the rapid decline and collapse of the Western-backed system in Afghanistan.
What is less cited, however, are the prominent role that warlords such as Dostum and Noor played in that system, with their local rule, crimes, and corruption being ignored and unaccounted by Kabul and its Western military backers.
That component was seen as an essential part of the Afghan government's form of rule, with such warlords holding historic or personal enmity against the Taliban. Many reportedly fled to countries to Tajikistan or Turkiye upon the takeover, and some reconciled with the group and its new government.
India's role in supporting the former Afghan government has also been well-known over the years, particularly in terms of financial support and the provision of annual scholarships to Afghan military personnel to be trained in India. SIGAR's latest report, however, also seems to prove New Delhi's funding not to Kabul and its government, but to those notorious warlords.
In the report, General Alizai also mentioned the United Arab Emirates (UAE) as a backer to figures such as Dostum, stating that the "Emirates gave Dostum about 200 brand new Land Cruisers".
Looks like India wanted disorder

US names India as a Terror Sponsor state​

India funded Afghanistan warlords instead of former government, US report says​

March 5, 2023 at 8:38 am | Published in: Afghanistan, Asia & Americas, India, News, US

March 5, 2023 at 8:38 am
111Shares
facebook sharing button

twitter sharing button

reddit sharing button

whatsapp sharing button

email sharing button

sharethis sharing button

The Indian government funded Afghan warlords instead of the former Afghan government prior to the Taliban's takeover in 2021, newly published American documents have indicated.
According to the latest report by the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR), released on Tuesday and titled 'Why the Afghan Security Forces Collapsed', former Afghan Army general Hibatullah Alizai was quoted as saying that Atta Mohammad Noor and Abdul Rashid Dostum – two former warlords and provincial militia leaders in Afghanistan's north – went to India and got money from India to create a resistance in the North."
He insisted that while that was good, "that money should have gone to the Afghan government to pay ANDSF [army] forces' salaries. That should have been directed to the central government to be distributed lawfully."
Alizai stressed that "I as a commander was requesting money for operations and supplies, but I could not get it from the government. But Dostum got money just from making phone calls to the Indians. That funding should have gone to the central government and central bank."
SIGAR's report attempts to assess the primary reasons for the collapse of the former Afghan military – trained by US and Western forces throughout the past two decades – in the face of the advance and victory of the Taliban on 15 August 2021.
READ: US-trained death squads are the dark legacy of the war on terror
The country's fragile political situation at the time, the rampant corruption in the government and military ranks, and the hasty withdrawal of US forces which resulted in almost $7.2 billion in military equipment being left behind are all commonly-cited reasons for the rapid decline and collapse of the Western-backed system in Afghanistan.
What is less cited, however, are the prominent role that warlords such as Dostum and Noor played in that system, with their local rule, crimes, and corruption being ignored and unaccounted by Kabul and its Western military backers.
That component was seen as an essential part of the Afghan government's form of rule, with such warlords holding historic or personal enmity against the Taliban. Many reportedly fled to countries to Tajikistan or Turkiye upon the takeover, and some reconciled with the group and its new government.
India's role in supporting the former Afghan government has also been well-known over the years, particularly in terms of financial support and the provision of annual scholarships to Afghan military personnel to be trained in India. SIGAR's latest report, however, also seems to prove New Delhi's funding not to Kabul and its government, but to those notorious warlords.
In the report, General Alizai also mentioned the United Arab Emirates (UAE) as a backer to figures such as Dostum, stating that the "Emirates gave Dostum about 200 brand new Land Cruisers".
Shukar ha ksi mod na is bhosdi waly false flagger ko ban kia , this piss drinker was regular poster of hindutva propaganda here on PDF

As I explained earlier, the headline is misleading. India funded the anti-Taliban Northern alliance - before and after 9/11. You could call them "warlords", but that terminology is simply poisoning the well of discourse. All fighting factions in Afghanistan were (and still are) warlords. If you support anybody, you are supporting warlords. And I'd much rather my country support anti-Taliban forces than support pro-Taliban ones.

