What's new

India offers Pakistan 5,000MW electricity

1. India is world's largest producer of Milk still we are one of the largest importer of milk and still............ India export milk. :woot:

2. India imports crude oil from Saudi Arabia, Iran, Venezuela, Nigeria................... still India export oil to Iran and USA :woot:

Evil yindoo baniya.......have many ways to make money....... ;) :rofl: :rofl:

Mate we all should keep those reasons as our signature , so many members don't have to post for it again and again .... for them degrading India is more important then seeing their country happy ...

lol I am not disbelieving in this news as I know Pakistan has shown interest of importing electricity from India. But the source you shared from the pakpassion website is also "apparently" an indian source (asianage.com)
Here you go .. some of them are couple of months old but relevant..

Pakistan to import 500 MW electricity from India
Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan
Pakistan may import Indian electricity - thenews.com.pk
Gilani gives go-ahead for electricity import from India | Newspaper | DAWN.COM

I still don't understand what is issue with some of Pakistani members if they import electricity from India on temporary basis..
Iran don't have huge install capacity and trade with Iran is difficult... Tajikistan is long shot .. India is only best possible option .. what we need is couple of hundred km of transmission lines and done ... once can finish this in 2-3 months..

Here you go .. some of them are couple of months old but relevant..

Pakistan to import 500 MW electricity from India
Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan
Pakistan may import Indian electricity - thenews.com.pk
Gilani gives go-ahead for electricity import from India | Newspaper | DAWN.COM

I still don't understand what is issue with some of Pakistani members if they import electricity from India on temporary basis..
Iran don't have huge install capacity and trade with Iran is difficult... Tajikistan is long shot .. India is only best possible option .. what we need is couple of hundred km of transmission lines and done ... once can finish this in 2-3 months..

Well Pakistan has less issues of importing electricity from India... India has to suffer from most criticism by its public.

The ideal country for importing cheap electricity would remain Iran. But if you want the electricity to be imported in Pakistani side of Punjab or parts of Sindh bordering India... then the ideal country to import electricity would be India as long as the tariff is acceptable.

Although this one is a welcome move from MMS...But i donot think this treaty will materalise because of hawks from both the nations...Anyway MMS/Congress is doing all the lovely gesture to Pakistan because Congress is getting feeler about midterm lok sabha electon and it is preparing itself to get the Muslim votes...

It requires around 1 to 1.5 billion dollars to produce 1000 MW of electricity and takes 2-3 years if it’s a Greenfield project…So, to produce 5000 MW, Pak would need around 7 billion dollars and the power would be available only after 7 to 10 years since they don’t have the supporting industrial infrastructure and on par technological knowhow in power sector..

So, if we summarize what has been offered to Pak is, an economic package of not less than 10 billion US dollars!!!….the deal on table is so lucrative, now its Pak to decide if they want to get along…

For India, it’s an investment to secure a peace deal with its neighbor with whom it has shared some real golden historical moments and culture..

Good gesture but are we power surplus nation??? No, we are not even close to it. 500MW is fine but 5000MW will be cheating to all those who have to suffer due to long power cuts.

Most parts of India are facing huge power outages, why would they offer electricity to Pakistan when they can't fulfill their own needs?

Exactly, our requirement comes first, we need max. Hours electricity in this pricling summer.

Good gesture but are we power surplus nation??? No, we are not even close to it. 500MW is fine but 5000MW will be cheating to all those who have to suffer due to long power cuts.

Dude, there are so many power plants under construction out there in India that will make it a power surplus country in coming years.....It will be like a telecom sector, chose your provider based on your preferences…we have done it in petroleum, telecom, banking and now it’s a turn of power sector..I still remember, we used to pay high landline bills to BSNL decades ago and now today, I can talk almost unlimited for a year for the month of rent I used to pay to BSNL…

Same with Banking and Refineries, we have the surplus capacity…so let’s keep our fingers crossed…

Well Pakistan has less issues of importing electricity from India... India has to suffer from most criticism by its public.

The ideal country for importing cheap electricity would remain Iran. But if you want the electricity to be imported in Pakistani side of Punjab or parts of Sindh bordering India... then the ideal country to import electricity would be India as long as the tariff is acceptable.

Spot on .. public backslash can controlled by wise media and politicians .. bcos they are one who creates them and we follow... for Pakistan major industries and population centers are near India border than Iran .. so go ahead with India .. sense prevails on both side

WTF ... Kerala starts load shedding coming Monday..half hour during day and half hour during night.

looks like mr modi has a customer in pakistan for his 4000MW surplus. where are they going to add remaining 1000MW from??

Back
Top Bottom