What's new

India launches giant cheap food programme

Plenty of cheap rice is good and all, but to tackle malnutrition the government should add cheaper protein and fruits/vegetables to the list. Eating nothing but rice will fill you up but it is insufficient to provide rudimentary nutrition, especially for children.

I remember watching an Indian documentary about free school lunches mass produced in factories that looked quite delicious, but the program had caste issues because reservation requirements for dallits in the school kitchen resulted in upper caste children refusing to eat.

I sure hope you vote for modi so that he can reverse this program and let people starve to death

Oh please give me a Break the current PDS system has very big leaks in it & half of it never reaches the targeted people only 30-40% reaches it

The amount of corruption that i have noticed with my own eyes is just Disappointing
so Yeah i will vote for Modi & urge every one to do some Friends Family you name it

Plenty of cheap rice is good and all, but to tackle malnutrition the government should add cheaper protein and fruits/vegetables to the list. Eating nothing but rice will fill you up but it is insufficient to provide rudimentary nutrition, especially for children.

I remember watching an Indian documentary about free school lunches mass produced in factories that looked quite delicious, but the program had caste issues because reservation requirements for dallits in the school kitchen resulted in upper caste children refusing to eat.

We do have rice which has more iron content in it.The NIN national institute of nutrition and other government agencies bring new breeds of crop which are drought resistant not genetically modified but naturally bred.All schools having midday meals are given enough protein in their diet.

The math proves that Sonia’s Food Security Bill is a big hoax

Sonia Gandhi’s Food Security Bill (FSB), everyone acknowledges, is a political signal from the Congress to the electorate on the eve of elections. That it will damage the fiscal situation and also give inflation another push is something most economists accept. We are, of course, talking of economists who go beyond the moral argument which holds that when it’s a question of feeding the poor, the budget can go take a walk.

However, it’s now time to look even at the moral arguments closely. And expose the Congress party’s claims that this bill is the answer to the problems of eliminating malnutrition and hunger. It was never intended to be that. What the math points to is not a budgetary fiddle, but a gigantic political hoax.

Read more The math proves that Sonia’s Food Security Bill is a big hoax - Firstpost

Back
Top Bottom