Pretty much every stakeholder or neutral observer, including Pakistanis, will agree that the Afghan government was corrupt to the core.
Arguing with Indians is like running in circles. Who are you to decide who is who in a foreign country? specially when you don't even share a border with them so there is no excuse of territorial overlap. BTW India is also corrupt to the core.
The fact that India funded armed groups who were not part of government to fuel war and instability IS global terrorism.
I am sure when the west is done with using India as a pushover against China they will use this for mud slinging against India.

Last edited:
No it means anti-Taliban forces like NA, Dostum, Noor etc. TTP is pro Taliban.
TTP is Indian-funded aka anti-Afghan Talibans. Afghan Talibans is Pakistan ISI's centric whereas TTP is Indian funded Afghan based Terrorist outfit responsible for killing more than 100k and beyond including the children and women.

TTP is Indian-funded aka anti-Afghan Talibans. Afghan Talibans is Pakistan ISI's centric whereas TTP is Indian funded Afghan based Terrorist outfit responsible for killing more than 100k and beyond including the children and women.
Keep telling yourself that.

WHAT IS THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE TTP AND THE AFGHAN TALIBAN?​

The TTP is separate from but a close ally of the Afghan Taliban, and that group’s takeover of Afghanistan in August 2021 emboldened the TTP, which shares the group’s ideology.

TTP fighters used to hide in Pakistan’s tribal northwest and also had sanctuary in Afghanistan, but they mostly lived a fugitive existence.

However, the Afghan Taliban started openly sheltering the TTP when they came to power. The Afghan Taliban also released TTP leaders and fighters who had been arrested by previous administrations in Kabul.

Your country is trying to find openings in the current Afghan government as well...in the end it doesn't matter.. they will try to put money on the right horse regardless what its name is.
That may well be true. India does whatever is in her interest. Just like most other countries.

Arguing with Indians is like running in circles. Who are you to decide who is who in a foreign country?
Me? Or do you mean India? Every nation assesses friends and foes in foreign nations, and especially in the neighborhood. That's statecraft.

BTW India is also corrupt to the core.
Nowhere as corrupt as the Government of Afghanistan was.

The fact that India funded armed groups who were not part of government to fuel war and instability IS global terrorism.
Oh, boy. You do know that Pakistan was funding and arming the Taliban, right? Why do you think Osama Bin Laden and Mullah Omar were all killed in Pakistan? Why do you think the US had a drone strike program for over a decade inside Pakistan?

India was funding anti-Taliban forces, and Pakistan was funding the Taliban - who were the anti-govt faction. I don;t know how to explain this more simplistically.

I am sure when the west is done with using India as a pushover against China they will use this for mud slinging against India.
This is laughable, coming from a Pakistani. When the war on terror started, Pakistan shook in its pants and gave airbases, landbases and naval routes to the evil "West". If any country has been used by the "West" in this millenium, it is Pakistan. India values its sovereignty - other than buying some hardwaare from the west, and also from Russia, India owes nothing to the West. The "West" was using your own airbases to drone strike your own people for over a decade. Talk about being used. When has India ever stooped to such lows?

Hindutvatis are really angry.

Your dear Hindutvatis are angry LOL
Did you watch the video you posted? It clearly explains how India funded anti-Taliban forces. Who exactly is angry, could you name them?

Plenty, as your people are now realizing. But leaving that aside, you do agree that your country funded them, right? Which is precisely what I was explaining to your countryman @One_Nation. It is not India, but Pakistan that has been funding and arming the Talibs and their ilk.
You just sent them wheat - since they represent Afghans now. India armed the TTP , while they have similar backgrounds, they were NOT the Afghan Taliban- at least learn about a subject before deciding to log in after ages just because Pakistan is In a horrible state(of its own accord undoubtedly) and you just want to jerk off while enjoying the misery and gloating about it like a sick ****

Shukar ha ksi mod na is bhosdi waly false flagger ko ban kia , this piss drinker was regular poster of hindutva propaganda here on PDF
How can it be Hindutva propaganda? He was spoofing / mimicking Pakistani posters.

You just sent them wheat - since they represent Afghans now. India armed the TTP , while they have similar backgrounds, they were NOT the Afghan Taliban- at least learn about a subject before deciding to log in after ages just because Pakistan is In a horrible state(of its own accord undoubtedly) and you just want to jerk off while enjoying the misery and gloating about it like a sick ****
You did what you needed to stabilize your western border. Iirc that was your position, but that process that created bulk of cannon fodder for hekymetyaar, haqqani and sayyaf and subsequently the og taliban, same Akora Khattak setup too yielded the ttp. But no that has to be indian conspirators, there is no way that radicalization can evolve to bite pakistan back until India is involved.
This is the same India backed ttp that Khan wanted to rehabilitate, was brilliantly managed by erstwhile ISI chief Faiz Hamed, and subsequently entered negotiations with PA. Sorry for your personal losses in this Shitshow, but before you whipout your sanctimonious jab, do spare a thought for the thousands your brass has butchered through proxies.

You did what you needed to stabilize your western border. Iirc that was your position, but that process that created bulk of cannon fodder for hekymetyaar, haqqani and sayyaf and subsequently the og taliban, same Akora Khattak setup too yielded the ttp. But no that has to be indian conspirators, there is no way that radicalization can evolve to bite pakistan back until India is involved.
This is the same India backed ttp that Khan wanted to rehabilitate, was brilliantly managed by erstwhile ISI chief Faiz Hamed, and subsequently entered negotiations with PA. Sorry for your personal losses in this Shitshow, but before you whipout your sanctimonious jab, do spare a thought for the thousands your brass has butchered through proxies.

In short, India never conspires against Pakistan. We believe you, Indian.

Did you watch the video you posted? It clearly explains how India funded anti-Taliban forces. Who exactly is angry, could you name them?

Yeah I watched it, but apparently you didn't. You should also read the comments of your countrymen. They are hilarious.

Me? Or do you mean India? Every nation assesses friends and foes in foreign nations, and especially in the neighborhood. That's statecraft.

Nowhere as corrupt as the Government of Afghanistan was.

Oh, boy. You do know that Pakistan was funding and arming the Taliban, right? Why do you think Osama Bin Laden and Mullah Omar were all killed in Pakistan? Why do you think the US had a drone strike program for over a decade inside Pakistan?

India was funding anti-Taliban forces, and Pakistan was funding the Taliban - who were the anti-govt faction. I don;t know how to explain this more simplistically.

This is laughable, coming from a Pakistani. When the war on terror started, Pakistan shook in its pants and gave airbases, landbases and naval routes to the evil "West". If any country has been used by the "West" in this millenium, it is Pakistan. India values its sovereignty - other than buying some hardwaare from the west, and also from Russia, India owes nothing to the West. The "West" was using your own airbases to drone strike your own people for over a decade. Talk about being used. When has India ever stooped to such lows?
What is it to you? They are our airbases, we can given them to anyone we like the Americans, the Chinese or the Aliens. We can also shoot down Russian, Iranian and Indian aircrafts or alien flying saucers. We can also sink Indian subs if they intrude in our territorial waters. In can of India China takes over 2000 square KM of Indian land, the Indian PM responded by saying nothing happened. So don’t come to this forum to give us sermons. Fix your hypocrisies first. Withdraw the 700,000 troops you have in Kashmir, stop lynching Muslims and Bulldozing their houses. Finally, don’t pretend to be a Muslim women.

I must say, I did not expect this language from you of all people. I have gracefully ignored all the gutter-speak against me from people who are capable of nothing else, and simply concentrated on the topic at hand. But if this is the way you choose to converse, that is your prerogative - as always, I shall try my best to address the issues and ignore the personal insults.

Yes, we just sent them wheat - as I admitted to another poster above, India (like all nations) does whatever is in her interest, and it may well be true that India is now trying to ingratiate itself to the new regime in Afghanistan. I personally believe (maybe you do too) that the Taliban are abhorrent, especially from the point of view of the women in that country, but that will not stop India from cozying up to them. I don't like it, but that is the nature of geopolitics.

Yes, we just sent them wheat - as I admitted to another poster above, India (like all nations) does whatever is in her interest, and it may well be true that India is now trying to ingratiate itself to the new regime in Afghanistan. I personally believe (maybe you do too) that the Taliban are abhorrent, especially from the point of view of the women in that country, but that will not stop India from cozying up to them. I don't like it, but that is the nature of geopolitics.

Who would tell the story of India bleeding out the USA in Afghanistan?

Back
Top Bottom