What's new

India, Saudi Arabia for enhanced defence co-operation

Reaction score
Dubai, May 10: Providing a boost to the relations between Indian and Saudi Arabian defence forces, the Vice Chief of Indian Army completed a two-day official visit to Riyadh, aimed at fostering defence co-operation between the two countries.

According to Col R S Yadav, Defence Attache of the Indian Embassy, the visit by Lt Gen Milan Naidu was intended at building a deeper understanding, developing mutual confidence and identifying fresh avenues of co-operation in the field of defence relations, Arab News reported.

Naidu met Prince Khaled Ibn Sultan, Assistant Minister of Defence and Aviation and Vice Adm Prince Fahd Bin Abdullah, officiating Chief of General Staff, besides meeting the Commanders of Land and Air Defence Forces and Chairman of the Committee on Security Affairs in the Majlis al-Shoura.

Naidu also visited the Armed Forces Command and Staff College.

"The visit was well received by both sides and is likely to result in increased interactions and better co-operation in the fields of training, technical assistance and military hardware," Col Yadav said.

A number of Saudi officers are currently attending training courses in India.:police:

Naidu`s visit follows similar visits to the Kingdom by the Minister of External Affairs of India, Pranab Mukherjee, and Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission, Montek Singh Ahluwalia.

Vice Admiral Prince Fahd Bin Abdullah, who is also Commander of the Royal Saudi Naval Forces, and Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal were part of the Saudi delegations which visited India in February this year to attend a symposium on the Indian Ocean and also a defence exhibition.:cheers:

May God help KSA officers, incase they end up the like the Iraqi officers trained by India before them.

LOL, dont worry KSA wont be fighting any wars any time soon...

there is a big game goin on here just think why wuld Arabia wuld ever buy Indian defence products, when it is free to chose far superior US, Russian, European products???? (they donot face any cash constraints!!!)

everyone knows wut im talkin abut here!!!:what:

there is a big game goin on here just think why wuld Arabia wuld ever buy Indian defence products, when it is free to chose far superior US, Russian, European products???? (they donot face any cash constraints!!!)

everyone knows wut im talkin abut here!!!:what:

Where does it is written that Saudi procuering Indian defence products?

He didnt understand the article.

hello MR. i have read the article n i didn't want to write abut Saudi personal getting trainin in India, i presented my point of view related to DEFENCE COLLABRATION between the 2 countries, which also means that in the future India may or may not sell its military hardware, hope u n jeff understand this atleast:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom