What's new

India, Russia sign pact for Smerch rockets

My friend, I know the mechanisms and roles of both MBRLs and cruise missiles.

My point is that when we are capable of designing and developing strategic weapons that have a deterrence factor, why the hell are we importing MBRLs which are nothing but advanced artillery?

In fact, we have even made our own MBRL of short range.. why can't DRDO or L&T simply extend its range?

That is now a work in progress, and one will see the results. A weapon system takes time from design to induction, the longest time is taken for validation which depends completely on user-trial reports. In the mean-while the Smerch is available off the shelf.

My point is that when we are capable of designing and developing strategic weapons that have a deterrence factor, why the hell are we importing MBRLs which are nothing but advanced artillery?

In fact, we have even made our own MBRL of short range.. why can't DRDO or L&T simply extend its range?

I am also saying the same thing.

Because PINAKA is unguided. SMERCH can work as tactical ballestic missile.

But when we are developing PINAKA-2(120 km guided) than what we will do with SMERCH????:what::what::what::what::wh

The MOU is for liscence production of 300 mm Smersch Rockets
our current stockpile of 8000-10000 Rockets wont last a week incase of conflict with a larger foe
also there were a few reports that India might be looking to acquire a 3rd Smersch Regiment comprising 28-34 units and it could well be 9A52-4 Tornado Smersch

after this agreement OFB will establish a facility to manufacture 5000 Rockets a year , up from 1000-1500 a yr which are imported from Russia

Well it takes Time
For instance Pinaka I was only validated by army in Yr 1998 after 14 yrs of development and currently they have like 80-100 of them across 2 Regiments and they have another 3 Regiments on order
Pinaka saw service during the Kargil War, where it was successful in neutralizing enemy positions on the mountain tops.
But it range of 40 Km was considered deficient Hence after the war Army ordered Smersch MRBL in two batches to deal with this Short Fall.

Development of 120 Km Range Pinaka 2 with 300mm Rockets only Began in 2007 , and it is expected to enter service by 2017
During that time increasing the stockpile of Smersch from 62 to 90 and our stock of 300 mm rockets from 8000 to 25000 is a valid option

ToT for Smerch rockets! That was something I was waiting for a long time! We should make the entire system @ home.

2ni4376.jpg

Goron ne pahle directly loota, ab indirectly loot rahe hain. India can never be a super power until these dalals live among us. I am waiting for the day when the title will read

"now bullets for AK47 made in India: Rosoboronexport transfers technology for making AK47 bullets to OFB"

Back
Top Bottom