What's new

India is our second home: Pakistani singers

Technically, Iqbal and Jinnah are Indian/Hindu/Sindhu origin as well...

Technically yes, these names are based on geography and fortunately Indus valley is in Pakistan. Now it is our choice we call ourselves as Indians or not. But definately we can't relate ourselves to Brahmputra or any geographical location in Baharat.

Just of curiosity, what's a sindhu?

The name India is derived from Indus, which is derived from the Old Persian word Hindu, from Sanskrit Sindhu, the historic local appellation for the Indus River. The ancient Greeks referred to the Indians as Indoi (Ινδοί), the people of the Indus. The Constitution of India and common usage in various Indian languages also recognise Bharat as an official name of equal status. The name Bharat is derived from the name of the legendary king Bharata in Hindu scriptures. Hindustan , originally a Persian word for “Land of the Hindus” referring to northern India, is also occasionally used as a synonym for all of India.

Check out the hatred from Indians in the reader comments to what is a pretty positive article.

Even pop singers aren't spared. Such a shame :frown:

Technically yes, these names are based on geography and fortunately Indus valley is in Pakistan. Now it is our choice we call ourselves as Indians or not. But definately we can't relate ourselves to Brahmputra or any geographical location in Baharat.

Iqbal and Jinnah had Hindu roots from a religious prospective as well...

Check out the hatred from Indians in the reader comments to what is a pretty positive article.

Do you know what is Rahat Fateh Ali Khan doing these days...

:P what expected from bhartis in the first place.

Iqbal and Jinnah had Hindu roots from a religious prospective as well...

Am not sure but definitely their forefathers must have converted from local subcontinent religion to Islam and so are my forefathers. By the way Jinnah married to a Parsi lady and his daughter is married to a Parsi gentleman and living in Baharat. But are you sure Hindu is a religion? to me it represents geographic area.

Do you know what is Rahat Fateh Ali Khan doing these days...
No idea, but I know he's admired a great deal in India, and has appeared many times on shows etc.

Atif is another, and I know these guys have a strong following. You just have to see the many positive comments on the Coke Studio YouTube pages from India to know our pop/rock music and artists are greatly admired.

I don't mean to say that the reader comments are what all Indians think, but it doesn't bode well when every other comment about Strings is ladened with 'ISI this, or Taliban that'.

If Strings aren't given mercy from such spiteful comments, then what chance for the rest of us? It's an uphill battle.

No idea, but I know he's admired a great deal in India, and has appeared many times on shows etc.

Atif is another, and I know these guys have a strong following. You just have to see the many positive comments on the Coke Studio YouTube pages from India to know our pop/rock music and artists are greatly admired.

I don't mean to say that the reader comments are what all Indians think, but it doesn't bode well when every other comment about Strings is ladened with 'ISI this, or Taliban that'.

If Strings aren't given mercy from such spiteful comments, then what chance for the rest of us? It's an uphill battle.
sir, i agreed with few points, but if we have so much hatred against them, they could not have been in india. even u are contradicting your point by saying they are popular and people love them

Back
Top Bottom