What's new

India supporting "Terrorists" in Afghanistan against Pakistan

It's funny how....

If a source makes an anti India statement then it's the holy truth
and,
If the same source makes an anti Pakistan statement then its a lie - Panetta as defense secretary said a lot about Pakistan - which must surely was false because they were anti Pakistan.

:lol:

me personally, i dont disagree with everything Panetta has said (either as Def. Min. or CIA Chief). . .

but then again, the latter has often contradicted himself; and making contradictory statements (whether it be to students of NDU or members of senates armed forces committee or press briefing at white house or whatever) is all it takes to undermine your credibility (like many of our ministers like our brilliant interior minister)

by the way --- i don't think Hagel said this statement in order to "please" Pakistan or be "anti india" --he's merely stating something that is so obvious and something that any informed person would know already anyways

even your PM Singh seemed to tacitcly acknowledge india's nefarious activities in Southwestern Pakistan when he accepted a Dossier from Pakistan during a summit @ Sharm El Sheikh --a dossier which described said activities

Pakistanis seem to have lost comprehension skills..

a review of the clip showed Hagel did not use the word 'terror' or 'terrorism' anywhere. Instead, he seemed to suggest India's massive financing of rebuilding — which New Delhi is glad to acknowledge — was causing difficulties for Pakistan, which by Afghanistan's own account, has been ceaseless in sponsoring terrorism in the country.

And it's not exactly Pakistanis who portray to be snow-white.... nothing to do with errrr ....clean and dry cream. !! :eek:

me personally, i dont disagree with everything Panetta has said (either as Def. Min. or CIA Chief). . .

but then again, the latter has often contradicted himself; and making contradictory statements (whether it be to students of NDU or members of senates armed forces committee or press briefing at white house or whatever) is all it takes to undermine your credibility (like many of our ministers like our brilliant interior minister)

by the way --- i don't think Hagel said this statement in order to "please" Pakistan or be "anti india" --he's merely stating something that is so obvious and something that any informed person would know already anyways

even your PM Singh seemed to tacitcly acknowledge india's nefarious activities in Southwestern Pakistan when he accepted a Dossier from Pakistan during a summit @ Sharm El Sheikh --a dossier which described said activities

This is a surprise!! - so now you guys have gone down to the level that you accept anti Pakistani statements made by Panetta just to prove this guy's allegations are true as well. :woot:

That's a quick change of heart compared to what was said in those Panetta threads.

Problem with Indians is that they come here and say Afghans, Bangles don't love you everyone know how much neighboring countries are feed up of India...... Every neighbor hates India..... Afghans we know them better then Indians....

This is a surprise!! - so now you guys have gone down to the level that you accept anti Pakistani statements made by Panetta just to prove this guy's allegations are true as well. :woot:

That's a quick change of heart compared to what was said in those Panetta threads.

LOLLL;
Nothing stands on shifting sands! :azn:

Indian Friends need to review this information and must ask Indian government to offer some straight forward answers -- not just for the cause of peace but to offer correction from a path that can bring great harm to India and her interests -- additionally, this information will cause even greater problems for Mr. Hagel and the Obama adinistration:

'India financed problems for Pakistan' from Afghanistan: Chuck Hagel

February 26, 2013

While some in Pakistan have for long been crying hoarse over growing Indian subversive activities in Pakistan through Afghanistan, the latest confirmation of this came from US defence secretary nominee Senator Chuck Hagel who in a previously unreleased video suggested that India has over the years “financed problems for Pakistan on that side of the border

Hagel in a talk on Afghanistan at the Cameron University in Oklahoma in 2011 said that India has been using Afghanistan as a second front against Pakistan. “India has over the years financed problems for Pakistan on that side of the border, and you can carry that into many dimensions

The 2011 video had not been released previously, and only came to light after it was uploaded on to video sharing website by Washington Free Beacon.

Hagel was nominated by President Barack Obama in January to replace US defence secretary Leon Panetta. He is due to hear a verdict on on his confirmation by the US Senate on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, the Indian Embassy in Washington has decried Hagel’s statement. An Indian embassy spokesperson told the Washington Free Beacon that Hagel’s statement was not grounded in “reality”.

“Such comments attributed to Senator Hagel, who has been a long-standing friend of India and a prominent votary of close India-US relations, are contrary to the reality of India’s unbounded dedication to the welfare of the Afghan people,” the spokesperson said.

“India’s commitment to a peaceful, stable and prosperous Afghanistan is unwavering, and this is reflected in our significant assistance to Afghanistan in developing its economy, infrastructure and institutional capacities.”

The spokesperson, seeking to dispel the notion that India may have sponsored terrorism, added that “India’s development assistance has been deeply appreciated by the people and the Government of Afghanistan, and by our friends around the world, including the United States,” and that “We [India] do not view our engagement with Afghanistan as a zero sum game.”

“India and the United States have a shared perspective and a deep convergence of interests for ensuring peace and stability in Afghanistan,” the spokesperson added. “We will continue to work to help the Afghan people build a peaceful, prosperous, democratic and inclusive future for themselves in an environment free from terror and intimidation.”

”Our opposition to terrorism and its safe havens in our neighborhood is firm and unshakeable,” the statement added.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what he really meant - what he actually said was that India financed development and infrastructure in Afghanistan - which was a problem for Pakistan.

Pakistanis seem to have lost comprehension skills..

a review of the clip showed Hagel did not use the word 'terror' or 'terrorism' anywhere. Instead, he seemed to suggest India's massive financing of rebuilding — which New Delhi is glad to acknowledge — was causing difficulties for Pakistan, which by Afghanistan's own account, has been ceaseless in sponsoring terrorism in the country.

You guys wanna bet that may be soon he will be releasing a statement on the lines of my post?

Upto maximum chuck will withdraw his statement but everybody knows the reality and nothing is new here.Both nations do this.
Pakistanis do that in kashmir,punjab and in indian north east.so why crying here if india do that?

Panetta is different person then Hagel don't compare both statements.....

Selective reading, nit picks and all other can be contributed to your esteemed comprehension skills....may be the SAND did get into your eyes and you missed this line.
but then again, the latter has often contradicted himself; and making contradictory statements.

When on earth Pakistani start to believe americans????

This is a live example of your own words "experts in selective whitening creams" :cheesy:

When the likes of TOI or IBN reports this.....what choice do you or rather the Indians have. :azn:

If terrorists from Pakistan infiltrate into India, IA is capable to deal with them. We will respond as required. I have no mercy for terrorists.

No doubts, agreed.
Now you are acting like spokesperson of Non Pashtuns.

But yes, i agree China, Pakistan, Iran all want a stable peaceful Afghanistan. We Indians also want a peaceful Afghanistan. But funding terrorists of TTP and BLA to smash Pakistan. Is this the right thing we Indians are doing? Looks like we are sowing seeds of bad blood that will harm India-Pak relations in future.

Well......what do you have to say about the blood our brothers have lost to the terror attacks sponcersed by Pakistan?

The blood of innocent Pakistanis killed by TTP and BLA is on the hands of India. Not something i am proud of.

Would you be proud if no action is taken in regard to the innocent Indian lives lost?

You are right. Indians have sufficient assets in Afghanistan as well as Pakistan for NOW. But will those assets still be there after US withdrawal? I see Pakistan military wiping out Indian assets easily after NATO leaves Afghanistan.

I dont agree. I'm sure there is a plan put in place but that is for time to say so let's wait an watch.

its very sad, COWBOY just have dumped inda over pakistan?:lol:

How old are you? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom