What's new

India’s DTH Selling In Bangladesh illegally (Tata Sky Reliance & Airtel TV)

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score
India’s DTH Selling In Bangladesh (Tata Sky, Reliance TV, Airtel TV)

India’s DTH Selling In Bangladesh (Tata Sky, Reliance TV, Airtel TV)

No Comments November 4, 2011 – 3:18 PM | Permalink | Print |

Indian DTH Service ProvidersIt’s not too long that India has started it’s large (DTH) direct-to-home television channel business in whole country. Seventy out of hundred people currently uses DTH in their home TV. Tata Sky, Reliance TV, Airtel TV etc. are all currently the top businesses. Hence fourth, such DTH satellite TV channel services are being served in Bangladesh as well. However, such services are illegal or not authorized by the operator.

A seller has claimed that he is an authorized dealer and provides such DTH service in interested party’s home within Bangladesh. He also said that “I have all type of DTH set-top boxes including HD channels, 3D channels etc. with one year warranty of all the DTH providers and for your assurance I’ve all types of loading scratch cards, mobile loads, online recharge facilities on demand.”

After a little research and from one of his customer, who received his service has told that “I’d purchased the Tata Sky HD box from him including the umbrella antenna. Funny thing to me is that, he provided me a non-branded local antenna and all the other little parts and the only original part I received is just the box which says Tata Sky. I doubt that all others are made in our country except for the box. But who cares, it’s working excellent.” We tried to capture a photo of the antenna but he denied to show us and his identity.

The seller is selling a Tata Sky HD set-top box at the rate of Tk. 12,500.00 BDT where the same box is being sold in India at Rs. 2,599.00 INR which is equivalent to our currency at Tk. 4,020.00 BDT. A difference of Tk.8480.00 BDT comparing with the price provided by the main provider in India.

Back in January 2010, Obaidul Kader, the standing committee chairman of parliament including Md Touhid Hossain, managing director of cable TV operator ‘Nation Electronics and Cable Operator’ said that they accepted the recommendation of DTH in Bangladesh and would launch such service by large investor soon. However no further update was received and which has caused such illegal services being served all over the country. And since government haven’t really overlooked at this cable operators technology so as they don’t have any good control over it.

According to the current citizens of Bangladesh, they’re forced to take the local cable operators which serves approximately 70-80 channels and to get further channels people are switching to such DTH facility where they get hundreds of channels even in crystal clear and sharp picture quality comparing to local operators.

For any enquiry regarding such DTH services in Dhaka, you may send your email to response[at]inewstoday.net.

Copyright 2011 iNewsToday. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

If it were court, I'd probably defend it by saying 'Where there is demand, there will be supply' legally or otherwise.

Err...Doesn't that mean Tata Sky, Reliance TV, Airtel TV are being robbed of their revenue?

In pakistan dish tv is being sold as well openly.

Err...Doesn't that mean Tata Sky, Reliance TV, Airtel TV are being robbed of their revenue?

absolutely... this was & is a trend in Britain even now, especially with cable tv customers. you do get doctored set top boxes which includes all premium channels including box office ones. While an ordinary customer pays about £50 per month..these guys watch £100 pounds worth channels foc. It's a loss of revenue to the service providers.. in this case the indian service providers. Banglaseshi authorities needs to clamp down on these crimes.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

More surprisingly,why aren't satellite signals of such providers not being encrypted?Seems like they dig losing money.

these criminals decode the box & programme the viewing cards!!

A seller has claimed that he is an authorized dealer and provides such DTH service in interested party’s home within Bangladesh. He also said that “I have all type of DTH set-top boxes including HD channels, 3D channels etc. with one year warranty of all the DTH providers and for your assurance I’ve all types of loading scratch cards, mobile loads, online recharge facilities on demand.”

Does not these recharge or reload card provided by the Indian operators??? So how come they are loosing money. Its Bangladesh which is loosing money where a box of 4000 taka is sold at 12500 taka and government is loosing its tax revenue.

Does not these recharge or reload card provided by the Indian operators??? So how come they are loosing money. Its Bangladesh which is loosing money where a box of 4000 taka is sold at 12500 taka.

Read following paragraph;

After a little research and from one of his customer, who received his service has told that “I’d purchased the Tata Sky HD box from him including the umbrella antenna. Funny thing to me is that, he provided me a non-branded local antenna and all the other little parts and the only original part I received is just the box which says Tata Sky. I doubt that all others are made in our country except for the box. But who cares, it’s working excellent.” We tried to capture a photo of the antenna but he denied to show us and his identity.

Does not these recharge or reload card provided by the Indian operators??? So how come they are loosing money. Its Bangladesh which is loosing money where a box of 4000 taka is sold at 12500 taka.

no.. these cards are illegally programmed or topped up by the criminals. This is done either by an employee belonging to the service provider or by someone who knows the know how! Primary loser in this is the service provider, who's service is utilised by the consumer without paying any cost! Infact it's the service provider who pays the part of his income towards the state. So its state's responsibility to make sure that service provider's interest is safeguarded.

Read following paragraph;

I was talking about the recharge or reload card... n the box which is original cost in India around 4000 taka but in bd 12500 taka.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

no.. these cards are illegally programmed or topped up by the criminals. This is done either by an employ belonging to the service provider or by someone who knows the know how! Primary loser in this is the service provider, who's service is utilised by the consumer without paying any cost!

If the cards are topped up then does not they have to pay for it???

I was talking about the recharge or reload card... n the box which is original cost in India around 4000 taka but in bd 12500 taka.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

If the cards are topped up then does not they have to pay for it???

an insider can top it up without paying anything to anyone..

As per this article,It's a fake receiver set.Why would service providers take out recharge cards for doctored receivers?

Russian high-technologies research and production company General
Satellite signed the Shareholders
Agreement with the largest
Bangladeshi conglomerate Beximco.
The Agreement provides for
creation of a joint venture to obtain
the license and launch the first
national DTH operator in
Bangladesh.
Cooperation between these two
corporations is aimed at fast
development of the Pay TV market
in Bangladesh. At present there are
no legal DTH operators in the
country. The main objective of the
project is to provide their service at
a cost matching the purchasing
capacity of the population and at a
high quality level.
H.E. Alexander A. Nikolaev,
Ambassador of the Russian
Federation to Bangladesh, graced
the ceremony of signing.
*In September of 2012 the first
digital terrestrial TV operator,
launched by General Satellite
jointly with Royal Group Company
in Cambodia, entered the Pay TV
market. At present General Satellite
is also actively working for creating
a DTH operator in Pakistan and
continues its activities for creating
broadcasting projects in other
countries. Embassy of the Russian Federation in Bangladesh We don't need Indian DTH anymore. Beximco will provide DTH soon. yupeeeee........

Back
Top Bottom