India Pakistan Economic Unification

Pakistan and India should move toward economic unification

• Yes

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You know what ,it will happen eventually but it will take a lot of time . Many many years , but it will happen.

Not Possible For Now ..... Need to Build TRUST - which lacks

The realtions Between the 2 countries Are Worse

But a good Idea - I always Wish India + Pakistan + bangladesh would be unified again ... but Thats my personal opnion

Not Possible For Now ..... Need to Build TRUST - which lacks

The realtions Between the 2 countries Are Worse

But a good Idea - I always Wish India + Pakistan + bangladesh would be unified again ... but Thats my personal opnion

You gonna get lots spanking from few members for saying these.. just wait for the brigade to come. :agree::agree:

This guy too
down_arrow_clipart.jpg
:agree::agree:

This can only be done, if Pakistanis leave India Kashmir.

The UN, has equally gave land to both nation and Pakistan should accept this.

Varghese said:
Not just Pakistan and India, but all of S. Asia. It would bring millions and millions out of poverty in Pakistan, India, Bangla, Nepal, Sri Lanka, etc.

SAFTA is already underway, I read a recent article (2010) that a major milestone has been reached

from Wiki
SAFTA requires the developing countries in South Asia, that is, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, to bring their duties down to 20 percent in the first phase of the two year period ending in 2007. In the final five year phase ending 2012, the 20 percent duty will be reduced to zero in a series of annual cuts. The least developed nations in South Asia consisting of Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Maldives have an additional three years to reduce tariffs to zero.
However :
India and Pakistan have signed but not ratified the treaty.

Let's get real...Pakistan hasn't given us even MFN satus (which is compulsory as per WTO), it's always Kashmir Kashmir Kashmir :blah:

A day will come when the rest of South Asia is economically integrated and Pakistan left far behind....

Not needed, will not benefit India in any way, there are way to many differences between us. The European Union is barely managing to hold on, economic unification is not a viable solution in the modern world. We should just increase co-operation and work around that.

Not needed, will not benefit India in any way, there are way to many differences between us. The European Union is barely managing to hold on, economic unification is not a viable solution in the modern world. We should just increase co-operation and work around that.

Just what i already said.. Great minds think alike. :cheers:

desiman said:
he European Union is barely managing to hold on

EU is overkill (common currency, free movement of people :blah:)

Take the example of ASEAN, it's been insanely successful

Last edited:
Indian and Pakistanis have long historical and culture relationship, I think they should move towards the unification of their economy and resolve their regional disputes .We have successful example of EU.

EU model cannot be applicable to SE Asian region until the countries are at peace and their economies are stable and strong. The only reason the EU economies were able to operate within a single union is because all had similar levels of development and economic stability.

I see no point in unifying the economy until all the countries in the region achieve a stable economy. Another thing that can be tried is to achieve free and transparent trade. This would help test out the suitability of unifying the economy at a later stage if conditions are right. Otherwise we will keep on blaming each other and push the whole economically backward a few decades.

India doesnt need Pakistan support, and hasnt for last 50 years.

We are a growing economy and have good economic cooperation, with EU, China and USA and more.

This can only be done, if Pakistanis leave India Kashmir.

The UN, has equally gave land to both nation and Pakistan should accept this.

(off-topic)

but it seems its the Kashmiris asking the indians to leave

http://thewe.cc/thewe_/images_5/____/kashmir/go-india-go-back.jpe

http://photogallery.sandesh.com/cms/uploadimages/Kashmir-Go-India-go-back/11092010_211350156.jpg

http://kashkin.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/kashmir-go-india-back-we-want-freedom.jpg?w=512&h=353

:what:

Well i dont think if it is about what i think or not,but actually is it possible or not,and the answer is no

I dont want to excessively flatter Indo-Pak relation,just want to say the truth

Both of the nationals hate each other mentally,even that is visible in many of the threads here,so much song after the friendship and aaman ki aasha this is the reality

Such unification is not possible in midst of such hatred and mistrust

And by the way,I support such unification,not only with Pakistan but with the greater Asia,but never seem possible,the entire Asia is hostile with each other

Abu Zolfiqar said:
it has; but with your trade deficit against China, which I believe signed an FTA under ASEAN -- seems China is bearing most of the fruit

China is not part of the ASEAN, not has it signed an FTA with it (talks are underway for both India and China though)

Back
Top Bottom