What's new

India misses out on world uni rankings

From PURE IIT (WITHOUT FOREIGN COLLABORATION , CORRESPONDING AUTHOR FOR THE ARTICLE , IT SHOULDN'T BE PHD OR PDF work IN ABROAD) if yes I am hopefully awaiting for the article atleast give the link the i will happy and I will apologize for my post.

CSE, IIT Bombay is the link for PhD students of IITB CSE, go though the students home pages yourself and see for yourself and spare us some slack.

i can give you my 2 IEEE papers 4 free.. if u want so... mate dont b so ignorant

I did my PhD in ANU, I can't remember how many publications I have.

However, there is one thing I can guarantee you: I never cited any paper from indian universities because there is simply no such good paper that worth my reading to start with.

And China produces 3 times more than that!

And no am not seeing research just in military point of view. I just finished my PhD so I think I would know what research means.

All am saying is that research is money intensive, India doesn't have that sort of money, we need to bring our primary, secondary schooling, undergrad education at par with the rest of the world first. Once that is done India can focus more on research.

Of course am not saying that don't pay attention to research at all, funding to institutes such as IISc in increasing every year, new research centers are coming up, we ll get there. But our priority should be to make sure that everyone is able to afford education first.

COOL mate I am also dng research ,wat a surprise? In wic r u dng?

CSE, IIT Bombay is the link for PhD students of IITB CSE, go though the students home pages yourself and see for yourself and spare us some slack.

No, I will not do that as clearly there is no computer science related resarch in india.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

And China produces 3 times more than that!

And no am not seeing research just in military point of view. I just finished my PhD so I think I would know what research means.

All am saying is that research is money intensive, India doesn't have that sort of money, we need to bring our primary, secondary schooling, undergrad education at par with the rest of the world first. Once that is done India can focus more on research.

Of course am not saying that don't pay attention to research at all, funding to institutes such as IISc in increasing every year, new research centers are coming up, we ll get there. But our priority should be to make sure that everyone is able to afford education first.

You are wrong.

The problem is not about how/where funds are going to be allocated, it is all about a long term vision and the capacity to carry it out. india doesn't have such vision, india doesn't have such capacity.

No, I will not do that as clearly there is no computer science related resarch in india.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

You are wrong.

The problem is not about how/where funds are going to be allocated, it is all about a long term vision and the capacity to carry it out. india doesn't have such vision, india doesn't have such capacity.

You are very monotonous.

Now off you go chinese guy from china, Am I offending china and chiense by writing china and chinese with small letters? Isn't that your logic mate?:lol: I would like to see some of the papers you published. Thanks.

You are very monotonous.

Ever heard about South Korea model? check that, come back then we talk.

I did my PhD in ANU supported by IPRS scholarship and a university top up, before that I did my undergraduate in one of the best uni in China. If you check back a few generations, my family once overlook the entire education system in China.

What I can tell you is:

1. during all these years of doing research/working in research, I never read any single computer science research paper from indian universities.

2. 20 years using computer, I never downloaded/installed/used any indian made software/hardware.

3. it is 100% true that there are indians working in us universities / companies that write good paper/software, but I would say the percentage is much lower than Chinese.

4. If you check any respectful networking related conference/journal, 50%+ articles were written by Chinese first authors.

5. There are published scientific research results clearly explains all these: indian's average IQ is ~80, Chinese average IQ is ~105.

I did my PhD in ANU, I can't remember how many publications I have.

However, there is one thing I can guarantee you: I never cited any paper from indian universities because there is simply no such good paper that worth my reading to start with.

That reeks of ignorance and arrogance, a researcher will always knows how many papers he had and always humble about that. Coming to citing an Indian papers, even i haven't cited paper from author from Indian origin apart from my own, that doesn't mean that there are no good papers from India, that only means that i am only one from India who is doing research from in that topic. I am also happy that some people from Europe and Brazil find my papers relevant and cited me.

I don't think it is racial, in fact I believe the opposite that all races have the same potential for IQ, different average IQ across nations are caused by food habits, life style and education. india need to fix that problem, otherwise it simply can't stand a chance in the coming years.

Over years, I have worked with hundreds of indians, across different age groups. There are very smart indians, very hard working indians, but to be frankly honest, most of them are not smart. Most of them are considered as below Chinese average.

When I discuss algorithms with indians, I have to start from the beginning, talk about all details, I mean ALL details. then if you are lucky, they can figure out what you are talking about. However, if I talk the same content to Koreans, Whites, I don't have to go through all details, you tell them the most important bits, they will figure out the big picture and move on for in depth discussion.

I did my PhD in ANU supported by IPRS scholarship and a university top up, before that I did my undergraduate in one of the best uni in China. If you check back a few generations, my family once overlook the entire education system in China.

What I can tell you is:

1. during all these years of doing research/working in research, I never read any single computer science research paper from indian universities.

2. 20 years using computer, I never downloaded/installed/used any indian made software/hardware.

3. it is 100% true that there are indians working in us universities / companies that write good paper/software, but I would say the percentage is much lower than Chinese.

4. If you check any respectful networking related conference/journal, 50%+ articles were written by Chinese first authors.

5. There are published scientific research results clearly explains all these: indian's average IQ is ~80, Chinese average IQ is ~105.

If china IQ is 105 then why are you not producing more papers than US. Why Chinese didn't have more oscars and noble prizes than India. Why no mainland Chinese got able prize or Godel prize or Turing award.

Are u insane ? I checked the all ARE presented in IEEE conference and short communication. I think u doesn't hav any idea abt peer reviewed journal and DOI. go and study if u don't knw spare us.

You always like this or occasionally like this.

That reeks of ignorance and arrogance, a researcher will always knows how many papers he had and always humble about that. Coming to citing an Indian papers, even i haven't cited paper from author from Indian origin apart from my own, that doesn't mean that there are no good papers from India, that only means that i am only one from India who is doing research from in that topic. I am also happy that some people from Europe and Brazil find my papers relevant and cited me.

1. I am not a "researcher".

2. It takes about 2 weeks to come up with a new idea, write a prototype software to verify it, finish a paper, and get it published on a above average conference. it takes probably 3-6 months to get a top ranking one. Not difficult at all, so why should I remember such "details"?

3. I cited over over 100 US papers in my thesis, about 20 Chinese papers in my thesis. There are also large number written by Europeans. Are you suggesting india is simply not capable of doing research in my area or india simply doesn't bother to do such research in such area?

From PURE IIT (WITHOUT FOREIGN COLLABORATION , CORRESPONDING AUTHOR FOR THE ARTICLE , IT SHOULDN'T BE PHD OR PDF work IN ABROAD) if yes I am hopefully awaiting for the article atleast give the link the i will happy and I will apologize for my post.

Mate... indeed being from non IIT and it was just M Tech thesis outcome... and wid my guide there and helping hands of frnds from IIT ghy...

One i like to say that research works now in India picking a momentum... facts:

1. as now a days numbers of ppl joining higher studied...
2. More pay and preference given to PHD candidates.
3. Govt plan for allocation of more fund for research.

but there is hell and heaven difference in defense research and normal engg research ppl do. as a student i even cant handle that level of funda..! considering stipulated time frame.

Again we need not to compare what Chinese are doing. They are the among top research paper publishing country after USA.
As i said India now gradually picking up the momentum. Being from CSE my work area was video encryption... my guide is itself from India and now for 20 years he is abroad.

What I can tell you is:

I don't need to know your or your family's credentials. As usual you are derailing the thread by bring in irrelevant points. And during my research I didn't come across a single paper published by any chinise university, yes there were papers by chinise Americans, but nothing from china.

And you should read up on the relationship between IQ and poverty. Put a chinise and and an Indian student under similar conditions/education and then we ll see how different their IQ is.

And yes I would like to see some of those papers that you have published.

I don't think it is racial, in fact I believe the opposite that all races have the same potential for IQ, different average IQ across nations are caused by food habits, life style and education. india need to fix that problem, otherwise it simply can't stand a chance in the coming years.

Over years, I have worked with hundreds of indians, across different age groups. There are very smart indians, very hard working indians, but to be frankly honest, most of them are not smart. Most of them are considered as below Chinese average.

When I discuss algorithms with indians, I have to start from the beginning, talk about all details, I mean ALL details. then if you are lucky, they can figure out what you are talking about. However, if I talk the same content to Koreans, Whites, I don't have to go through all details, you tell them the most important bits, they will figure out the big picture and move on for in depth discussion.

I have reviewed many papers from Chinese universities and as far as i know there is no originality in those papers, most of them discuss about their experiences or the new application for existing theory which is not the case with the research that is not coming from my institute. But, i wouldn't generalize that Chinese are less intelligent than Indians as you. You post reflect arrogance and nothing more.

Are u insane ? I checked the all ARE presented in IEEE conference and short communication. I think u doesn't hav any idea abt peer reviewed journal. go and study if u don't knw spare us.

You always like this or occasionally like this.

to be fair, in computer science, conference is more important than journals. you always publish your work in conference, then probably get more results and submit it to a journal.

not saying journal is not important, but I couldn't name many great papers for which the core idea got published on journals first. Theoretical computing can be totally different, but for most areas, conference > journal.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

I have reviewed many papers from Chinese universities and as far as i know there is no originality in those papers, most of them discuss about their experiences or the new application for existing theory which is not the case with the research that is not coming from my institute. But, i wouldn't generalize that Chinese are less intelligent than Indians as you. You post reflect arrogance and nothing more.

There is published research results showing the difference of national IQ: india 80, China ~105. Period.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom