What's new

India is still the world’s largest Arms Importer

The imports king showing the world how it's done :yahoo:. India reminds me of those rappers flaunting their gold and diamond encrusted everything and dropping dollar bills everywhere, while onlookers with more frugal spending habits can only glance in astonishment and envy.

Import of weapons is must till indigenous efforts starts yielding credible results, India is largest importer only because it has too large borders with neighbors with whom India has dispute and disagreements so its needs are huge and in large numbers

India with a modern army made up of US, EU, ISraelis and Russian equipment and with a crumbling infrastructure. I visited New Delhi, India begining of this year and what I saw is really a shame. No modern buildings, dirty buildings, crows patrolling the dark sky, when it rains, mud everywhere, people evacuating next to the road, people sleeping everwhere on the pavement, on the floor in hospitals, damaged roads. There is a gap between what I saw on the Delhi newspapers and what I could see in reality. Whiel newspapers portrayed a modern country, what I saw on the street and in reality was quite different, I saw a very under developed country with nothing. However the Indian private health care is certainly among the most hitech and competent in the World.

I actually don't mind importing if it's for the right reasons and the right weapons.

I wouldn't mind a few of those French Raphale, or some of those German guns, or some Nato Vests, American drones, Israeli missile defense, English muffins, Spanish Shakira, and what not.

Americans are working with the developed world on weapons, we are going in head first and blind not to mention no back up.

If we are to consider the American development budget and EU's, it's actually one and the same, then the developed world, is just too damn far ahead, and would require too much resources that we just don't have right now.

Aligning with Russia is not a great move, it helps us in too few a field than be together with the cool kids.

This thread celebrates India's big impressive, spending habits. Are you sure you want to share this hardfought attention with China, when India has so few other accomplishments to nourish it with attention, and China so many? I mean, China's export prowess is already known to everyone.
We are talking about wepons not export powers, You are manufacturing your own wepons because you dont have a choice to import them. If you did you would be doing the same.

We are talking about wepons not export powers,

That's where your colleague wanted to shift the topic, even though it's alsowhere India is markedly disadvantaged.

You are manufacturing your own wepons because you dont have a choice to import them. If you did you would be doing the same.

But we do import weaponry. There is some areas of tech that we cannot currently master, so we import. But we also believe in developing an indigenous capability to manufacture what we need, so in the longterm we are looking to minimize imports.

It's a little hard to communicate with you because we have different mentalities. You think being the Import King is a badge of honour and are trying to belittle China for not matching up to India's big spending habits. You also think domestic manufacturing is shameful. If you feel gratification that India edges out China here, feel free to wallow in it.

It is News because India got so much state of the art weapon technology from Russia and the West but yet India failed to produce anything indigenous and that's why India still remains the World's largest Arms Importer.

Okk you are right...One question.. why Pakistan is much bigger importer than India???
India is only 2.5 times importer than Pakistan... That is when comparing with GDP of two countries Pakistan imports 4 times than India...

In the period 2008–12 Asia and Oceania accounted for almost half (47 per cent) of global imports of major conventional weapons. The top five importers of major conventional weapons worldwide—India (12 per cent of global imports), China (6 per cent), Pakistan (5 per cent), South Korea (5 per cent), and Singapore (4 per cent)—were all in Asia.
18 Mar. 2013: China replaces UK as world’s fifth largest arms exporter, says SIPRI — www.sipri.org

India with a modern army made up of US, EU, ISraelis and Russian equipment and with a crumbling infrastructure. I visited New Delhi, India begining of this year and what I saw is really a shame. No modern buildings, dirty buildings, crows patrolling the dark sky, when it rains, mud everywhere, people evacuating next to the road, people sleeping everwhere on the pavement, on the floor in hospitals, damaged roads. There is a gap between what I saw on the Delhi newspapers and what I could see in reality. Whiel newspapers portrayed a modern country, what I saw on the street and in reality was quite different, I saw a very under developed country with nothing. However the Indian private health care is certainly among the most hitech and competent in the World.
you must have reached Lahore instead of Delhi then. Hahahahah

It is News because India got so much state of the art weapon technology from Russia and the West but yet India failed to produce anything indigenous and that's why India still remains the World's largest Arms Importer.
but why are you worried..that is the million dollar question ?? :bounce:

great news :tup:
and i hope that it continues this way

It's much needed. And when India military industry advances, some emerging economy in Asia or Africa will replace it. That's the game.

India is the largest military importer ,yet it lacks basic sanitary facilities like toilets.India should get its priorities straight.

Back
Top Bottom