What's new

India readies cyber army to hack into hostile nations' computer systems

:woot: So Indians are going to use this Western countries' money on hacking rivals' computers

You got is wrong. There are different types of exploitations

a) Script kiddy these rum automated tools to launch attack

2) People who can launch precise attack with knowledge of web application exploitation and can form their own tools inperl and python and can use ruby languages in metasploit

3) people who launch 0 day attack these take investment and R&D suppose if you want to break 3DES encryptioin etc you need huge investment.

We can go up to level 2 but level 3 needs government support and planned approach at higher level

hope you got it:azn:

US have that power they spend huge sum in R&D we all are using 90% of internet protocol(my assumtion :) ) made in US varsities and in western country in fact TCP/IP was made for US DEFENCE project but later used as publicly ,So they invest in developing new means of securing assets,new protocols,new computing methodology,etc being under reasearch in their labs.Later they patent it and earn huge sum of money.Indians contribute lots in these developments along with chinese .
So sad we have to pay to use their protocols.

A very late step but in right direction.

Govt. should not do it just for formality or token but we should hire lakhs of hackers for deterrence.

India should also develop big weather army as china have develop so that we can also manipulate rain or snow at the times of war that will be a big weapon altogether.

Unexpected heavy rain or heavy snowfall will be great to tackle the enemy or dilute their advantages.
:flame:

A very late step but in right direction.

Govt. should not do it just for formality or token but we should hire lakhs of hackers for deterrence.

India should also develop big weather army as china have develop so that we can also manipulate rain or snow at the times of war that will be a big weapon altogether.

Unexpected heavy rain or heavy snowfall will be great to tackle the enemy or dilute their advantages.
:flame:
It should be like hiring expert college talent in the field of hacking. Who knows how many of them are superbly talented young hackers. Making it more random will make it difficult to track down.

Cyber security is beyond just information security. Cyber security means the security of the entire control systems in a given sector for example the electricity grid or radar communications grid. SCADA applications typically are at the heart of all these systems. Most of these systems are legacy systems and dont work on IP. Proprietary control protocols like MODBUS , DNP are used. Control feedback Communication is typically over serial interfaces coupled to twisted pair , optical SONETS ,frame relays and ATMs. With the movement towards Smarter Grids, SCADA protocols are being increasingly tunneled over IP. Do vulnerabilities exist in these systems? Yes. But the knowledge and tools needed to exploit those are not very public.

The US ofcourse is a master at this as major control systems , PLC, RTU manufacturers are American eg. Johnson controls, GE. Siemens is a major non-US manufacturer. In India L&T, IMT etc are in this business.

Preceding the F117s and F15s bombing runs on Iraq , cyber attacks were launched on the Iraqi power and communications grids. Most of that grid was paralyzed and crippled even before the first smart bombs rained down and destroyed them.

The Indian Army has had a cyber security wing as part of the Signals Corp for many years now. The Indian Navy for example chose to develop its own secure encrypted communications and PKI infrastructure from the ground up and this was in the early 80s.

A good place to start looking at cyber security would be NIST CIP standards.For the script kiddies/noobs open source tools like Nessus have a SCADA plugin.

this is really retarded.... why the hell are they advertising about our cyber crime capabilities??our retarded journalist cant keep any thing in their stomach...

with the third party s/w its almost a cake walk to make forced entry in a network for a novice .i tried it & got into my university's secured WiFi n/w although my intention was to test its security ,but they suspended me for a week . suckers ,i was punished to expose there week n/w security even though i told them i was "white hat".

Indian hackers are still to make their claim to fame. The cyberspace mafia is still dominationed by these in descending order. (biggest to smallest)

1. Russia
2. Chinese
3. Eastern Europe
4. Northern Europe
5. Canada

Indian hackers are still to make their claim to fame. The cyberspace mafia is still dominationed by these in descending order. (biggest to smallest)

1. Russia
2. Chinese
3. Eastern Europe
4. Northern Europe
5. Canada

Sorry no sort of competition or famegame we r into.....jst to safeguard our cyberspace..... dats it :cheers:

First of all comparison cannot be made , Information security is huge it has many branches and research can be done on each and every aspects it goes beyond site deformation.

Vulnerability and penetration testing is done by banking and finance industries etc.So this should not be taken as surprise only way to judge your security is to run vulnerability assessment tools and later exploiting it. So if they are doing that this is not new. I am also into same feild.this is not hacking . Great Hackers comes with 0day attack:woot:

India has no write to claim being an IT Superpower before successful Hacking in hostile countries servers as well as producing a credible local Branded software which is being used people world-over.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom