What's new

India Supporting Taliban-US Intel Official

The recent peace accord in SWAT is now pinching India for two reasons. First, the Pakistan Army engaged will now be free for the eastern borders. Second, the RAW conspiracy to engage Pakistan in the seemingly Al-Qaeda insurgency on the western border has backfired! Indians were copy-catting the Pakistan long working strategy of keeping half of the Indian Army engaged in Kashmir against a fistful of trouble makers. This bleeds India financially! Too bad RAW cannot sustain the same now on the side of SWAT!

This is also the reason behind the latest statement from Pranab Mukherjee calling Talibaans the evil terrorists etc! NOW he wakes up to find this out??? Curiously Funny!

Had this allegation of Indian support for Taliban been true, there would have been absolutely no reluctance on the part of US gov't to confront India.
- The allegation implies India supports the very people who kill American troops. Why is US gov't silent if this is true?
- Also, the Afghan gov't would throw India out of the country as Taliban threaten the existence of the current gov't and routinely target gov't employees in addition to ANA. Why is the Afghan gov't silent?

This allegation defies all logic and is pure sensational journalism.

Actually it makes perfect sense.

India supporting the Pakistani Taliban, destabilization, and America has a reason to shoot up the area. That's only one angle.

The US on its part sees the bigger picture. It is not necessarily a given that you can lump Pakistani Taliban with Afghani Taliban. A Pakistani Taliban actually helps the US in some ways since it is easier to point fingers at where the Afghani violence is coming from. There's a whole host of reasons.

As for the Afghan government throwing India out of the country :rofl: This is the Northern Alliance, and nationalist goals of Afghanistan! Duh! They'd love to see a Greater Afghanistan brought about through the destabilization of the western frontier. India's help is greatly appreciated by them in this regard.

Well, all i'm hoping for is that our government pushes with this and makes a clear case out of it, dig up the truth and for once, make sure we do not become the scapegoat or black sheep.

Be careful - these same 'intel officials' also accuse Pakistan of complicity with the Taliban ...

Yes but the biased indian loving south asian experts are worse.

It would be in US best interst to get rid of India's prescence in Afghanistan, that'll be the only way for Pakistan's total focus to be on this war on terror, and that's the only way we we can win this war.

Just a few days ago, Taliban threatened to fight anti-india groups, its obvious taliban are getting support from India.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/war-terror/21846-taliban-threatens-anti-india-groups.html

Taliban captors kill abducted Indian in Afghanistan
Feb 9th, 2009 | By Sindh Today | Category: India

Chennai, Feb 9 (IANS) Simon Paramanathan alias Srinivasan, 38, an Indian who worked with an Italian company in Afghanistan’s Herat zone and was abducted in October last year, has been killed by his Taliban captors, officials and his family said Monday.

A terse press statement from the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs said “…the abducted Indian national Simon Paramananthan…died…in (the) custody of his abductors…His (Simon’s) family in India has been informed.”

Vasanti Paramanathan, the victim’s 35-year-old widow, confirmed the tidings from their home in Kallakurichi in Tamil Nadu, 230 km south of the state capital here.

“We have been informed by officials in Afghanistan that my husband Simon was murdered yesterday (Sunday) night. Enquiries by my brother-in-law Subramanian also elicited the same response,” Vasanti told IANS over phone.

According to Vasanti, her husband Paramanathan who converted to Christianity when they were married a few years ago, was murdered on two counts - the first being non-payment of a ransom of $50,000 and the second - he was a Christian.

“Simon’s employers, an Italian company, kept on delaying the negotiation process and now he is dead. I really do not know when I would see his mortal remains,” Vasanti added.

Paramanathan was kidnapped Oct 13 last year and the Indian government had been continuously negotiating for his release.

Vasanti hoped that the Tamil Nadu government would provide her with some financial relief.

Taliban captors kill abducted Indian in Afghanistan | Sindh Today

In the view of the above news, I am not sure if India is/was supporting Taliban. I am no expert on these matters and rely on reports too! :)

Excellent find. At least someone is talking about this "Reality" that everyone is familiar with, yet they refrain from talking about it openly. It's frustrating to see that our Government has made arrests which have lead to the capture of so many RAW agents but somehow those stories stay on the news for a day or two and then they disappear. There's no reason to think that those captured agents wouldn't have had connections with the Taliban and foreign fighters in Pakistan.

I've been saying this again and again and I'll say it one more time, Pakistan SHOULD bring out these agents to the rest of the world's attention and provide them as evidence for India's terror campaign against Pakistan.

It'll only make our case stronger. About time already! *Sigh*

By the way, why don't we start distributing this to all the major media outlets in Pakistan.

Email the story to all the news desks with the highlighted portion and this headline. :D

Taliban captors kill abducted Indian in Afghanistan
Feb 9th, 2009 | By Sindh Today | Category: India

Chennai, Feb 9 (IANS) Simon Paramanathan alias Srinivasan, 38, an Indian who worked with an Italian company in Afghanistan’s Herat zone and was abducted in October last year, has been killed by his Taliban captors, officials and his family said Monday.

A terse press statement from the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs said “…the abducted Indian national Simon Paramananthan…died…in (the) custody of his abductors…His (Simon’s) family in India has been informed.”

Vasanti Paramanathan, the victim’s 35-year-old widow, confirmed the tidings from their home in Kallakurichi in Tamil Nadu, 230 km south of the state capital here.

“We have been informed by officials in Afghanistan that my husband Simon was murdered yesterday (Sunday) night. Enquiries by my brother-in-law Subramanian also elicited the same response,” Vasanti told IANS over phone.

According to Vasanti, her husband Paramanathan who converted to Christianity when they were married a few years ago, was murdered on two counts - the first being non-payment of a ransom of $50,000 and the second - he was a Christian.

“Simon’s employers, an Italian company, kept on delaying the negotiation process and now he is dead. I really do not know when I would see his mortal remains,” Vasanti added.

Paramanathan was kidnapped Oct 13 last year and the Indian government had been continuously negotiating for his release.

Vasanti hoped that the Tamil Nadu government would provide her with some financial relief.

Taliban captors kill abducted Indian in Afghanistan | Sindh Today

In the view of the above news, I am not sure if India is/was supporting Taliban. I am no expert on these matters and rely on reports too! :)

uhuh - and how many Pakistani soldiers and civilians have been killed by the Taliban? How many suicide bombings targeted ISI employees in 2007?

I dare say there is a stronger case, using your logic, against Pakistan supporting the Taliban, then there is against India doing so.

This is also the reason behind the latest statement from Pranab Mukherjee calling Talibaans the evil terrorists etc! NOW he wakes up to find this out??? Curiously Funny!

Actually I'm sure Pranab Mukherjee knows full well who is supporting the Pakistani Taliban.

He's playing the woman in this scenario. Make as much noise decrying the outrageousness of the situation in front of the media, then secretly supply, support, and export terrorism to Pakistan covertly.

It seems Pakistan and the US know his game.

Email the story to all the news desks with the highlighted portion and this headline

Yes, please do.

Headline should be 'India overcomes PA to implement sharia in swat'

:)

How do I get the icon for the Indian flag ????

Yes, please do.

Headline should be 'India overcomes PA to implement sharia in swat'

:)

How do I get the icon for the Indian flag ????

What does that have to do with this thread?

No Indian flag icon.

By the way, why don't we start distributing this to all the major media outlets in Pakistan.

Email the story to all the news desks with the highlighted portion and this headline. :D

Why? To confuse your already confused countrymen further, and distract them from the real problem at hand?

No seriously, AM, you are correct.
If someone like you or any other person with good understanding and comprehension of the English language or Urdu language for that matter could send a dozen emails or so to major media outlets in Pakistan, that would be great, atleast we'd be doing our best to spread out the word and make Pakistan's case stronger, as with this, Pakistan can only gain momentum and confidence, and that's exactly what we need in these times.

Why? To confuse your already confused countrymen further, and distract them from the real problem at hand?

Oh of course not.

To ensure that Pakistanis are made aware of US duplicity and Indian support for terrorism in Pakistan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom