What's new

India readies cyber army to hack into hostile nations' computer systems

You know, We've been getting cyber attacks from you and Chinese without we having done anything in first place in cyber warfare. So any form of retaliation will be replied back in much more rapid attacks and cleaning off of critical data.

If there are any attacks, our hackers are capable of dealing and retaliating against them. For once our government has finally woken up to realize the threat from neighbourhood.

Tshering i live in mumbai our community is well capable to launch attack . But Tshering we are in initial satage in contrast western countries invest money to R&D for non traditional exploitations. CIA has capability to break codes etc

I read this news and i said .....ok..:)...

Tomorrow UPSC is going to announce job openings in Times of India saying we need professional hackers...haha...

Hackers Break Into 20 Bangladeshi District Websites, Threaten Cyber War

Hackers Break Into 20 Bangladeshi District Websites, Threaten Cyber War | TheTechJournal.com

Hackers purporting to be from India hacked into twenty of the sixty four district web portals of Bangladesh yesterday (March 20) and posted an image and some threatening messages. The image shown below was posted, which reads “28 different state, 28 different languages but one word JAI HIND!” The web sites were being operated out of the office of the Prime Minister of Bangladesh.

A message below the image read: “Secure border between India and Bangladesh. If any terrorist send by Pakistan come via Bangladesh route then I will danger to YOU Cyber War will be started. These is demo We don’t want 26/11 in India GOVERNMENT LOOK AT IT ELSE CYBER WAR WILL START…. WE ROOTED AND **** YOUR ISP.”

Lt Col Ziaul Ahsan, chief of law enforcement agency RAB’s Intelligence Division, professed ignorance of the attack even 12 hours after the incident had occurred.

The web sites provided information and related links for each of Bangladesh’s 64 districts, and was maintained by the Prime Minister’s Office. The government has said it is preparing web portals for the country’s 469 sub-districts in the near future.

Saturday’s incident illustrates the poor state of cybersecurity in Bangladesh, with many authorities in charge of the web sites revealing that they only learned of the attack after reading about it in the news.
Almost all of the sites broken into have been repaired by now.
Meanwhile, the hackers may have been referring to a number of recent arrests in Bangladesh of operatives of Pakistan-based militant organizations, which have been blamed for terrorist attacks in India, and have reportedly operated or recruited members from Bangladesh.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Out of 1 billion Indian hackers only one felt guilty of hacking :

Indian hacker turns cyber cop
BBC News | SOUTH ASIA | Indian hacker turns cyber cop

The clock had just struck midnight when users logged onto a popular chat site noticed a rather short message flashing up on their monitors: "DOS attack".

To the majority, it may not have meant much, but to 16-year-old Ankit Fadia sitting in front of his PC in the Indian capital Delhi it was a "Denial of Service" attack - someone somewhere was trying to hack into a website.

Within seconds, he had managed to track the location of the sender - from somewhere in Pakistan. Minutes later he had also found the target of attack - the website of a top Indian firm.

They were soon alerted and a major hack was averted.

Early start

Ankit Fadia is one of the many "ethical hackers" now employed by businesses all over the world to protect against such attacks.

"It was my first anti-hacking operation and it was successful," says Ankit, who was only 10 days into a job as an intelligence consultant with a US Government agency when he saved this website.

He refuses to divulge the name of the agency he is employed by or the firm whose website he saved for security reasons.

At 14, Ankit defaced the front page of an Indian magazine and sent an e-mail to the editor confessing to the hack and suggesting counter measures.

He wrote a book on "ethical hacking" at the age of 15, becoming the youngest ever author to be published by Macmillan India.

"The term hacking leaves a negative impact on people," he says.

"In reality, hackers are actually good, pleasant and extremely intelligent people who could keep computer criminals on the run.''

India catches up

Employing ethical hackers to protect against malicious ones has become common practice in the US, but has only recently caught on in India.

It only really got going when the Reserve Bank of India directed its banks to use "ethical hackers" last year, according to Pavan Duggal, President of Cyberlaw.net, a law firm with expertise in cyber laws.

"It was done after several Pakistan-based hackers launched some sort of cyber war against India and the sites belonging to the Ministry of External Affairs and the Atomic Energy Research Board were hacked," says Mr Duggal.

However, there is still no organised body to guard against such practice.

"We don't have a strong legal regime to protect against such violations," says Pavan Duggal.

As for Ankit Fadia, Pavan Duggal says he is now so well known in the net community, that there are even some in the corporate world who fear his success might encourage others to turn to hacking.

There were frail attempts by the Indian Government to recruit some
hackers to try and break into important Pakistani sites :

Are Indian Hackers Any Good?
Are Indian Hackers Any Good? | OPEN Magazine

In light of the Chinese hacking into the Indian Government’s computers, a look at why India has not been able to raise its own army of lethal hackers.

I imagine there is a pub in China where there is a giant screen that plays visuals of Indians saying the many things that only Indians say, and I imagine Chinese men all around rolling on the floor with laughter. What else can they do when we say things like, “Indian Chinese food is superior to Chinese Chinese”? It seems they now have a deeper reason to laugh when you consider the latest reports that say computers in China have hacked into the systems of the Indian Defence Ministry and of our consulates in several nations, compromising information on weapons, diplomacy, Naxalites and even the poor Dalai Lama. This exposes our digital naiveté. And that is very amusing, really.

One of our favorite national delusions is that in a South Indian city which is occasionally run by peasants, a town that does not have adequate power supply or roads, there resides a beast called the Software Giant. We imagine that our success as a cheap labourer who fixes and manages the innovations of others is a prelude to our eventual standing as a high-end software power. There is even a view that China’s goal of becoming the factory of the world is a blue-collared aspiration compared to our destiny as a cerebral force.

But the truth is, as in almost every sphere of Indian life, the cream of the truly gifted is very thin; beneath the top layer is a huge mass of plodders who cannot escape their own mediocrity because they are not groomed by an efficient system. Security observers tell me that this is the reason why India has not been able to raise an army of hackers even though outfits like the National Technical Research Organisation (a late child of the Research & Analysis Wing) have been trying hard to achieve that. There are not that many people with extraordinary skills, and there are no meaningful processes in place to groom the ordinary. “Also, there is in-fighting and mistrust among various intelligence wings,” a security expert says. On the other hand, the increasing sophistication of Chinese hackers points to an efficient and well-funded system there that identifies and trains serious talent.

A hacker is usually a brilliant programmer who can dismantle the elaborate and sophisticated defences of computer networks. A few years ago I interviewed several Indian hackers. Most of them were boys who at that time were too young to get married or vote, though they were not very interested in either. All of them had parallel lives, names and fame online, they could spend days on their computers, and they shared a mild hatred for one Ankit Fadia who they said knew nothing. I asked one of them, “Are you guys good, are Indian hackers any good?” A few hours after my story on Indian hackers appeared, I got a call from him asking me to check the online version of the story on the magazine’s website. Holding his call, I checked. The story had a rating of 12 stars out of a maximum of 10 stars. He said, “I can make it 20 out of ten if you want.”

I presume the stunt was his answer to my question if Indian hackers were any good. Some of them routinely hacked into gaming websites to win prizes like bicycles, or they made nice-looking girls scream in the middle of the night by making their CD drives open and close in a paranormal way. But for such cuteness, Indian hackers were never really considered a force by other hackers. That was because, they told me, they were not a single monolithic group; also they didn’t want to do any harm. They simply legalised their talent by becoming corporate security consultants and made a lot of money while they were still very young.

There were frail attempts by the Indian Government to recruit some of them. A 24-year-old boy was approached by someone claiming to be from ‘The Defence’. “He wanted me to set up cells of hackers who would try and break into important Pakistani sites. But finally when I told him that it will cost a few lakh, he said he will sanction Rs 5,000 first and send the rest in installments.” (There is no evidence to suggest that the caller was indeed from the Government.)

Today, I am told, there are several Indian hackers working for the Government, but they are still not an organised force. They await a system with efficient methods and clear goals, like most of us in our own worlds.

Boasting about a cyber crime :P

anyway on a serious note why Indians were than crying about Chinese Cyber activities and calling it illegal when bhartis are supporting same crimes for themselves

Tshering i live in mumbai our community is well capable to launch attack . But Tshering we are in initial satage in contrast western countries invest money to R&D for non traditional exploitations. CIA has capability to break codes etc

:woot: So Indians are going to use this Western countries' money on hacking rivals' computers

:woot: So Indians are going to use this Western countries' money on hacking rivals' computers

But India will fail miserably....

anyway on a serious note why Indians were than crying about Chinese Cyber activities and calling it illegal when bhartis are supporting same crimes for themselves

I know. Indians think they have the God's given right to hack other country's computers while others are forbidden to do the same to them.

I know. Indians think they have the God's given right to hack other country's computers while others are forbidden to do the same to them.

:P dont be too emotional. They are good at IT

Ohh yeah.. Indians are so pathetic at hacking...:toast_sign:

r401093_1883378.jpg

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...nts-hack-into-australi-air-force-website.html

Nice Move.. Cyber Cold Start :yahoo:

We have One of the Best talent frm IT Company and can create havoc in enemy's cyber space if we want.. Good Move :cheers:

Defacing websites is the lamest thing that can be done. Its not hacking at all.

Ontopic, I hope they work on improving cyber security of Indian government agencies at first. They are in shambles and these teams would probably be used to hack themselves to find out all the holes before foreign governments find them.

Yeah we have realised that crying it's illegal wont help us much,be it cyber attacks or real terrorism.

Typical reply as the post quoted was of a Pakistani.I don't think i will feel any threat from this nor do i care but this is shameful.I know for a fact that China hacked into Pentagon several times much less Indian Security System which would be inferior to Pentagon Security.Heck even Pakistani Hackers hacked your Indian Army officer PC so its no big deal for us but cyber space should be kept clean from all type of hackers - Indian Pakistani or any other.Pakistan has also cracked down hard on crackers if you are following the news and see the thread about hacking on this forum plenty of members are against it.

so u know that Pakistani's did the hacking on Indian army's PC,now why r u not condeming it now,why r u boasting it,why is that ethics and rule's r different for different nations,or ur explanation is that u being a muslim nation is granted the power by allah and Indian's r denied it because it is a secular nation,now hacking become unethical to u because India is going to b involved in it

what a hypocrisy,half u of nation was clapping and laughing when report indicated that Chinese hackers made the intrusion into Indian system's,now why is ur * burning,just because we r going to give a payback

go and take a brake loser,the world acknowledge our IT professional's
hacking and destroying Pakistani's cyber assets will b just like a walk in the park for them

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom