What's new

India left "disappointed" as US goes ahead with F-16 sale to Pakistan.

Does only one pilot wear the Jhmcs helmet in a twin seater? Why 14 helmets when buying 8 aircraft?
Even our older F-16s after going through their MLU programme are now equipped with JHMCS.

12316550_1694664224104261_1947838179460328174_n.jpg

But sadly our govt still sleeping,we should keep away US from our defence matters. They are the no1 backstabber in modern history. The most surprising factor is that most of the Indian PDF members are still licking uncle Sam's balls & keep away Russians.

Your country men is obsessed with gora rung be it Gora Balls :lol:

We very dumb comparison..because USA and China are after all deep partners in economy, trade and several other things..even if they disagree on few things..they are not enemies...and above all..India is not China...not even remotely..

Secondly Taiwan is a disputed Island...with China claiming its sovereignty..Pakistan is an independent country...
It's understandable that you didnt get it. I'm not comparing nations... I'm comparing the foreign policies.

Sir I have serious reports about a third 4.5th Generation platform coming soon

PAF nicely declined that aircraft back in 2005.....not sure if there's any substance to the news......i even spoke to the defence representative of the ''Middle'' country....he also wasn't aware of any such developments.

I think these are not the last 8. After delivery of these 8, if things are going good between Pakistan and USA at that time then we might see another small order of of 6-8 F16.

So PAF is looking for 100 F-16's and 36 of these Block 52+

because more f16s mean more work for MKI pilots. More work means more sweat. That will ruin their knight in shiny armour image. Or should I say knight in shiny g suit?

and more pills to keep their pilots awake :D

LOL this what u get for boot licking USA.

India also licked the boots of US to stop these 8 F-16 but failed :D right

I will bet that within or at the end of the two year period these F-16s are delivered, the PAF will order additional new-built F-16s. It'll either be through multiple incremental orders or through one final big batch.

And i bit we will get some refurbish F16 of block 50/52 standard. The next PAF new plane hunt will be 5 Gen and till then only F16 or JF17 will be added

Well, I dont understand why some of you IndiIndia hink a mere 8 or even more F16 sale to Pakistan is a cause for breaking strategic ties with the U.S. That's just short term thinking and a misguided policy.

Lets take an example: When the India insists on carrying on with its close ties/relations with Iran while purchasing bilions of dollars of oil from Iran despite U.S/western opposition/sanctions , I dont see the U.S/west talking about breaking strategic relations with India or whatever. The hell, even Papa Russia is normalizing relations with Pakistan and talking about selling/providing them with weapons. I don't see many Indians condemning/badmouthing Russia for this. It shouldnt be the case anyway.

So we should always look at things from the big picture and avoid this zero sum game. U.S-India (just like Russia-India) ties should be bigger than this notwithstanding India's legitimate concerns :meeting:

Is there a strategic relationship in the first place?
Count me 3 lethal American weapons in use by India, AT PRESENT.

My comment is for those Indians who put up American interests before Indian interests , who talk about fighting off China together with US, who talk about how two democracies are meant for each other.

At present , there a healthy " BUYER and SELLER " relationship, I am perfectly OK with it.
What bothers me is some people who try to name it " STRATEGIC RELATIONSHIP".

Well, I dont understand why some of you Indians think a mere 8 or even more F16 sale to Pakistan is a cause for breaking strategic ties with the U.S. That's just short term thinking and a misguided policy.

Lets take an example: When the India insists on carrying on with its close ties/relations with Iran while purchasing bilions of dollars of oil from Iran despite U.S/western opposition/sanctions , I dont see the U.S/west talking about breaking strategic relations with India or whatever. The hell, even Papa Russia is normalizing relations with Pakistan and talking about selling/providing them with weapons. I don't see many Indians condemning/badmouthing Russia for this. It shouldnt be the case anyway.

So we should always look at things from the big picture and avoid this zero sum game. U.S-India (just like Russia-India) ties should be bigger than this notwithstanding India's legitimate concerns :meeting:
Remember Soviet Union and Russia are not the same. And most of us know the difference between two. So there is not much noise.

'Disappointed' India summons US ambassador over sale of F-16s to Pakistan
AFP | DAWN.COM — UPDATED ABOUT 2 HOURS AGO
NEW DELHI: A 'disappointed' India summoned on Saturday United States envoy in New Delhi, Richard Verma, over Obama administration's decision to sell eight Lockheed Martin F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan, along with training, radar and other equipment, a deal worth $699 million.

"We are disappointed at the decision of the Obama Administration to notify the sale of F-16 aircraft to Pakistan," Indian External Affairs Ministry spokesman Vikas Swarup said on Twitter.

"The US ambassador will be summoned by the ministry of external affairs to convey our displeasure."

Indian Foreign Secretary S. Jaishankar later met the US ambassador at the ministry to convey India's disapproval of the deal to Washington, in a meeting which lasted 45 minutes, reported The Hindu.

View image on Twitter
CbDqiuyUUAAjdJx.jpg:large

Follow
Vikas Swarup

✔@MEAIndia

We are disappointed at the decision of the Obama Administration to notify the sale of F-16 aircrafts to Pakistan

4:20 AM - 13 Feb 2016

The Obama administration notified the Congress on Friday that it planned to sell eight F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan, with a State Department spokesman saying that US weapon sales to Pakistan contributed to the fight against terrorism and furthered America’s foreign policy interests.

The remarks followed a move by some US lawmakers and a campaign in the US media to stop the Obama administration from selling eight F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan.

Although Congress has delayed the proposed sale, the administration still seems interested in pushing it through, insisting that it’s in vital US interests to do so.

"We disagree with their rationale that such arms transfers help to combat terrorism," Swarup said. "The record of the last many years in this regard speaks for itself."

'In US security interests to support Pakistan counter-terrorism efforts'
When asked at a State Department news briefing if he had any figures to back up the claim that US assistance to Pakistan had reduced terrorist activities, spokesman Mark Toner said he did not have such figures in front of him but noted that no country in the region had been more touched by terrorism than Pakistan.

“We believe it’s in our vital national security interests to support Pakistan in carrying out its efforts to destroy these terrorist networks, and we believe it’s an important partner in the region in achieving a stable and secure Afghanistan,” said the US official.

The F-16 aircraft would allow Pakistan's Air Force to operate in all kinds of weather, at night, as well as "enhance Pakistan's ability to conduct counter-insurgency and counterterrorism operations," the US Defence Security Cooperation Agency, which coordinates such foreign arms sales, said in a statement.

The proposed deal will now go through a 30-day notification period after which it will be finalised.

The new aircraft will add to Pakistan’s sizable force of fighter jets which includes more than 70 F-16s and dozens of French and Chinese attack aircraft, the report said.

In May 2015, the US handed over to Pakistan over 14 combat aircraft, 59 military trainer jets and 374 armoured personnel carriers, Dawn newspaper had reported. The weapons supplied to Pakistan were earlier used by American forces in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Back
Top Bottom