What's new

India seeking US military help to contain China: Source: PTI

I agree with your last line.

India has bullied or tried to bully all of it's neighbors.
The results were mixed depending the power of those neighbors though.

bullied ? how ?
by responding to an armed assault by our peace loving neighbours ?

One bully to the east bullied us once....resulting in our eternal vigilance on that front and the other to our west tried to bully us but found us to be to big to handle.....:cheers:

Dalai lama is a spiritual leader, not a terrorist.
He was terrorist and liar surported by CIA to agitate the rebell in Tibet.After fail,he changed his face to be a peace lover.Thousands of Tibetans died because of him.
Link:Dalai Lama and memories of the CIA | Opinion & analysis | RIA Novosti

And we did cooperated with China, for example, during olympics, by forcibly, let me reiterate it, forcibly pressing down on protesters protesting against China during olympic baton relay's India run.
Did you ever carefully think about why Dai lais group want to do something about Olymipc baton? Why at that time?why not now?
Do you think you or the whole India will feel proud if the Olympic was ruined in India by Da lai la ma? I need to mention the 2008 olimpic not only belongs to the Chinese,but the whole world.If it happened in India,we lost the face,you too.

What's your "doing the same" for this gesture??
Encourage the Indians to win something on olympic 2008.You got a gold medal,right?

You mean to say beijing olympics' results were rigged. That's why China emerged as the largest winner.:disagree:

And you haven't replied to the question - why china is building infrastructure on land deemed disputed by India, while stopping India from doing development work in area deemed disputed by China?

I expect a sane and honest reply to it.

Last edited:
And you haven't replied to the question - why china is building infrastructure on land deemed disputed by India, while stopping India from doing development work in area deemed disputed by China?

Because we want economic development.
1, China and Pakistan co-operation for economic development
2, China and India to cooperate for economic development

Because we want economic development.
1, China and Pakistan co-operation for economic development
2, China and India to cooperate for economic development

Did you really understood what I was asking??

Kamal Nath seeks Chinese investment in J&K, North East highways - The Times of India
Kamal Nath seeks Chinese investment in J&K, North East highways

Tags:highway projects|chinese investment
Visiting minister of roads and highways Kamal Nath on Wednesday assured Chinese companies that India was ready for investments in highway projects in all regions including border areas including Jammu and Kashmir and the North East.

He even offered to help them address concerns over legal limits on equity investments in Indian road companies. China's state owned investment firms have requested that they be treated on par with investors from Singapore.

The move comes soon after sharp differences erupted between the two countries over China's reluctance to give a visa to an Indian military general based in Jammu and Kashmir and the controversy over Chinese investments in the Pakistan Occupied Kashmir.

Nath, who met his counterpart Li Shenglin, heard requests that two Chinese investors, China Investment Corporation and Social Security Fund, should be treated as separate entities for the purpose of implementing the cap on 10% equity investment as per the SEBI rules.

He offered to take up the request with other ministries in New Delhi. The minister is due to attend his second meeting to seek investments at the Chinese coastal city of Tianjin tomorrow.

India has recently awarded a project to a Chinese joint venture in Jammu & Kashmir and there was no objection to more investments in highways in this State as well as the North Eastern areas, Nath said.

"The government of India cleared [the project in Jammu and Kashmir] from a security point of view," he said. "We have no such concerns...We awarded the contract because Chinese involvement is in terms of investment, project management and technology. They were not sending people there to dig roads, so there was no issue."
The new visa rules allowed only foreign workers with specialized technical skills to work on Indian projects, which is why there was not much problem with additional Chinese investments, he said.

Several Chinese firms, including CGGC, CEC, Gezhouba Water and Power and JTEC are involved in highway projects in India, he pointed out.

You mean to say beijing olympics' results were rigged. That's why China emerged as the largest winner.:disagree:

You surport the Da Lai La Ma,we block your aid from IMF.It has no correlation with K a s mire which is another story.Thats the answer.

You surport the Da Lai La Ma,we block your aid from IMF.It has no correlation with K a s mire which is another story.Thats the answer.

everything you do. You blame dalai for it.:cheesy: always using him as scapegoat to furthur your designs. :tdown:

The power of diplomacy,hope you understand.

India did learn from the mistakes,learnt lessons and moved ahead,but it seems our neighbours stayed where they were years before.I am talking about the mentality here.

Regarding Indian wishes,well a little update with the current scenario may make you think otherwise.Nuclear deal?? ring a bell???

Actually it did not because the way i see it you guys paved the way for us. Does China selling us more nuclear reactors ring a bell???? And because the thread is specific about Antony raising concerns about US arms sale to Pakistan, does F-16s ring any bell???? I hope you understand why i said the world does not revolve around Indian wishes.

Back
Top Bottom