What's new

India: the US doormat into Asia?

Clearly I have hit a raw nerve on this point for you Indians. I must however point out that abusive ad hominem attacks on me do not add any gravitas to your assertions. I stand by my assertion that when push comes to shove India is with America. No doubt you will remember that Indians voted against Iran at the UN
Ignore the personal attacks..........................And yes , you have hit a raw nerve for us , Indians, by calling us an "American Proxy".............
You should understand that India is a big enough nation to have the right to say no.......................Forced co-operation is usually a result of a favour, which we owed during the Nuclear Deal...............We had to return it, thus we were forced to side with US.
But once the favour was repayed we sided with Iran in many issues as you have seen......

Ignore the personal attacks..........................And yes , you have hit a raw nerve for us , Indians, by calling us an "American Proxy".............
You should understand that India is a big enough nation to have the right to say no.......................Forced co-operation is usually a result of a favour, which we owed during the Nuclear Deal...............We had to return it, thus we were forced to side with US.
But once the favour was repayed we sided with Iran in many issues as you have seen......

Contrary to what some of you may think my views I do not see India as the problem but America. Our leaders against the wishes of our people have allowed this interloper to interfere in the past.

I am concerned that just as our leaders have learned a lesson the hard way it would appear that your govt and some of you see an India-America tie up as good for the region and may have to learn the hard way.

Imo and what would be best is to fully towards SCO and resolve our issues without any American involvement

Clearly I have hit a raw nerve on this point for you Indians. I must however point out that abusive ad hominem attacks on me do not add any gravitas to your assertions. I stand by my assertion that when push comes to shove India is with America. No doubt you will remember that Indians voted against Iran at the UN
and sitting behind a screen you have doled yourself a certificate of accomplishing the thing which you are always on the hunt for make your statement look so silly.

Well if your English is not poor then what is stopping you to understand the context it has been written in? Is it a delibrate attempt to show it to the members of neighbouring country that Pakistan is their friend and not India?
My assertions are based on what I have pointed out earlier but you simply choose not to answer, go on now your assertions is completely incorrect because the you failed to read the conculsion of the author whom you respect yourself. Which was
The sliver of light between India and the US on China gives hope that India has not fully renounced its commitments to multilateralism and to regionalism. It is not yet the doormat of US ambitions.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/iranian-defence/188191-india-us-doormat-into-asia.html#ixzz1yEjJvDKR

Voting against Iran was known to Iran before hand, India has voted against three times in the past you know why?

Because of this (the link below), the year was 1968 have they rescind the treaty recently?

List of parties to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Clearly you are averse to even googling when it is free for all and you interpret based on what? what does it make you Mr Aryan?

Well if your English is not poor then what is stopping you to understand the context it has been written in? Is it a delibrate attempt to show it to the members of neighbouring country that Pakistan is their friend and not India?

All I ask our Iranian (anti Zionist) mates to do is to read the comments not by me but by Indians on this thread and make their own mind where Indian loyalties lie:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...zionism-hurdles-peace-democracy-scholars.html

It is Indian posters on here who in their own words explain to us Hindutava etc

It wont do any harm for Iranians to read these as well:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/187420-india-likes-israel-most-after-us-uk-embassy.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...o-israel-defence-ties-will-remain-secret.html

All I ask our Iranian (anti Zionist) mates to do is to read the comments not by me but by Indians on this thread and make their own mind where Indian loyalties lie:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...zionism-hurdles-peace-democracy-scholars.html

It is Indian posters on here who in their own words explain to us Hindutava etc

It wont do any harm for Iranians to read these as well:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/187420-india-likes-israel-most-after-us-uk-embassy.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...o-israel-defence-ties-will-remain-secret.html
Spot on, so you understood the context, ignored it, and now what you are doing is pure propaganda. Is this not what you blame the west for, hypocrisy seems to be the best tool you employ.. anyways, all the best convincing the Iranian memebers here..

Spot on, so you understood the context, ignored it, and now what you are doing is pure propaganda. Is this not what you blame the west for, hypocrisy seems to be the best tool you employ.. anyways, all the best convincing the Iranian memebers here..

They can make their own minds up. India allies itself with Israel and America who both are Pakistan and Iran's enemies. I rest my case

They can make their own minds up. India allies itself with Israel and America who both are Pakistan and Iran's enemies. I rest my case
Trying to create chasm between countries seems to have failed many a times and is bound to fail when the motives are ulterior.

Ignore the personal attacks..........................
Dude, first learn the meaning of personal attacks.

This network has created anxiety in Beijing. When Panetta was in Delhi, India's Foreign Minister S M Krishna was in China for the Shanghai Cooperation Organization meeting. Chinese Vice Premier Li Keqiang took Krishna aside and told him that the real relationship of the 21st century was not between the US and India, but between India and China. Krishna was forced to agree, pointing out that India and China share "one of the most important bilateral relationships in the world".

It would be a disaster for Asia if India were to fully adopt the US perspective, which is not to build peace in the region but to use its military force multiplier to contain Chinese economic ambitions.

The sliver of light between India and the US on China gives hope that India has not fully renounced its commitments to multilateralism and to regionalism. It is not yet the doormat of US ambitions.

These parts are quite fascinating.Its gonna be really interesting to see how this game plays out slowly over our lifetime.

It is said that in a tussle between 3 powers,its always beneficial to be the one in the middle.I have full faith in India's foreign policy-makers that they will manage to achieve this, atleast till India also starts to challenge and eventually overtake US and China.

Back
Top Bottom