What's new

India: should you be China's foe or friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So In a way you say chinese do not have aspiration??? Come on,We never say we will catch up USA and beat them in 20-30 years... We aspire for what we can do.... No over aspiration.

And We too dont need TOT for simple Infrastructure stuffs, we have quality IT parks.... Unlike China which has to reverse engineer even the buildings,lol...

quality IT? can you name a software product india produced in the past year?

of course china has aspirations, but we don't announce them to the world, instead we critically look at our problems.

Thanks fo your observations.

The path that India should take is decided by Indians who decide the kind of government they want. We have some of the finest brains in the world, economists, thinkers, technocrats and educationists. Policy formulation is guided by these people after taking into account the aspirations of the people. India is not on Mars and therefore can not live in isolation. I dont see any harm in some healthy competition be it with China or any other nation. Politicians have a habit of playing to the gallery and making exaggerated claims. We know what our capabilities are and the difficulties to be surmounted.

Poverty alleviation has been India's national goal since independence. The sheer magnitude of the task involved implies that it will take time to be achieved. If we Indians have not lost hope, I dont see any logic in non Indians making an issue of it. Except perhaps to seek cheap brownie points and beat Indians on the head with it. Which is what happens on this forum most of the time.

Yes India needs peace to progress, yes we need peace to reach out to the poor and the marginalised so we can make all round progress. Yes peace with China and Pakistan is eminently desirable. But at what cost? Pakistan will want all of Kashmir and maybe some more. China will want Arunachal Pradesh, Ladakh and parts of Uttarakhand. The price for peace is simply too high for us to pay. So we have no option but to arm ourselves so that our rivals know that attacking us would be very expensive and not worth the trouble. That is what dissuasive diplomacy is all about, no? Unfortunately, this diverts scarce resources needed for the nation's development.

Anyway, nice interacting with you.

Very well said.
Our relationship with China or anyother country will be decided by our long term national interests. At present, our national interest is fast economic growth. Friendship & co-operation with China and other countries will help in this.

of course china has aspirations, but we don't announce them to the world, instead we critically look at our problems.

man India has gone into the era of making super computers, Vital technology and softwars for Our rockets, Boing has partnered HCL for Critical aviation software development and testing, and You are asking me to provide you some software names what India developed, please do not Insult us like that:lol: ... Is google still available in China???

And Aspirations, Let alone the world, the chinese people by themselves have no right to know what there country is aspiring for and where is it taking them to..

Last edited:
India: China,should i be your foe or friend?
China:... Free Tibet, Arunachal Pradesh, Aksai Chin, Democracy, competing for Energy, arms market in Pakistan, using Pakistan to contain India.. well we dont think you are important
India: If that be so then why are you so religious about propping Pakistan up to nag India? Nuke and missile transfers, infrastructure, weapons, tanks, aircraft, phew! thankyou so much for not showing interest in India!! Probably you would have been feeding the Pakistanis out of your hands had you shown any more interest in India!!!
Houston : hahahahahaha
India: so what is it going to be?
Houston : China.. why are you always so stuck up? You are not the only emerging power...
China: Well, we will never be surpassed, there is no way a democracy like India could make sweat shops upon sweat shops for hapless Chinese to work in.. after all death in a factory serving the nation is better than unknown death in countryside.. and while I am at it we will continue to poison your kids with our deadly toys
India: well why do you get so caught up in idealogy when all that is asked is a simple question
Houston: China is stalling like always, lets arrange a well publicised meeting with His Holiness The Dalai Lama, that will speed things up!
China: hey no! please dont do that! I think I have you by your balls USD 2T forex, remember? global banker, remember?
Houston: No, I dont think so, lost 'em in AfPak and the other in Iraq.
China: So what about the F-22 for Pakistan to help it fight Taliban in the WoT
Houston: Well, what?
India: *^#&*^#*^, What the fish????
China: The Taliban, they that have beards, long flowing clothes, suicide on their minds and go ack-ack-ing at the sight of any infidels.. the last time they boarded a flight in the US they crash landed it, 9/11 bing! They whooped our a$$ in Xinjiang too!
Houston: this F-22 thing is news to me.. oh and the Taliban what about them? We will first focus on WoT and then look at other ills plaguing the world.. that responsibility comes with natural leadership of the world
India: But Pakistan is still clamouring for a nuke deal and combat drones, the purchase list just gets longer.. thi s is getting insane
China: (thinking.. how can I control these two with an iron fist like I do my people.. I am not used to opinion.. CCP rules!)
.. thinking...
Free Tibet, Arunachal Pradesh, Aksai Chin, Democracy, competing for Energy, arms market in Pakistan, using Pakistan to contain India..
.. thinking too much...
India & Houston meanwhile give up after waiting on China's response for a few years.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
thats what we should call reply

