What's new

India needs 18 submarines to deal with Pakistan, China

i don think so india can compete with china with even 18 subs..it will need atleast 50..
though 18 are enough for pakistan..where as 5 subs...
Pakistan already have 5 subs!!

P8I is surely a game changer along with aircraft carrier and mig 29

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

You don't have naval version of jf17

what capabilities makes air craft naval version

well if india has 100 subs still india will be jolted heavily in war with pakistan and india may be whole of south asia will parish

whats schedual of Indian subs retirement as many are due in coming years?
Any official confirmation for another disiel subs?

This is really a worse time for IN in terms of subs, almost all subs in IN cross their time line

Just pray for Scorpion program that it does not face any other delay and lets hope that another six will follow them soon

This is great game to sell the submarines to suck poor people money ! In this world i have observe one thing behind everything there is financial goals ! If we try to see than we would observe that millions of muslims are living in the indian and many hindus are also safely live in pakistan , so why we are in race of arms , we are serving as fool customers for other countries , and all this report is to make panic to sell submarines , Americans and Russians are rival but in ISS both astronauts are sitting together to guarding the intersts of each others !

India is prcuring abut 34 Mig 29k for naval role and harrier are going to retire soon.If 8 P8i are guarded by 2-4 mig then nearly all naval air arm is busy to protect them from JF-17 and leaving the rest of IN air craft carriers and ships all alone which is a serious gap unless IN make significant increase in naval arms which is not pssible in near future.:):cool:

Its 45 mig 29k, along with 40 NLCA mk2 (though these will probably come around 2016) as well as NMRCA - f35, rafale and sea typhoon already offered for INS Vishal ( 2018). more than enough to protect the P8i's.
Also we are inducting dedicated ASW corvettes - p28( Kamorta class) which will be followed by p28a. so on the ASW front we are doing pretty well.

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

This is great game to sell the submarines to suck poor people money ! In this world i have observe one thing behind everything there is financial goals ! If we try to see than we would observe that millions of muslims are living in the indian and many hindus are also safely live in pakistan , so why we are in race of arms , we are serving as fool customers for other countries , and all this report is to make panic to sell submarines , Americans and Russians are rival but in ISS both astronauts are sitting together to guarding the intersts of each others !

The main issue between India and Pakistan is not religious - though religion is used by politicians to inflame the people against each other. The issue is terrorism, Kashmir and to a small extent water.

India is prcuring abut 34 Mig 29k for naval role and harrier are going to retire soon.If 8 P8i are guarded by 2-4 mig then nearly all naval air arm is busy to protect them from JF-17 and leaving the rest of IN air craft carriers and ships all alone which is a serious gap unless IN make significant increase in naval arms which is not pssible in near future.:):cool:

is that JF-17's naval version or PAF.... AC consists surface to air missile and do you know what is CBG. An jet coming near to AC means, putting finger in hornet nest.

is that JF-17's naval version or PAF.... AC consists surface to air missile and do you know what is CBG. An jet coming near to AC means, putting finger in hornet nest.

JF-17 is being tested with RAAD ALCM,c-802A(180KM) and C-803(280 KM) etc... which will probably be operated by PAF under naval comand.

But the thing is tht ACs are not invincible... And PAF knows a few tricks... i remember WindJammer posting news n pics of PAF mirages surprising a USSR super carrier by launching missiles at it ..(Painting it RED) during a Pak-US naval drill..

I think India will need a lot more than 18 to deal with china alone

But the thing is tht ACs are not invincible... And PAF knows a few tricks... i remember WindJammer posting news n pics of PAF mirages surprising a USSR super carrier by launching missiles at it ..(Painting it RED) during a Pak-US naval drill..

it can occur only in case of war. where Almost PAF will be busy with IAF. our naval fleet is excluded from IAF. We don't need to send all P-8I to counter you sub's but 2 or 3 enough. Ground Radar station can detect incoming Jet. in case of war theater CBG will cover up with Jets in Air. Drill will be different from War theater.

This is just fanboy stuffs. In reality you will get evaporate.

The thing is IN is adding a hell of a muscle. almost 40USD investment have been passed by surely we are lacking in submarines because almost 4 years delay in scorpion acquisition which was basically due to absorption of technology by Indian shipyards. But by 2018 we will be having 6 scorpions along P8I

JF-17 is being tested with RAAD ALCM,c-802A(180KM) and C-803(280 KM) etc... which will probably be operated by PAF under naval comand.

Get your facts right , USSR never operated a super carrier.

This is just fanboy stuffs. In reality you will get evaporate.

Which one boss?
The thing is IN is adding a hell of a muscle. almost 40USD investment have been passed by surely we are lacking in submarines because almost 4 years delay in scorpion acquisition which was basically due to absorption of technology by Indian shipyards. But by 2018 we will be having 6 scorpions along P8I

Do you even understand what ur writting? how will ur shipyards do tht when they r not even building the scorpions?...

it can occur only in case of war. where Almost PAF will be busy with IAF. our naval fleet is excluded from IAF. We don't need to send all P-8I to counter you sub's but 2 or 3 enough. Ground Radar station can detect incoming Jet. in case of war theater CBG will cover up with Jets in Air. Drill will be different from War theater.

PAF will surely be busy... but PAF has 2 dedicated sqds for naval role... right now its being fulfilled by Mirage ROSEs... But in future JF-17 blk-I or II will replace it.... who know PN might gets its own naval jets...2 or 3 P-8s to hunt 11+ subs will be hell of a different tast dnt u think? considering PN also operates a upgraded PC-3 orions with Hawkeye 2000 radars.....About ground radars.. well doesnt it eliminate the advantages of both countries?

Drills are done to perfect tactics which could be used in war scenerios...

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

Get your facts right , USSR never operated a]super carrier.

Sorry my mistake.. I meant USS Abe or Abraham Lincoln!

Original post by Wind Jammer:

It may not be down everyone's ally, none the less the following makes an interesting read.

No8-Squadron-Succeeds-large.jpg

Flying a few feet above the Arabian Sea, the two Mirage pilots are impressed by the awesome silhouette of the nuclear-powered Abraham Lincoln as the carrier looms gradually above the sea curvature, dead on the nose. The mission: To penetrate successfully the Carrier Task Force's early warning and perimeter defences and, to deliver a simulated Exocet guided missile attack on "the world's largest warship". The memorable sortie was flown during "Inspired Alert" - a Pakistan-US joint exercise. O.C. No. 8 Squadron, strictly following the ground rules, planned and led a simultaneous multidirectional attack profile against CVN-72, in an attempt to overload its defence. As two of the three Mirage pairs turned away, the lead Mirage carried out a simulated Exocet "launch" from several miles away, without meeting any of the ship's fighters. The Squadron Commander and his wingman later did a friendly fly by at the carrier's side, perhaps just as surprised as the Lincoln's crews, at the missed interception.

Wing Commander Asim Suleiman Leader and O.C. No 8 Squadron
Flight Lieutenant Ahmed Hassan Wingman.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom