What's new

INDIA GETING BACK ARMY

naseebkhanniazi

Reaction score
india is giong to call back army from kashmir openion needed from most senior member's from both side

chadam buram say that we are ready to call back army

Last edited:
call back army from Held Kashmir??? I dont think so it could happen.

NEW DELHI: India's home minister said Wednesday India was prepared to withdraw a "significant" number of troops from the occupied Kashmir.

Briefing lawmakers in parliament, P. Chidambaram noted that violence in the region had dropped in the past few years.

"I would take what appears to be a risky step of withdrawing a significant number of battalions of security forces in Kashmir," the minister told members of parliament, according to Indian news agency.

"We are now transferring more and more law and order duties to the Kashmir police," the news agency quoted Chidambaram as saying.

Chidambaram, however, did not state how many troops would be withdrawn or give a timetable for their pullout.

India ready to withdraw significant number of troops from Kashmir

thank's for reply can you tell me if it is not happen then what is the reason behind this statement in your openion

Well the main motive might be to test the waters in J&K. As violence has dipped, GoI is trying to see if removing troops will bring about more peace to the area.

Another motive might be to transfer more power to the state govt. by transfering security responsibilities to the J&K police which is pretty much made up of local Kashmiris.

thank's for reply can you tell me if it is not happen then what is the reason behind this statement in your openion

As per home minister statements he is making a good gesture to start talking with the separatists...Any way its a nice move..risky but still a good move to ensure peace in that region

The home minister has only jurisdiction over Para Military troops not the regular army.

He is possibly referring to CRPF & BSF with J&K police getting active it was only to happen - good move.

Its going to be mainly withdrawal of para military forces from population centres. More details about the diplomacy at work is here
http://www.defence.pk/forums/kashmi...cuss-self-determination-says-chidambaram.html

The Defence Minister Antony will have to take decision or Army withdrawal and he hasn't' taken any yet. Besides there are hardly any Army personnel in population centres, its mainly the CPRF and other para military forces.

This proves that Indian army is there to crush terrorists not Kashmirs....If terrorists go ,Indian army too go...

Back
Top Bottom