What's new

India left "disappointed" as US goes ahead with F-16 sale to Pakistan.

Good deal as they are coming for free. Initially, it was reported that these F-16s will be worth 1.5 billion dollars $ which was mind boggling and extremely questionable. Now, with 700 million dollars, it is making sense as we are not paying for it. So good luck PAF!

However, focus must be more on Chinese, Russian or even French platforms.
Russian and French markets are not as open for us as they are for India.

US and China are the only countries who do not have much qualms selling good weapons to Pakistan at the moment.

I think India will turn to more Russian weapon after this deal. I'm sorry that the JF17 engine also provided by Russia.

India protest each arm sell to Pakistan, most of time it failed. Sometimes I feel Indians are funny, they just make my day.

Somebody mind telling what is the time frame for delivery of these jets as the articles being referred to are not mentioning it.?
Regards

No one said they were worried about 8 planes changing the balance of power. But why let an oppurtunity to potentially scupper such a deal go unexplored?
That i agree and i have no problem with that, now that being said my point was to question "those" who believe nothing that Pakistan have or will have can pose any threat to India because India can eat Pakistan in one loaf.

Russian and French markets are not as open for us as they are for India.

US and China are the only countries who do not have much qualms selling good weapons to Pakistan at the moment.
Yes and now is the time that Pakistan should go for some dual engine platform from China i.e. J 16 as imho we may get all or even more from J 16 than what might have got from Su 35. Furthermore, i would like to know the radars on the F 16s we are getting.
Regards

You would have done the same in if you were in the India's place.

8 F16 will do nothing to tilt the huge conventional superiority that India enjoys. I am enjoying the scene created by India. I guess India will put further pressure on US in coming days.

You are correct in Indian general behavior but you guys don't know US very well and US always prefer her own interest and if selling Hydrogen bomb will help US then US will sell that or gift that to even alien.

Congress should know if they stop aid to Pakistan they will lose their influence and lose their say in south east Asia so be a nice boy and keep on rewarding them .

Science Nai aati Na???
I can explain it to you in great details as to who's on fire....but that would be like stooping to your level and banging my head.
That's why Rehne do!!!

8 F-16s...and the celebration. India must mean a lot to your guys. Hehehe

Stop trolling Levina. You are sr. member and yes some time we screw but still Indian use more abusive words then Pakistani's.

US will meet its Frankenstein soon... India just warned them about it. Lol
It's no big deal...we were supposed to react to this news and we did, like we were expected to.
we like to keep our neighbours happy. Lolzz

So you mean to say US are idiots and only Indians are intelligent in this whole world?. Stop trolling

But we will show the US what do you mean by business?
You've confused India's international standing and status with that of the US in making this absurd quasi-threat ...

My input:

As far as Sen. Corker is concerned, he doesn't want US to subsidize the F-16 sale using FMF. I presume this is his only objection. Article also says Pakistan only has funds for purchasing four F-16s outright and FMF will pay for the other four.

Of course, this doesn't mean other Congressmen are not blocking the sale for other reasons.
So here's the thing - the US approves X dollars of aid and/or CSF reimbursements for Pakistan annually. Any 'US funding for military purchases from the US' will be taken out of the X funds allocated to Pakistan. The only thing that will happen if the US legislature asks Pakistan to 'pay for the military purchases herself' is that the money has to travel to Pakistan first, before being sent back to the US.

Basically the point is that without a significant cut in the budgeted US aid and/or CSF reimbursements to Pakistan, the funds available to Pakistan for the F-16 purchase will remain intact.

You've confused India's international standing and status with that of the US in making this absurd quasi-threat ...

Hey every Tom, Dick and Harry can threaten US. It's an altogether another matter if they can deliver.

I say let's take away all the H1B visas and see how India responds with their IT industry going down the crapper.

Well sir, this time it will be different because it will be Trump as the Republican president and his views on Pakistan are well known.

Of the 3 credible contenders for the White House (Sanders, Clinton and Trump), 2 are quite outspoken critics of Pakistan but the third (Sanders) is an unknown entitiy in this regard- foreign policy doesn't seem to be a concern for him.

I'm not saying this will translate into any change of the status quo but I wouldn't be surprised if it did, especaially witha radical like Trump at the helm and with a Republican Congress.

+ the last republican president cleared a civil nuclear deal with India.
Once they (whomever) becomes President they also become privy to a lot more classified information regarding the extent of cooperation between the US and Pakistan on Al Qaeda and COIN efforts and what the actual reality on the ground is and what level of constraints Pakistan is juggling.

As I've said elsewhere, if the reality of the situation in Afghanistan was really as simple as the media makes it out of be, of the ISI deliberately funding and plotting Taliban attacks against US forces causing the deaths of thousands of US troops, the Pakistan-US relationship would be similar to the US-Iran relationship of a few years ago.

Hey every Tom, Dick and Harry can threaten US. It's an altogether another matter if they can deliver.

I say let's take away all the H1B visas and see how India responds with their IT industry going down the crapper.

That'd be disastrous not only for the Indian IT industry which gets 50 to 60% of its revenue from the US but also and probably much more disastrous on the US financial services, banking services, IT services industries. All sectors of the US will be affected significantly, not just these. Anyone who thinks ony call centers will be affected has turned off his/her brain 10 years ago. Call centers have moved and movable easily to Phillipines but not real IT. US and India are now inter-dependent.

That'd be disastrous not only for the Indian IT industry which gets 50 to 60% of its revenue from the US but also and probably much more disastrous on the US financial services, banking services, IT services industries. All sectors of the US will be affected significantly, not just these. Anyone who thinks ony call centers will be affected has turned off his/her brain 10 years ago. Call centers have moved and movable easily to Phillipines but not real IT. US and India are now inter-dependent.
No one is irreplaceable - other nations and companies will step in, and there will be a minor blip for a year or so as the transition occurs.

Back
Top Bottom