What's new

India’s exports to Pakistan rise to $1.64 billion

UmarJustice

New Recruit

Reaction score
India’s exports to Pakistan has improved to $1.64 billion during April-February 2012-13, Parliament was informed on Monday.
For the entire 2011-12 fiscal, the shipments to the neighbouring country had stood at $1.53 billion. The country’s imports from Pakistan too increased to $487.5 million during April-February 2012-13.
In 2011-12, the imports stood at $421.8 million, Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma said in a written reply to the Lok Sabha. The total bilateral trade during the 11-month period of the last fiscal aggregated at $2.12 billion.
It had stood at $1.95 billion in 2011-12, he said. However, in 2010-11, the two-way trade was $2.37 billion.
Both the countries are in the process of further strengthening their trade ties as Pakistan has already switched over from a positive list to an approach of selective negative list of imports.
In another reply, Sharma said that there have been reports of large consignments of substandard arecanut meant for tanning industry being imported through Kerala and Kolkata ports and being used by gutka units.
“Reports have been received about the import of arecanut as a vegetable tanning agent under duty exemption schemes.
After examining the matter, public notice...has been issued restricting import of duty free arecanut to the actual users,” he said.

India

good development. hope it touches mark of 3 billions in coming yaers

@Dillinger : I hope they can export @Ayush 's Belly Dancing videos too - I bet I can find a huge market for it here amongst some of our.....ummmhhhh Performing Art Lovers ! :angel:

and perhaps pakistan can export your BODY BUILDING videos to america..:azn: i bet i can find a huge market for it here amongst all the beef burger eaters...:devil:

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the trade rules are relaxed sufficiently. India has the ability to flood the Pakistani market with relatively cheaper Indian goods. It could be another potent tool to inflict pain, under the garb of "growth" and "trade".

@Dillinger : I hope they can export @Ayush 's Belly Dancing videos too - I bet I can find a huge market for it here amongst some of our.....ummmhhhh Performing Art Lovers ! :angel:

Bhai, ask for all our power, ask for SU 30's, ask for anything except that. There is not enough for us and how can you ask for that. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistans exports should also rise, pakistan should adopt proper measures to ensure that the trade rises.

That is good news. Indian exports to Pakistan can cross USD 3.5 billion in the next fiscal quite easily.

this is good. and in next fiscal year the estimated will be double from the current trade level.

can you buy Indian products(as seen on TV) in Pakistan? if yes, our mission accomplished :devil:
eg: tata sky,santoor soap,katrina's ad(forgot!) etc etc.

Pakistans exports should also rise, pakistan should adopt proper measures to ensure that the trade rises.
India has some level of red tape (not Pakistan specific). Pakistani being similar will figure out ways sooner or later. India should also help resolve their genuine concerns.

This is far too small for markets as large as India and Pakistan, FAR too small. I guess things will get better when Pakistan gives MFN status to India. Pakistan should also address some of their protectionist measures in their economy such as the high import duties on vehicles, I've heard some outgragously high prices for some pretty rubbish foreign offerings. India could offer a lot in the vehicle arena to Pakistan, it is striking how little diversity there is on Pakistan's roads.

Back
Top Bottom