What's new

India to Build, Export T-50 Stealth Fighter by 2020

with the Help of Germany, It was sole German design that was adopted and built by India under German assistance.

:cheesy:

Just because Kurt Tank is of German Origin, doesn't mean Germany as a nation had contribution to the program.

Its like saying Nazi Germany assisted USA in Moon Rocket program as Werner Von Braun was of German origin.

You are deluding yourself. Russia will never let India control the fighter tech of this project nor dictate which nation it can sell the fighters to. If Russia ever wanted to sell PAK-FA to Pak, India can't do nothing about it. Whatever profit Russia got selling the fighters will not be shared with India. Russian also will not allow India to resell the fighters to other countries. India only gains the right to buy the fighters by funding its development.

Our friend Rafi in one of his undercover missions....:rofl:

I have been hearing about 36 J-10B to e inducted by PAF, bought on SOFT LOAN, hows the deal going ?

Last time I checked Oscar told me that Pakistan can't pay interest on those Soft loans. So instead on taking shot on Indian acquisitions, first get track of your own.

First FGFA prototype will be delivered by 2014. BTW there are 3 prototype PAK-FA and done more flight hours than J-20 and J-31, which you guys think you will get it by 2020.

so we should only comment on anything regarding India once Pakistan is able to match india in every field?

but I agree with this post that T-50 is stealth, I couldnt see it!

Pakistan is in no financial position to buy and operate any fifth gen fighters.

THEY are struggling to pay for 36 J10 and J20 is likely to cosy 3 times as much...

FIFTH GEN is for the really big boys with deep pockets

In 2013-14 India will be taking delivery of 4th Gen Rafaels, It has not yet come up with a fully functionl trainer, which India is again going to import from some other western country, Realistically would India be able to build and export 5th Gen T-50 in only 6 years time? Looking at the progress of some previous progrmas like Tejas, Kaveri, Kiran, it looks quite optimistic.

Even if India starts working on the project today just for local assembly of these aircrafts, even then I don;t think India would be able to start assembly of these aircraft by 2020.

In 2013-14 India will be taking delivery of 4th Gen Rafaels, It has not yet come up with a fully functionl trainer, which India is again going to import from some other western country, Realistically would India be able to build and export 5th Gen T-50 in only 6 years time? Looking at the progress of some previous progrmas like Tejas, Kaveri, Kiran, it looks quite optimistic.

Even if India starts working on the project today just for local assembly of these aircrafts, even then I don;t think India would be able to start assembly of these aircraft by 2020.
First of all, Rafale is 4++ gen aircraft not 4th gen. Secondly, it will be inducted starting from 2015 not 2013-2014.

Now coming to Tejas and yada yada, T-50 is joint venture with Russia and it will be based on PAK-FA, 3 prototypes already built. The Indian FGFA, MKIsed version of PAK-FA, first prototype will be delivered by 2014. So India won't be starting from scratch. Its JV like you have with China for JF-17.

Tejas, kaveri and Kiran, doesn't come in this category. I think you should read more about it. First FGFA will be inducted by 2020, about that you are right.

The article title as well as the 1st line mentions:

How does "begin production of an export variant" = "India will only get the export version"

CCP logic or CCP certified cyrptanalysis, which seems to have decoded such a coded message from the article, which rest of us are unable to see? :lol:

It means that what India build for its ac are regarded as export versions by Russians. And like usual when a new weapon comes out
The export version is the water down version. Example P8-I is the export and water down version of P8-A

@ Krait, my only point is that 6-year time period looks too optimist to start and export, assembled in India aircraft. It will take time to set up the facility, provide training, receive kits/parts, etc, etc. Not saying it can't be done, just that time frame looks unrealistic, unless work already started some years back on facility setup.

First of all, Rafale is 4++ gen aircraft not 4th gen. Secondly, it will be inducted starting from 2015 not 2013-2014.

Now coming to Tejas and yada yada, T-50 is joint venture with Russia and it will be based on PAK-FA, 3 prototypes already built. The Indian FGFA, MKIsed version of PAK-FA, first prototype will be delivered by 2014. So India won't be starting from scratch. Its JV like you have with China for JF-17.

Tejas, kaveri and Kiran, doesn't come in this category. I think you should read more about it. First FGFA will be inducted by 2020, about that you are right.

Through pro.

I AGREE IAF may not be exporting FGFA by 2020 BUT will certainly be license assembling them for the IAF in this year.

MUCH LIKE IAF SU30MKI project and soon to be JFT project in PAC pakistan

Through pro.

I AGREE IAF may not be exporting FGFA by 2020 BUT will certainly be license assembling them for the IAF in this year.

MUCH LIKE IAF SU30MKI project and soon to be JFT project in PAC pakistan

MKI wasn't a JV. It was a purchase so we were and are licence producing ( from scratch ) not assembling.

FGFA is JV. We will have equal rights. No licensing. We can produce what we want. Just we will need export nod from Russia as they will be partners too

Back
Top Bottom