What's new

India strikes back at nuclear protesters

LMAO...wrong on so many levels and all you point out is the Religious issues not the tread topic. So what if some Northeast states converted to Christianity? They were not Hindus before that and if some were then what;s the issue? They have the freedom to convert or follow whaever religion they choose. Get over it. Stop controlling folks to follow what you want. Bullshit nobody is FORCING anyone to convert they do so on their own free will.

3 PAGES LATER you bring this up while I have already apologized and explained why. Yet, that scum has not apologized for his rant on Christians.

And I haven;t seen one single poster besides Subramanian point out and defend Chrisitians of Kerala. YOu guys are treading a dangerous path.....you guys are the ones completely labeling an entire group? And you have the nerve to defend such folks but not a peep but Christians who have educated the masses. YOu know what the problem is? The gov;t thought it could steam roll this process thru a bunch of illiterate ppl, and got a smack on the face when they realized it wouldn;t be a cake walk.

Read all my points before you make a stupid comment. I have done more than enough to explain my views...while all you posters together cannot even compete.

i know many Christians & sects are genuine but there are some elements or sects who are into this concept of brainwashing ppl to accept Christianity. my family also encountered these kind of ppl some years back.( i think they were from pentachostic missioneris or something like that) initially they were good but later on they started using bad lang abt our religion. i can't even write what they said in front of us. if we had blasphemy laws then those ppl would have faced death sentence for using such remarks. i think genuine Christians & their sects or orz. should do something abt it coz some ppl are giving bad name to Christians in india.

i know many Christians & sects are genuine but there are some elements or sects who are into this concept of brainwashing ppl to accept Christianity. my family also encountered these kind of ppl some years back.( i think they were from pentachostic missioneris or something like that) initially they were good but later on they started using bad lang abt our religion. i can't even write what they said in front of us. if we had blasphemy laws then those ppl would have faced death sentence for using such remarks. i think genuine Christians & their sects or orz. should do something abt it coz some ppl are giving bad name to Christians in india.

I hear you. Im not religious at all. I just believe in a higher power and the Dalai Lama words. Christian Missionaires doing such deeds are wrong for doing it but other religions do the same crap as well. Not all but some preach and belittle other religions as well. So, instead of pointing fingers, make the rules evenly for everybody. I know about Pente's and they disgust me as well. I think they are full of ****. In fact, they preach a lot but rarely follow the words they spew. At the end of the day, Im only concerned with uplifting the men, women and children of India thu equlality and education. Nothing less.

TN declares power holiday to industries from March 1

The Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB) has announced a power holiday to all industries with effect from March 1, and also announced 40 per cent power cut to all industrial and commercial consumers.

The state is facing a shortage of 3000-4000 Mw. In an announcement today, the board said the demand for power is 11,500 to 12,500 Mw.

Availability from internal generation, share from Central Generating Station and other sources is 8,500 MW. Demand is raising by 10 per cent every year in the State. There is a gap of 3,000–4,000 Mw.

There has been no major capacity additions over the last several years.

Moreover, all the projects have been delayed due to various reasons.

To meet the power demand, the ongoing projects — Mettur Thermal Power Project Stage III (1 x 600 MW), North Chennai Thermal Power Project Stage II (2 x 600 MW), NTPC Joint Venture Project at Vallur (3 x 500), Koodangulam Atomic Power Project (2 x 1000 MW), NLC TS II expansion (2 x 250 MW) — were expected to be made operational this year. However, all the projects have been delayed due to various reasons. Therefore, the gap in the demand-supply has become inevitable.

As the present restrictions and control measures are not sufficient to cover the above gap, TANGEDCO is forced to resort to unscheduled load shedding, in order to ensure grid security, it said.

To address the issue, 40 per cent power will be cut to all industrial and commercial consumers from February 27, Chennai city and suburban areas will see two hours load shedding, other rural and urban areas will see four hours of load shedding.

Evening peak hour (6.00 PM to 10.00 PM) restriction to commercial consumers and power holiday to all industries will be in effect from March 1.

The restrictions and controls will be implemented according to the local needs and will be suitably altered whenever required. Load shedding measures will be revised, depending upon the demand and supply gap, said the release.

“This deficit situation is likely to last for few months. From June, with wind generation picking up and power projects becoming functional one after other, it will be possible to relax some of the restrictions and controls by that time,” said the board.

TN declares power holiday to industries from March 1

---------- Post added at 05:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 AM ----------

Tamil Nadu 'power'less; power shortage hurting biz

The industry is literally powerless in Tamil Nadu with the state electricity board (SEB) sunk in debt. With the state falling short of 4000 MW of power, the situation is going from bad to worse, reports CNBC-TV18's Swathi Narayanan.

On September 5, 2011, J Jayalalithaa, the chief minister of Tamil Nadu assured that her government is aware of this issue and they are taking steps on a war footing to improve the power situation. But six months down the line, the CM seems to be powerless in improving the situation.

The demand for power in Tamil Nadu is 11,500-12,500 MW, while the supply is only 8500 MW. That's a deficit of 3000-4000 MW.

The SEB reeling under a debt of over Rs 50,000 crore has been unable to help.

This essentially means that industrial units in Tamil Nadu that have already been facing prolonged power cuts now will have to brace themselves for more. According to the TNSEB, industrial and commercial consumers will face up to 40% higher power cuts in the coming months. Industrial units located outside Chennai are already facing power cuts for up to 8-10 hours in a day. Besides this, all industries will be subjected to a one-day power holiday every week from March 1 onwards.

Obviously, none of this is good for business.

"Our smaller tier-1 and perhaps our tier-2 suppliers are badly getting hit," says V Sumantran, executive vice chairman of Hinduja Automotive. "At a time when typically, this quarter, production is at a peak, we are finding disruptions with many tier-1 and tier- 2 suppliers," he rues.

And no respite can be expected anytime soon. For many years, there has been no serious effort made by the state to increase power capacity - the Koodangulam Nuclear Power Plant for example is in limbo due to safety concerns.

R Chidambaram, principal scientific adviser, Govt of India says, "When Koodankulam plant comes into operation, some 930 MW or something of that order, when both the reactors are operational, it will become available to the people of TN."

It is believed that every third car produced in India is from Tamil Nadu. Over the years, MNCs like Ford, Hyundai and Nokia have set up shop here. The state is also the biggest exporter of textiles and leather products. But if TN wants to maintain its manufacturing reputation, recharging the state electricity board and cutting down huge power outages must be a priority.

Tamil Nadu 'power'less; power shortage hurting biz - CNBC-TV18 -

TN's loss = K'taka, Maharashtra and Gujarat's gain.....:rolleyes:

Many new projects are not considering TN for the simple reason there is no power.

TN's loss = K'taka, Maharashtra and Gujarat's gain.....:rolleyes:

Many new projects are not considering TN for the simple reason there is no power.

Yes bring in some special act to TN, where in people who are blocking stones to the economy should be detained indefinitely without filing any FIR!

NGO's seems to be the new word for blame these days. Like I said, if you want to debate then read. When India was trying to get NSG approval, mnay facts came to light. Even in the US, such things happen but the release to the public is sparse. They will anlayze how bad the leak of any sort is. It doesn;t have to be radiation only, there are many toxic chemicals that have carincoagenic properties that can also cause great harm.

First of I am well read on the current topic! You are a self proclaiming debate winner here and you will go on the rampage and rant the same thing again and again!

You can rant as much as you want! But these protesters should be quelled with Iron hands!

So because you did not hear anything....we should all listen to you and your uncle who works there? Right, great logic. Where are the stats and studies. India lacks a FDA and is prepared to build one eventually. So till now, what does that speak about our concern Safety? It speaks volumes but you are too blind to see the obvious. All Indians are our ppl, not just the rich middle or por class irrespective of religions.

Are you a stupid or acting on someone behalf to show the Indians are fools!

My friend is working in Adyar Cancer Institute and when discussing about the cancer patients, He used to tell that the majority are Telugu people, It is mainly due to the spicy food they eat! I used to live very near to IIT Chennai(Adyar Cancer institute is right next to IIT Chennai) and atleast some 10-15 people used to come and ask for rooms... Out of that 95% are Telugu people.

My friends is having the responsibility to give radiation therapy to the patients and he was working for more than 12 years there and he told there has been never a case of cancer of radiation leak on nuke plants came there!

You are asking about the statistics, I could NOT find any stats because there is not any notable numbers to make any news... You provide the stats and studies to prove your imaginary dremt point!

My friend is working in Adyar Cancer Institute and when discussing about the cancer patients, He used to tell that the majority are Telugu people, It is mainly due to the spicy food they eat! I used to live very near to IIT Chennai(Adyar Cancer institute is right next to IIT Chennai) and atleast some 10-15 people used to come and ask for rooms... Out of that 95% are Telugu people.

My friends is having the responsibility to give radiation therapy to the patients and he was working for more than 12 years there and he told there has been never a case of cancer of radiation leak on nuke plants came there!

You are asking about the statistics, I could NOT find any stats because there is not any notable numbers to make any news... You provide the stats and studies to prove your imaginary dremt point!

What a surprise? I used to live near the IIT Chennai(Sriram Nagar is what I remember vaguely opposite to CLRI) when I was very young and I would pass by Cancer Institute on everyday basis to my school - My father would say most of the cancer patients are from Andhra and he felt it is due to the spicy food they eat. And you are echoing what my father used to say.

These NGO people are idiots...
Don't they know how much their state needs this electricity?
Still, I Feel most of these poor fishermen must have been misled into carrying out these protests.

Ooops! :what: It's not 'India that strikes back'! That should have read, 'The government strikes back'!

(If it happened in China, it would have read, 'The Empire strikes back'!!)
lol-060.gif

What a surprise? I used to live near the IIT Chennai(Sriram Nagar is what I remember vaguely opposite to CLRI) when I was very young and I would pass by Cancer Institute on everyday basis to my school - My father would say most of the cancer patients are from Andhra and he felt it is due to the spicy food they eat. And you are echoing what my father used to say.

Yes I was also stayed in Sriram Nagar, 1 st street and 3 street for 3 years with my friends, Not very nice posh place.... But It was somewhat near to Ascendas and Tidel park where we worked! Yes I am telling the truth my friend studied Nuclear physics in Anna University and got the job in Adayar cancer institute!

Still, I Feel most of these poor fishermen must have been misled into carrying out these protests.

These NGO's are nothing but parasites.

What was your friend working as? A clerk or housekeeping? Explain how in the Western world where many folks hate spicy food have cancer? Explain how in Kerala, there is a huge increase in cancer cases? Thanks you just proved to me what your IQ may be. I thought I was dealing with logical ppl. It seems another poster or two agree with your hypothesis. Did you ever think the care they are getting is better or more affordable than AP? How do you know that they do not live and work in TN? You dont have stats yet you are saying 95% this, all AP ppl, etc. Do you know anything about the health field? How does one know when they have cancer? How often do they people get screened?

You are not reading a lot of the info that I have posted, thats why you are still confused and stupid. You are looking at radiation as the only contaminant that may cause cancer from a nuclear reactor, yet you are completely ignoring all the heavy metals and chemicals that are associated with the entire process that are known carcinogens. Thanks you 110% proved to me and to any other person with an ounce of sensibiility that you are clueless about the present state of affairs.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

Spicy food. LMAO.....then Mexicans would have an epidemic wouldn;t they with all the haberno chiles they use in their cooking...

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

These NGO's are nothing but parasites.

How so? They have done a lot of good for India....

Electricity? Lets get one thing clear, these folks have lived without such conveniences for much of their life. If they could, anyone in a heartbeat would choose electricity, its a no brainer. They are concerned about their livelihood, their health and the future of their children. If anyone has been misled its you and others like yourself throughout India, for voting for corrupt SOB politicans. What do you think the rest of the world thinks when you pick Laloo, Mayawati,Pawar, etc? At least the poor and uneducated vote because they dont know any better, but what is the excuse of the middle ad rich class? Wake the f-k up

Spicy food. LMAO.....then Mexicans would have an epidemic wouldn;t they with all the haberno chiles they use in their cooking...

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Trinity - I do not claim it is right or wrong - I just expressed my surprise that I came across someone who had lived in the same neighbourhood as where I lived and having the same kind of opinion as my father.

Back
Top Bottom