What's new

India Replaces China as Next Big Frontier for U.S. Tech Companies

You are right. Google, Amazon and Facebook have no market in China. So they never looked at Chinese market the way they are looking at Indian markets now

They are never invited in China. And Amazon has stiff competition here.

Where to invest outside China is their own choice.

They are looking at Indian market like they look at any other sub-Saharan markets.

Last edited:
They are never invited in China.

Where to invest outside China is their own choice.

They are looking at Indian market like they look at any other sub-Saharan markets.

:lol: burning.?

You are right. Google, Amazon and Facebook have no market in China. So they never looked at Chinese market the way they are looking at Indian markets now

Well, that actually is good thing for Chinese internet startups. Had they dominated Chinese market, there would not have been Alibaba, Tencent, Baidu, Weibo, etc. One thing I have always wondering, as the IT Super Power, is there any Indian Tech companies that are in dominant market position in India? If not, this news is really not as bright as the title suggested.

This us tech companies want to exploit the Chinese, good thing China showed the middle finger.
Now they find a new victim india, poor indians about to be exploited. :lol:

Nay, they are not going to make much out India. India's eCommerce size is only about 2.4% of China's. They will eliminate India's own opportunities though.

China is so Yesterday.

By the way the source is NY Times and not TOI.

Hopefully there will be a surge in the emergence of high tech Indian start ups.

I have never seen so much startup activity in India ever. I guess the success of Flipkart was the biggest catalyst for young people to take entrepreneurship as a career.

So... have you figured out indoor plumbing already?

US companies are always looking to expand overseas, but China's tech industries is already fiercely competitive with own local competitors, US companies would not able to get a foothold in this market. Comparing Google back in 2010 they were decided to leave, they had less than 10% of the Chinese market in search engine usage, even less than Yahoo at one point. I don't see things improving much for them now that they've decided to return.

Indian market was always going to be attractive for them because of the number of people, even if they don't make profit for many years they are here to secure their first move advantage, the bad thing is India's own tech firms will suffer greatly, because they are simply will not be able to compete against the giants once they establish their foothold.

This us tech companies want to exploit the Chinese, good thing China showed the middle finger.

US and other western companies are there to help Indians, not exploit them... I'm sure that Indians welcome more US investments.

Well both India and China has different approach, China may look more eccentric but then its focus is development of internal organizations because its internal market is much bigger then some of the english speaking market, thus this will give an good breding space for its companies to scale to size which western compaines grow by penetrating many markets. Thus is able to build biggies as well as control internet.

Where as India has no such focus, its open for all and allows everyone to access it market, thus we dont see many domestically built companies which could compete likes of facebook or google in local market. We are more happy to have them and use them and grow upon them to make them more india centeric company in longer run.

US has been the tech center from last few decades, but now china has catched up a lot and will keep adding upon it, sooner or later they would be very much free from US dependence for technologies thus if there is a shift, then its more positive for china then for US.

Nay, they are not going to make much out India. India's eCommerce size is only about 2.4% of China's. They will eliminate India's own opportunities though.

India is a huge market of 1.3 billion people with internet access growing in double digit figures.

I see the market of just 2.4% of China for a country that is as large as China as a huge potential. As on Amazon taking on local startups, it is not that easy. Competition has its own dynamics. Till date Amazon could not beat the local startup FlipKart. I think there is enough space for everyone.

Well, that actually is good thing for Chinese internet startups. Had they dominated Chinese market, there would not have been Alibaba, Tencent, Baidu, Weibo, etc. One thing I have always wondering, as the IT Super Power, is there any Indian Tech companies that are in dominant market position in India? If not, this news is really not as bright as the title suggested.

Tecent first time i a hearing the name.The chinese company dominate the chinese because you suppress any other mnc companies to do business in china.By the way all these companies dominate in chinese market only and that shows its non relevance compared to US tech companies in world stage.

Ya ya just like boeing and airbus exploiting poor chinese

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom