What's new

India refuses visa to Musharraf

Sir our government and officials havent ask for any neither Musharraf

My question is why people from Pakistan are in danger in India when Indians are not in Pakistan?

You can say even Pakistanis are in danger in Pakistan, but that is a different issue.

It's ok I guess it totally depends on the receiving country to accept or deny visa's. Bruce willis was denied visa.. Likewise many Indian poititians have been denied visas. But one cannot question why..

Let Musharraf regain his position as president of Pakistan or some diplomat then we"ll give him a Visa.

Personally,i"ve no intention of welcoming a person responsible for 527 Indian soldiers deaths,merely for personal gains.

Last edited:
I have no issue with your denying visa to anyone thats your country and right i am interested in the reasons which Indian govt gave for denying the visa to him that too for a conference..
may be this will answer your above question..

NEW DELHI: Former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf, who wanted to visit India for attending a seminar this weekend, was today denied visa.

The decision was taken after the Home Ministry expressed reservations over the visit of the former Pakistani military ruler due to his recent anti-India statements, official sources said.

Besides, the government also did not want convergence of elements opposed to the present regime in Pakistan on Indian soil for their activities

Some of Musharraf's supporters had also applied to the Indian High Commission in Islamabad for a visa to visit India around the time he was planning to travel here and the three other metros, the sources said.

Musharraf had been invited to attend a seminar hosted by the Young Presidents Organisation, an international outfit involving influential business leaders. The conference was scheduled to be held in Delhi on Saturday.
The former Pakistan president was among the guest speakers at the event.

Musharraf, currently living in self-exile in Britain, had recently said that India was responsible for creating unrest in Pakistan's south-western Baluchistan province and authorities have "solid evidence" in this regard.

He claimed that the involvement of India and Afghanistan in Baluchistan was creating unrest in the province. He was also the key architect of the Kargil war.

Almost a decade ago, Musharraf had visited India for the Agra summit and made two more visits in 2005 and 2009. In 2005, he visited India as President for watching an Indo-Pak one day cricket match and in 2009 to attend a media event after shedding power.

Read more: India denies visa to Pervez Musharraf - The Times of India India denies visa to Pervez Musharraf - The Times of India

As far as Indian Muslims are concerned Musharraf's statement deosnt make any wedge. The wedge is already evident. So lets this thing out of this discussion.

You'r entitled to your openion.. if that is the only way you want to imagine the things & if it serves your purpose.. upto you. But that's not necessarily the reality on the ground!!

Last edited:
Why does he want to visit India? Looks like mushy's supporters on this forum are greatly irritated ...:D..He must have finally thought of a better answer to give to Indian muslims...

I only see a hidden agenda in his travel. He must either be trying to score some points with Pakistanis from making up something in India or he is missing Veena Malik terribly!

Freedom of speech has really gone to the gutters in India, now the former leader of an enemy nation also can't be anti-India in his words. Real cry babies in India's home ministry.

India denies visa to Pervez Musharraf - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: Former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf, who wanted to visit India for attending a seminar this weekend, was today denied visa.

The decision was taken after the Home Ministry expressed reservations over the visit of the former Pakistani military ruler due to his recent anti-India statements, official sources said.

Besides, the government also did not want convergence of elements opposed to the present regime in Pakistan on Indian soil for their activities.

Some of Musharraf's supporters had also applied to the Indian High Commission in Islamabad for a visa to visit India around the time he was planning to travel here and the three other metros, the sources said.

Musharraf had been invited to attend a seminar hosted by the Young Presidents Organisation, an international outfit involving influential business leaders. The conference was scheduled to be held in Delhi on Saturday.

The former Pakistan president was among the guest speakers at the event.

Musharraf, currently living in self-exile in Britain, had recently said that India was responsible for creating unrest in Pakistan's south-western Baluchistan province and authorities have "solid evidence" in this regard.

He claimed that the involvement of India and Afghanistan in Baluchistan was creating unrest in the province. He was also the key architect of the Kargil war.

Almost a decade ago, Musharraf had visited India for the Agra summit and made two more visits in 2005 and 2009. In 2005, he visited India as President for watching an Indo-Pak one day cricket match and in 2009 to attend a media event after shedding power.

Read more: India denies visa to Pervez Musharraf - The Times of India India denies visa to Pervez Musharraf - The Times of India

Why does he want to visit India? Looks like mushy's supporters on this forum are greatly irritated ...:D..He must have finally thought of a better answer to give to Indian muslims...

I only see a hidden agenda in his travel. He must either be trying to score some points with Pakistanis from making up something in India or he is missing Veena Malik terribly!
You mean India was losing points by his visit? If that is the case you're agreeing that India wimped out of Mushy's visit.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Let Musharraf regain his position as president of Pakistan or some diplomat then we"ll give him a Visa.

Personally,i"ve no intention of welcoming a person responsible for 527 Indian soldiers deaths,merely for personal gains.
Why don't you arrest him and try him then?

Freedom of speech has really gone to the gutters in India, now the former leader of an enemy nation also can't be anti-India in his words. Real cry babies in India's home ministry.

India denies visa to Pervez Musharraf - The Times of India

Freedom of speech gone gutters ? Well he can deliver the same even in Pakistan but can he? Who know GOP may have been consulted.

The reason cited for visa denial is security reasons lets hear what GOP's reaction is.

Whats the big-deal about this? We didn't like the guy's statements and we don't want him in our country. Trust me more than the visa denial its the loss of appearance money that the General is going to be worried about.

My question is why people from Pakistan are in danger in India when Indians are not in Pakistan?

You can say even Pakistanis are in danger in Pakistan, but that is a different issue.

I don't think this has even remote connection to Musharraf's visa denial.

You mean India was losing points by his visit? If that is the case you're agreeing that India wimped out of Mushy's visit.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

India will not lose anything from a leader like him. I was only guessing the possible reasons of his proposed travel. The main reason seems unconvincing and seems like he was either invited in the last minute or has some other agenda in his plan that was not disclosed!

Why have confrontations which have no tangible outcome, even if they are verbal. Its just like recently an Indian General was denied visa to China due to political reasons, India has denied visa to Musharraf.. Big deal. He is no longer important in the current scheme of things. In future, if he does become important, the approach may change..

In my view a total cr@ppy and non issue..

Good news... stop this "Man coming to India becoz he is not Man of words"

He is now outdated, full lies and create confusion in in both country relationship just for his personal gain

last time when he came to india ,he also named RAW etc in his speech.it's amazing that he was not given visa this time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom