What's new

India Supporting Taliban-US Intel Official

uhuh - and how many Pakistani soldiers and civilians have been killed by the Taliban? How many suicide bombings targeted ISI employees in 2007?

I dare say there is a stronger case, using your logic, against Pakistan supporting the Taliban, then there is against India doing so.

I understand you POV, but what I am saying is, if infact, we had a nexus with taliban, we wouldnt be dilly-dallying for 5 months over the release of an indian citizen, captured by Taliban, who was finally executed. And this isnt a one of case either.

- Please don't refer to Pakistan that way. I'm sure members on this forum will not like it.....

I did not! Its INDIA whose the mutt with the ticks up its @sshole! :rofl:

Are you saying that India is the mutt, and Pakistan is its @sshole???

Please, please, I beg you....

okay, got to run ladies....been nice playing with you.

LOL.

It's very much in India's interests to even be supporting the Pakistani Taliban. Whatever you might think, India would love to see Pakistan break in half. A weakened Pakistan would suit it nicely.

- Please don't refer to Pakistan that way. I'm sure members on this forum will not like it.....

You are the one who tarted this - I think the reference was clearly to India, but what bee got up your bonnet to get offended over a remark directed at India. You aren't Indian origin are you?

As for dogs chasing tails, perhaps you should direct that at said US intel. official.

Its stupid to consider that India would support Taliban. The idea is outrageous. I will not however deny that India has used Afghanistan to cause ..trouble.. in Pakistan, but that is not via using Taliban.

It is in India's supreme interest to see the last Talib dead and the network wiped out. You are blind if you think India is supporting Taliban in any manner possible.
It is not in India's interest to see SWAT type of areas come under Sharia or the Pakistani govt fold under their pressure at all.

Your trying to grasp at straws to implicate India and Taliban here.

Whilst you agree that your RAW is brewing trouble from within Afghanistan for Pakistan and yet you disagree that they would be arming or using the trouble-maker Talibaans or Baluchistan Liberation Front to do the job? Did I miss your point? :cheesy:

Are you saying that India is the mutt, and Pakistan is its @sshole???

Please, please, I beg you....

okay, got to run ladies....been nice playing with you.

Sure Go Chase you own tail now poodle boy! Hope you catch the tick up your rear pretty soon though! Round & Round you Go! Ciao Amigos!

Wow. Look at the number of "Thanks" to the original post. Its like the whole of defence.pk was waiting with bated breath to blame India for their problems, and they pounced on the first tiny scrap, albeit just a mirage.

Last edited:
Wow. Look at the number of "Thanks" to the original post. Its like the whole of defence.pk was waiting for baited breath to blame India for their problems, and they pounced on the first tiny scrap, albeit just a mirage.

Mirage? Almost every 'report' blaming Pakistan for supporting the Taliban has the stamp of similar 'anonymous intel. officials'.

I'd say this is in the same grain.

Thanks for all the thanks ya'll.:D

^Sure. Even I can produce "credible sources" claiming that global warming is a myth.

However, as the "Update" to the article says, the experts who wrote back said that there is no evidence to that effect.

The point is, believe what you want to. Sharia is progressive, ain't it?

What is this, some cheap revenge for India blaming Pak for Mumbai? We'll know soon enough how many will take these claims seriously. I'm guessing that only the Pakistani media will come out all-guns-blazing.

LOL.

It's very much in India's interests to even be supporting the Pakistani Taliban. Whatever you might think, India would love to see Pakistan break in half. A weakened Pakistan would suit it nicely.

No it would not. If Pakistan breaks, then its nuclear weapons would also might get loose or divided, depending on where they are stored-and most likely they are stored at major points all over the country.

It is not in India's interest to see Pakistan break again, but it is in India's interest to see a militarily weakened Pakistan. Again, i reiterate, this is just grasping at straws. India does foment trouble in Pakistan, but its not through Taliban, not at all. The extended report flint quoted also says the same thing.

If you guys still want to believe, India is in cahoots with Taliban, then your free to believe what you may, doesnt change a thing.

as i have always said, pakistani talibans are different than those of afghan talibans. both have got different motives and both have got different sources. pakistani talibans who are fighting PA have got to do nothign with afghan talibans. u can simply figure that out by looking at their actions. have u ever seen afghan talibans blowin up schools or slaughterin ppl in open etc???
so those who are sayin US will not let india support pakistani talibans are wrong. US is not concerned about pakistani talibans. that is y US doesnt target mahsud and ppl fightin PA bec they are of no harm to US troops.
coming to the conspiracy theory, this will however make it easier for US to go to UN and ask for permission to go and pick up pak nuclear war heads as they are a threat to world due to increasing taliban activity in pakistan. Also US can simply put the blame on pakistan referring to wat is happenin there and escape the humiliation. also instable balochistan will not allow china to enter warm waters which is neither in the interest of US nor india.
insurgency in pakistan is in everyone's interest except pakistan herself and china.

^Sure. Even I can produce "credible sources" claiming that global warming is a myth.

However, as the "Update" to the article says, the experts who wrote back said that there is no evidence to that effect.

What is this, some cheap revenge for India blaming Pak for Mumbai? We'll know soon enough how many will take these claims seriously. I'm guessing that only the Pakistani media will come out all-guns-blazing.

it didnt say no evidence, it said very little evidence is there. and that is also bec inteligence agencies have so far not been told to look into this side of the story.

As I pointed out earlier-muted criticism of the Indian role in Afghanistan has been present in other analysis by Western experts as well.

But in this case we actually have a US intelligence official making some very strong claims largely in line with consistent Pakistani accusations of Indian involvement. One South Asia expert contested this, the intelligence official did not retract his claims. I also pointed out earlier that there are some Western experts who also have contradicted similar reports on Pakistani institutional involvement with the taliban.

I do not believe the Western media will pick up this story because it just doesn't fit in with US strategic objectives in the region - it is India that is being courted as a strategic partner and an ostensible counterweight to China, not Pakistan.

I have no clue why this US intelligence official would be seeking 'cheap revenge' from India over its accusations on Mumbai ... perhaps you can elaborate.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom