What's new

India third largest investor and generate more jobs in UK

^^^^
Yeah right, More bs. The MBA is an American thing. They invented it. Most top bankers in London didn't even go to graduate school (too busy making money) and Oxbridge is enough for them.

What part of acquisition am I wrong?? Companies don't issue debt or equity in acquisitions???

^^^^
Yeah right, More bs. The MBA is an American thing. They invented it. Most top bankers in London didn't even go to graduate school (too busy making money) and Oxbridge is enough for them.

What part of acquisition am I wrong?? Companies don't issue debt or equity in acquisitions???

First, about the leverages: 20 to 1. These kinds of acquisitions are of only of LBO, MBO and private equity kind. Majority of acquisitions and big acquisitions have far less leverage ratio. Second, raising debt or equity is not easy. Reputations matters when deals are in billions of dollars. There no such thing as ‘free lunch’ in financial world. Everything is hard earned

Indian math. When a company buys another company it issues bonds or gets syndicated loans or issues stock, the leverage is 20 to 1 or more. The actually equity is very little. Your media is known to exaggerate and use made up figures that defy logic.

That makes sense, no company will buyout just purely using reserves of its own. Tata Steel's Reserves at 31st March 06 was 2.177 Billion USD, its reserves at the end of 31st March 07 was 2.99 Billion. Its reserves purely will not be able to take on the whole purchase, an SPV (special purpose vehicle for the non finance readers) was setup incorporated in the UK under Tata Steel UK to take on the deal. It appears the deal was finance by major foreign banks with the financing of debt performed by cash flows from Corus's operations

How they pooled to clinch the Corus deal

The banks would have loaned the money easily anyway since the loans were secured by a combination of assets from both Corus and Tata Steel

But your knowledge of acquisitions is very minimal. Anyway where did you do you MBA?
According to FT, London Business School is ranked number 1 in the world

hey man an offtopic question but i am planning to do mba after my engg. i heard LBS takes only those student who have atlest three year work experience is it true ????

hey man an offtopic question but i am planning to do mba after my engg. i heard LBS takes only those student who have atlest three year work experience is it true ????

Yes, you are rigth; however, the average experience is around 5.5 years

Yes, you are rigth; however, the average experience is around 5.5 years

then i will be atleast 28 years old. is there any options to join directly after my graduation.

First, about the leverages: 20 to 1. These kinds of acquisitions are of only of LBO, MBO and private equity kind. Majority of acquisitions and big acquisitions have far less leverage ratio. Second, raising debt or equity is not easy. Reputations matters when deals are in billions of dollars. There no such thing as ‘free lunch’ in financial world. Everything is hard earned

You really know so little, it's amazing. Very few companies have the cash for multi-billion dollar acquisitions, certainly not Indian ones, who I assume are highly leveraged already.

You really know so little, it's amazing. Very few companies have the cash for multi-billion dollar acquisitions, certainly not Indian ones, who I assume are highly leveraged already.

What do you think? India is in Stone ages? India is 10 largest economy in the world and 4th by PPP and growing at a rate of 8-9% per annum. Unlike China where large companies are under the government surveillance, India has vibrant private sector and one of the world’s most sophisticated financial systems. Unlike China, the growth in India is private sector driven.

Please go through the post #48 by Anonymous user

The link provided by Anonymous user details the Tata Corus deal

Largest Indian employer.

Largest employers in England.

17 Tesco 1 3 630 240,000
4 HSBC 2 2 810 169,858
45 Kingfisher 3 13 527 134,061
9 British Telecommunications 4 6 673 132,100
53 Invensys 5 4 253 121,683
43 Sainsbury (J) 6 7 630 116,946
3 GlaxoSmithKline 7 480 108,201
2 BP Amoco 8 9 78 98,000
31 British American Tobacco 9 8 490 86,805
8 Lloyds TSB 10 11 810 85,847
46 Bass 11 15 539 85,624
54 Boots Company 12 10 527 84,695
7 Royal Bank of Scotland 13 810 83,300
91 Safeway 14 630 80,710
52 Marks & Spencer 15 527 75,657
12 CGNU 16 840 72,749
10 Barclays 17 12 810 72,300
140 Tomkins 18 19 267 70,039
13 Diageo 19 20 416 66,668
73 British Airways 20 591 65,157

FT.com - Special Reports / FT500

Rubbish, this stat is a decade old.

UK 500 largest employers
Published: May 10 2001 15:09GMT | Last Updated: May 25 2001
11:09GMT

I think the journalists should be shot. Its good to see India making progress but I think the journalist just want the Indian people to have a few orgasms. Matter of fact, I doubt the claim that Indians are the 3rd largest investors in UK.

Learn to use sane language.

What do you think? India is in Stone ages? India is 10 largest economy in the world and 4th by PPP and growing at a rate of 8-9% per annum. Unlike China where large companies are under the government surveillance, India has vibrant private sector and one of the world’s most sophisticated financial systems. Unlike China, the growth in India is private sector driven.

Please go through the post #48 by Anonymous user

The link provided by Anonymous user details the Tata Corus deal

Off the top, 2/3rd is debt. The remaining 1/3 is paid for with more debt and some equity. That some equity may be financed with even more debt of an even lower class. Net, net FDI from India that year was £265 million. The part in bold I won't even dignify with a response.

And what part of post #48 didn't you understand??

I wish u did masters in science in some scientific field rather than MBA...

like Master in Science in Electronics?
Mechanical?
Telecommunications??

Indian investment on the rise in the UK

The UK Government has launched a tool-kit to assist Indian companies looking to expand into the UK.

Launching the document entitled "Infinite Possibilities: A Guide to Establishing a Presence in the UK", Sir Michael Arthur, British High Commissioner to India, said: "Infinite Possibilities is a step-by-step guide produced specifically for Indian companies by UK Trade & Investment, to support them in setting up or expanding into the UK.

"Cross border investment has proven to be one of the most powerful stimulants of economic activity, presenting opportunities for exchange not just of capital, but of ideas, skills and technology. As confirmed in the recent UNCTAD world report on investment, the UK is where the world does business.

"The UK remains the number one business investment location in Europe. This guide will help better equip Indian companies to set up in the UK, with full access to the European Market from the UK bridgehead, and so compete at the highest level in the global market place."

In jointly launching the guide, President of NASSCOM, Kiran Karnik, commended Infinite Possibilities to Indian companies and said: "The growth of the Indian IT industry is built on key partnerships with the world's strongest markets, namely the UK and the US.

"The active involvement of the Indian community and its contribution to the UK economy, particularly in the IT domain, is an important fact in the creation of the strong business relationship between our two countries."

Mr Sumit Bhattacharya, Executive Vice-President at HCL Technologies BPO Services, one of India's leading investors in the UK said: "We relied on UK Trade & Investment to guide us through the critical processes during the acquisition period. They were extremely helpful and consistently proactive not only during the transaction but on an ongoing basis."

UK Trade & Investment is the UK Government organisation that provides integrated support and services to foreign businesses focused on the UK as an inward investment location and to UK companies engaged in overseas trade.

The principal aim of the inward investment team is to attract, retain and add value to investment by communicating the benefits of the UK as the first choice in Europe for potential investors. It identifies and approaches potential investors and assists them with all aspects of locating and expanding in the UK.

Indian Investment into the UK

The number of Indian businesses investing in the UK continues to increase, by 47 per cent in 2003-4, against 2002-03.

UK Trade & Investment figures show that 28 new investments from India were established in the UK in 2003-2004, creating 646 new jobs and bringing the total number of Indian companies in the UK to 480, with over 350 in the IT/Software.

This year 2004/05 continues to see increasing numbers of Indian companies setting up and expanding into the UK. Q2 project figures for which UK Trade & Investment are involved are already up 14% on 2003/04.

Latest figures also confirm the UK's position as top European investment location for Indian companies targeting the European market and beyond. 60% of India's FDI into Europe comes to the UK.

India is now the 2nd largest source of FDI into the UK from Asia in terms of projects and jobs generated and ranks among the UK's top ten Foreign Direct Investment markets

Indian investment on the rise in the UK | Blog | Blog

Back
Top Bottom