the difference between chinese and indians when comparing ourselves to other countries:

Chinese: We are 20-30 years behind the US.
Indians: We will catch up to and beat the US in 20-30 years.

From the way we say it, it's obvious who is more self-critical and low-key, and who is more arrogant. What some call an "inferiority" complex, is actually being calm and pragmatic.

BTW, skyscrapers and multilane highways aren't high tech things that need ToT, maybe in India they are but not in China. We have the world's largest construction industry and some of the tallest buildings.

so tall bildings r ur measurement of growth and domination

so by that order china lags far behind by DUBAI,TAIPEI and MALAYSIA

i had heard the chinese obsessions for skyscrapers,also heard that most of them is half empty

man u know the biggest difference between us,we only produce what we can consume,but for u its just abt showing might even its a total waste

Chinese software products are secretly made for people in China , right??:mps:

so tall bildings r ur measurement of growth and domination

so by that order china lags far behind by DUBAI,TAIPEI and MALAYSIA

i had heard the chinese obsessions for skyscrapers,also heard that most of them is half empty

man u know the biggest difference between us,we only produce what we can consume,but for u its just abt showing might even its a total waste

nope, tall buildings are not the measure of dominance, but of course that's another thing india does not have.

the real measure of power is industrial and scientific ability, on both counts india is far behind even south korea.

nope, tall buildings are not the measure of dominance, but of course that's another thing india does not have.

the real measure of power is industrial and scientific ability, on both counts India is far behind even south korea.

i know google is not available in china and baidu is filtered but still if u can find some information find it

India already have many skyscrapers-Imperial Towes,Palais Royale and Orchid Heights though not comparable to burj tower or taipai 101 but still fall in skyscraper category

like i said we only produse that what we consume,about u,u knew it:whistle:

other than just trolling can u prove me how korea is ahead of us in industrial capability

BTW, skyscrapers and multilane highways aren't high tech things that need ToT

I guess you are missing the point. In the same breath as you claim to be humble, you follow up with posts outlining achievements like crazy. It only reinforces my belief that a lot of Chinese members on this forum suffer from inferiority complex, despite stellar achievements.

My point was a rebuttal to some guy claiming that China does not compare herself to anyone. To which I say, if you dont compare then how come your roads, buildings, bridges look similar to anywhere else in the world. Are you developing in isolation? Do you claim to have invented roads, buildings, bridges? It is obvious you are aping development patterns/symbols of the west whether it is infrastructure, space program, huge malls, missiles or whatever.

I guess you are missing the point. In the same breath as you claim to be humble, you follow up with posts outlining achievements like crazy. It only reinforces my belief that a lot of Chinese members on this forum suffer from inferiority complex, despite stellar achievements.

My point was a rebuttal to some guy claiming that China does not compare herself to anyone. To which I say, if you dont compare then how come your roads, buildings, bridges look similar to anywhere else in the world. Are you developing in isolation? Do you claim to have invented roads, buildings, bridges? It is obvious you are aping development patterns/symbols of the west whether it is infrastructure, space program, huge malls, missiles or whatever.

our missile program is completely unique, as we were enemies of both the US and USSR in the 60's and 70's. missiles look the same on the outside due to their necessary aerodynamic shape. the inside is what matters.

also, india has not merely absorbed the MATERIAL symbols of the west, it even adopted their LANGUAGE and CULTURE.

we only compare ourselves with the past, that is why we list achievements - they were things that we could not do before, that we could do now. if we compared with the US or Russia we'd be ashamed since they did things 30 years ago that we can only do now.

our missile program is completely unique,

Time to refresh memories.. Under the Sino-Soviet agreement on cooperation in the period of 1957-1962, the Soviet Union transferred training and combat models, licenses and technical documentation for the production of R-1 (SS-1) and R-2 (SS-2) ground-based operational-tactical ballistic missiles and R-11F sea-launched ballistic missiles... The SS-2 was essentially a modified version of the German V-2 rocket..

DF-1 - China Nuclear Forces

also, india has not merely absorbed the MATERIAL symbols of the west, it even adopted their LANGUAGE and CULTURE.

You knowledge of India and its people is constrained by your bias. Where you know zilch it is better to stfu.

In cities all Chinese, without exception, have taken to western dressing, like fish to water.
If leaders of a nation reflect public sentiment look at their respective dressing sense:

77326119.jpg

17th+Chinese+Communist+Party+Congress+dDoop4jkYeSl.jpg

It is decidedly western, almost as if the Chinese want to be western with a vengeance. In contrast

F517CCDC-7F52-480D-823D-DDA8054A3E2EArtVPF.gif

japan.jpg

Before you jump, leftmost is the Japanese premier.

imgres

1124098757870_Commemorative_Indian_Parliament_Picture.jpg

also on the question of language, Li Yang is lecturing on his "Crazy English," a teaching technique involving students shouting English phrases at the top of their voices.

xinsrc_150301241535780963440.jpg

China is probably one of the few countries in the world where learning English has almost become a national obsession.... What's more outrageous is that the importance of English skills has been exaggerated to the extent that it overweighs almost everything in assessing a person's competency.

Oh dont be so hard on yourself. Given the fresh perspective I am trying to provide may be you can rethink your ingrained biases. This can be your personal achievement for the day. I am sorry to have burst your bubble, especially if you hail from a remote corner of China, but the truth is rest of China has moved on. There are very few like you that are hinged to the past.

Last edited:
Time to refresh memories.. Under the Sino-Soviet agreement on cooperation in the period of 1957-1962, the Soviet Union transferred training and combat models, licenses and technical documentation for the production of R-1 (SS-1) and R-2 (SS-2) ground-based operational-tactical ballistic missiles and R-11F sea-launched ballistic missiles... The SS-2 was essentially a modified version of the German V-2 rocket..

DF-1 - China Nuclear Forces

You knowledge of India and its people is constrained by your bias. Where you know zilch it is better to stfu.

In cities all Chinese, without exception, have taken to western dressing, like fish to water.

also on the question of language, Li Yang is lecturing on his "Crazy English," a teaching technique involving students shouting English phrases at the top of their voices.

xinsrc_150301241535780963440.jpg

China is probably one of the few countries in the world where learning English has almost become a national obsession.... What's more outrageous is that the importance of English skills has been exaggerated to the extent that it overweighs almost everything in assessing a person's competency.

Oh dont be so hard on yourself. Given the fresh perspective I am trying to provide may be you can rethink your ingrained biases. This can be your personal achievement for the day.

on english: it was like that in the 90's and early 2000's when urban people were crazy for english but now it has changed. our university graduation exam used to require passing an ENGLISH test, but it was cancelled in 2007.

i am not an urban resident by birth, so i'm not very crazy for English but i happened to learn it well anyways due to preparation for graduate school as it is required to pass 2 english tests to get in. it is also understandable since many scientific papers are written in english.

it is an extreme exaggeration to say that english skills are the sole factor used to judge people, in fact it is the least important factor in most jobs. what does a factory worker or engineer need with english?

in INDIA, the official language is English. No one in China speaks English over Chinese at home, while many in India speak English over their home language.

i am definitely not ashamed of bringing reality to indians however.

At best I can say, your knowledge about India is very poor. You even don't know how many languages exist in India.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom