What's new

India offers 500MW of power at Rs 8 per unit

A.Rafay

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
NEW DELHI - India has offered to sell 500 megawatts (MW) of electricity to power-deficient Pakistan at around Rs 7 to Rs 8 per unit, to be delivered at the Wagah-Attari border.
“India has proposed a tariff of Rs 7-8 for a unit of power, which is almost similar to the electricity tariff prevalent in that country. Further discussions on tariff and technicalities on wheeling out power will be held soon,” a senior Indian Power Ministry official was quoted as saying by The Indian Telegraph.
On the Indian side, the Central Electricity Authority and Power Grid Corporation will be the nodal technical agencies, while Pakistan has assigned the job to National Transmission and Despatch Company and the chief engineering adviser.
Officials said there was a broad agreement that cross-border trading through HVDC (high voltage direct current) coupling “as is being done with Bangladesh”‘ could be considered to ensure the independent operation of both the grids.
Lahore has complete transmission lines and grids, which are near the grid in Punjab, so, it will be economical to transfer power through Amritsar, officials said.
The project will require 45 kms of 220kv transmission lines on both sides of the border, 25kms in India and 20kms in Pakistan.
Nisha Taneja, trade analyst with the Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, said, “Improved economic relations would infuse confidence among the two neighbours. The South Asian nations cannot be isolated to the globalisation process and economic integration among them is the need of the hour.”
According to analysts, the move to offer electricity to Pakistan was a
broader strategic initiative at a time India itself is facing power crunch.
India offers 500MW of power at Rs 8 per unit | Pakistan Today | Latest news | Breaking news | Pakistan News | World news | Business | Sport and Multimedia

Raja rental and zardari will reject the offer and increase the price of Electricity as a punishment to POP!

LOL yesterday we had 15 hr power shutdown here in my village in tamil nadu...the least we had this week was for 12 hr shutdown.... today its 11:32 AM as i type this and already for 5 hrs no power...any min. now they will shutdown again...so see you all again IF the power comes back...anyway pakistan is more important to new delhi than india itself so...:cheers:

7-8 rupees <<< is it Indian rupees or Pakistani.

as 8 pakistani rupees will be around 4.5 INR.

LOL yesterday we had 15 hr power shutdown here in my village in tamil nadu...the least we had this week was for 12 hr shutdown.... today its 11:32 AM as i type this and already for 5 hrs no power...any min. now they will shutdown again...so see you all again IF the power comes back...anyway pakistan is more important to new delhi than india itself so...:cheers:

You moron stop blaming central gov for incompetence of this ***** here.

You moron stop blaming central gov for incompetence of this ***** here.

Dai punda vera state la erunthu power privata vanginum kooda...grid transmissionla edum ellainu center solliduthci...2 contract ethu varikkum eppadi airukku...1) 500MW gujrathla erunthu vanginappa verum 235W matum than tamil nadu got ...the other contract was for 1100MW athula verum 85MW matum than center thanthuchi....en neyveli la erunthu pora power mukkavasi banglore tha povuthu ...atha divert panna vakku illa central governmantukku...center than intha power corridor vizathhai seyanum...unga appana vanthu seivan :lol: etha kooda theriama ne center gov. poola pooduchi attikkitu erukka :D.

Sari vidu tamil nada matha north indian state ellam power cutte illama odikittu irukka ? ennamo angaellam powere theva padahta mathiri poi pakistanikku vikkuthu :undecided:

We shouldn't be buying anything from the ENEMY.......
Buddy let me tell you one scenario. Pakistan is facing energy shortage. Hours of power outage affects entire economy. Even if you buy one day of electricity from the "enemy", you are actually investing it in development of your country.

There is a reason that Emotions are kept outside economics or international politics. Look at brighter side. India is offering you electricity even if it is having power shortage at some part of its own. So buying it will be putting some dent on Indian economy. In a way, you are using your money on bringing down this enemy's development, which is better than weapons you purchase that won't be used against that enemy in near future and less development of enemy means, less money for their own arsenal increase.

So tell me, don't you want to spend few dollars more to affect this "enemy" in detrimental way ? :D

Dude, have u even understood TRANSMISSION LOSSES ?

Electricity from a Rajasthan/Punjab/Gujrat Powerplant will die till reaching Tamil Nadu. If u were a Businessman what wud u have done ?

Its better to sell the access electricity to a low distance area rather than a long distance one irrespective of what country or state it is.

Also do understand, its official stance of GoI, A prosperous Pakistan is good for Indian Growth.

the day u will understand this, better will be Indian State.

Dai punda vera state la erunthu power privata vanginum kooda...grid transmissionla edum ellainu center solliduthci...2 contract ethu varikkum eppadi airukku...1) 500MW gujrathla erunthu vanginappa verum 235W matum than tamil nadu got ...the other contract was for 1100MW athula verum 85MW matum than center thanthuchi....en neyveli la erunthu pora power mukkavasi banglore tha povuthu ...atha divert panna vakku illa central governmantukku...center than intha power corridor vizathhai seyanum...unga appana vanthu seivan :lol: etha kooda theriama ne center gov. poola pooduchi attikkitu erukka :D.

Sari vidu tamil nada matha north indian state ellam power cutte illama odikittu irukka ? ennamo angaellam powere theva padahta mathiri poi pakistanikku vikkuthu :undecided:

Cool down bro. Nan malayaliyayalum eppo tamil nadil than erikundhanth. Enaku teriyum unga problem. But its impossible to transmit surplus power in central power grid till to south india!

No thanks. We don't want to be part of rental power...

I can understand. Any Pakistani politician will ever care bout what u think. U dont even cast vote hence ur say in any pakistani matter is so so irrelevant. :D :D

First come back to Pakistan and live in current conditions and then blabber.

We will eat grass but will not lose our self respect by begging for electricity from the enemy. Hum ghaas kha ke khud bijali bana lenge.

BTW elections are near in 2013 so MMS must provide bijali free of charge to his separate electorate.

Back
Top Bottom