What's new

India, Germany sign defence pact

Contrarian

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
India, Germany sign defence pact

New Delhi: India and Germany have signed their first-ever defence pact in Berlin. It provides for joint training, technology transfers and co-production of hi-tech military hardware.

Defence Minister Pranab Mukherjee was in Berlin to sign the agreement. Germany's expertise in shipbuilding including submarines and air independent propulsion is acknowledged worldwide.

Mukherjee also discussed with his German counterpart cooperation in the fight against terrorism.

Mukherjee became the first Indian Defence Minister to visit the cemetery for Indian soldiers killed in World War One.

The bodies of 206 Indian soldiers are interred here. They had been captured by the German Army and died as prisoners of war.

India has become a reliable partner for German firms in recent years and an increasingly important customer for German goods such as machinery and equipment.

German engineering companies had sold goods worth €1.5 billion to India in 2005 and exports there had surged 137 per cent since 1999. Germany is importing an increasing amount of machinery from India.

Mukherjee had earlier visited Paris, where he met his French counterpart Michele Alliot-Marie and discussed ways to enhance Indo-French defence cooperation, the Iran nuclear programme and the situation in Lebanon and Afghanistan, besides other bilateral issues.
http://www.ibnlive.com/news/india-germany-sign-defence-pact/20896-2.html

Don't sell Pakistan U-214
Don't sell Pakistan IRST
...bla bla bla...
...bla bla bla...
...bla bla bla...

Let the PR begin :lol1:

Sorry Neo,

We like our Enemy to be that way, Easy; us poor SODS..lol What can I say I feel for ya.

On a serious note,

This might not be a Pakistan related issue, just natural progression, What I have heard and cant confirm is, that there has been a tussle between Germany and Britian, on who would reprenst Typhoon EuroFighter at the Indian MMRCA deal.

Don't sell Pakistan U-214
Don't sell Pakistan IRST
...bla bla bla...
...bla bla bla...
...bla bla bla...

Let the PR begin :lol1:

Neo tensed already ? why is the frustration ? No one stops pakistan from signing defence deals.

Neo tensed already ? why is the frustration ? No one stops pakistan from signing defence deals.

No dude, I'm ralaxed! :angel1:
We're already in business with a number of countries including Germany. :thumbsup:

And we got plenty to spend these days. :)
GDP is closing the $140 billion mark.

Economy stats, from a dictator who is on life support from the US.
Where have we seen this before?lol

Economy stats, from a dictator who is on life support from the US.
Where have we seen this before?lol

Check the CIA Wold Fact Book's stats on Pakistan. Some data are finally revised including GDP, which stands at $126 billion. Even that is old news, we crossed that mark in 2005/06 already.

I believe this particular source is very popular in the Indian fora or has it now lost its credibility? :lol1:

Neo,

I respectfully say, Let us agree to disagree. We will see the bodies and the graveyards of stats prop up, when mushraff leaves, as is the case of most rulers of pakistan.
I would not be suprised America wrote a Rosy picture of Pakistan, they have inflitrated very nook and corner of the Pakistani establishment, Why Invade when you can control

PS: About other Fora's, you know me better than that

Neo,

I respectfully say, Let us agree to disagree. We will see the bodies and the graveyards of stats prop up, when mushraff leaves, as is the case of most rulers of pakistan.
I would not be suprised America wrote a Rosy picture of Pakistan, they have inflitrated very nook and corner of the Pakistani establishment, Why Invade when you can control
Or maybe you can let go of your prejudice and the the rosy picture yourself!
I usually don't post biased reports on our economies, mine and yours, I keep myself well informed about the progress and I too know when to take the news by a pinch of salt.

PS: About other Fora's, you know me better than that
I do! :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom