What's new

India inks deal with Russia to immediately procure 70,000 latest AK-203 rifles off the shelf

BSF engages in combat with Pak forces on the border often, read up on it. INSAS will not be phased out till you get at least another 1 million rifles. All the SIGs and AK purchases only add up to a few hundred thousand. Better you wake up to reality then continue to embraress youself.
Every country transitions from Rifles, you guys are replacing your Chinese AKs with Russian AKs and German G3 with your PK-21 which will mean halfway down the replacement of old rifles you’ll have 4 different types of guns, Type-56, G3, PK-21 and AK-103.

Happy now? Your arguement doesn’t make sense because we are phasing out our rifles which takes time, but it happens overnight there it seems.

Every country transitions from Rifles, you guys are replacing your Chinese AKs with Russian AKs and German G3 with your PK-21 which will mean halfway down the replacement of old rifles you’ll have 4 different types of guns, Type-56, G3, PK-21 and AK-103.

Happy now? Your arguement doesn’t make sense because we are phasing out our rifles which takes time, but it happens overnight there it seems.

No, no replacement has been selected. Stop bullshitting constantly. Everyone can see through it.

TAR is available, but MoD wanted to go for Russian AK-203 to keep ruskies happy and keep Amethi happy until next elections.

, take it as an example then.

Yes, that is my exact point, you make decisions not in the interests of standardisation but to keep allies happy. You made my point for me, thanks.

AK-203 anyways will be made in Amethi OFB, how does it matter whether AK is made in India by Indian company or made in India by a Joint Venture.

AK is loved by Indian Army, they are going for it.

AK-203 anyways will be made in Amethi OFB, how does it matter whether AK is made in India by Indian company or made in India by a Joint Venture.

simple, your own small arms industry will never improve in that case.

Super powers make their own rifles.

Then countries defeating 2 superpowers should export their own rifles after making it standard issue, shouldn’t they?

Pak never claims to be a regional super power, you guys do the talking but cannot design rifles. Turkey, Japan, France, UK, Germany, US, Russia, China all manage this. I would say India is the only major power that cannot do this. A direct result of your love of imports and keeping allies happy.

Pak never claims to be a regional super power, you guys do the talking but cannot design rifles. Turkey, Japan, France, UK, Germany, US, Russia, China all manage this. I would say India is the only major power that cannot do this. A direct result of your love of imports and keeping allies happy.
We did use INSAS as our own, now it’s upto Army to choose, France recently ordered HK416F to replace their FAMAS. And Turkey?

We did use INSAS as our own, now it’s upto Army to choose, France recently ordered HK416F to replace their FAMAS. And Turkey?

As posted earlier, INSAS was a collossal failure, please do not pretend India makes high class rifles

Back
Top Bottom