What's new

India set to use Japanese bullet train technology for Mumbai-Ahmedabad rout

I wonder if this will take off like the metro systems have recently.

India is investing in infrastructure like this like never before. I like the direction India is heading with this.

I wonder if this will take off like the metro systems have recently.

India is investing in infrastructure like this like never before. I like the direction India is heading with this.

India is spending $1 TRILLION on infrastructure in the next 4 years (in PPP terms it is far higher) and will be spending even more the 5 years after that- where do you think this money will be spent- projects just like this!

India is about 10-15 years behind China where infrastructure is concerned and it is time it caught up- such spending will certainly help.

cool, but the technology is really not the hard part.

I'm sure Indians can make its own trains with enough time and money.

The hard part is how are you going to relocate the people who live on the route? China can do things that India just can't, or at least a real democracy can't.

1 Trillion $ by conversion, doesn't means all money would be in dollars. A little common sense would tell you that most of the investment would be in INR. Or some foreign investor putting in $$$.

Railway has lots of land along the roots. For most of the way, no displacement would be required.

you would think, but it needs to be straight the track. It would go into some lands for sure. California rails faces this problem. The technology is not the issue. Cause let's face it, it's bullet train, still very much a train, not jet engines.

So how would India handle these people? Money? Money is not the issue, if Indians are like Chinese which I think they are, it'll be difficult to move these guys without the absolute power of the government.

you would think, but it needs to be straight the track. It would go into some lands for sure. California rails faces this problem. The technology is not the issue. Cause let's face it, it's bullet train, still very much a train, not jet engines.

So how would India handle these people? Money? Money is not the issue, if Indians are like Chinese which I think they are, it'll be difficult to move these guys without the absolute power of the government.

I meant along the tracks. Indian railway has lots of land along the length of the tracks, much wider land is owned by the railway company than the width of current tracks. Though in cities, there would be some problem.

@Markus

I thought India built its own trains?

My colleagues have already given you the answer.

Even the ongoing Metro and Mono rail projects in Mumbai, the initial engines/coaches have all been imported.

I am not sure, but in the long run probably we might make them in India.

Last edited by a moderator:
Respects to Genesis ! When crappy posters like Speeder post something out of their bowels, Genesis comes across as a fair , balanced poster ! Always a treat to read your posts SIR !

Spot on Analysis,,,,
We already are facing relocation issues in some parts ,,but govt is also taking some tough stand .Its a part of the game .
India has already made projects like konkan railway ,, so as u said tech know how shouldn't be an issue .

The hard part is how are you going to relocate the people who live on the route? China can do things that India just can't, or at least a real democracy can't.

My colleagues have already given you the answer.

Even the ongoing Metro and Mono rail projects in Mumbai, the initial engines/coaches have all been imported.

I am not sure, but in the long run probably we might make them in India.

Isn't there a plan to put kavari on a train? Maybe India can build the first jet engine train.

we know how dangerous those high IQ trains can be

121022_r22703_p465.jpg

How a High-Speed Rail Disaster Exposed China’s Corruption : The New Yorker

Chinese anger over alleged cover-up of high-speed rail crash | World news | The Guardian

This definitely killed a lot of people in China. This is bound too happen as China is developing way too fast.

If this happen in India, it would be much worse as people would be falling off the top of the train.

for once I agree with you....the real bane of democracy is that the govt is under scrutiny all the time...look at some of the projects which were executed in Mumbai and caused delays not because on the govt. parts but because some bozo was displaced as his property or the one he is squatting upon is coming in the middle of the project and he wants to make a quick buck rather than taking what the govt. is offering him and so he files a PIL(Public Interest Litigation) in the courts which takes years to decide...also sometimes projects are delayed because of environmental clearances...

I'm not trolling. I'm just trying to confirm what I had heard about India putting Kavari on a train. That is after I heard it would be put on a boat and then UAV.

You made your point about questioning Kaveri's use on trains. Valid and fair point .
But to deem people falling off the trains (we are speaking of bullet trains, not your run of the mill snail mail train) was uncalled for. Stick to the topic and we shall respond. Troll for the sake of trolling, you will only get our ire.

Back to your and many other Indian posters doubts, I will post some informative posts from other forums on jet engines used on trains.

But first I need to know if cut-copy-pasting info from other (defence) forums is allowed? Mods.. anyone?

I'm not trolling. I'm just trying to confirm what I had heard about India putting Kavari on a train. That is after I heard it would be put on a boat and then UAV.

Can you provide even one link about putting Kaveri engine on trains ?

Back
Top Bottom