What's new

India to Deploy active Nuclear Defence within 2 years.

Reaction score
India to put up a missile shield in two years' time

CNN-IBN

New Delhi: India will start putting up a missile shield in two years' time, India's top missile scientist and DRDO's Chief Controller, Dr V K Saraswat announced on Monday.

"We want to do this program in two phases. This is going to be our mainstay," said Dr Saraswat.

This is expected to blunt serious nuclear threats to India from Pakistan, China and even non-state actors.

The shield will intercept nuclear missiles fired by an enemy and will put India in the same league as the US, Russia and Israel.

Within two minutes of detection of an attack, an interceptor missile can be launched to block the enemy missile.

The first phase will enable India to intercept intermediate ballistic missiles like Pakistan's Hatf and Ghauri series, which have a range of 1,500 km.

However, the second phase appears more China-specific, capable of blocking out 5,000 km missiles.

Taliban causing a nuclear threat to India? I would be more worried about about our trigger happy neighbour before Taliban.

Pakistan will counter it.Anyway I am not worried about Indian BS.As long as Pakistan Armed Forces are united I am sure they will keep countering Indians.
Frankly, Our Citizens should not worry about Indian Defence.We have great Generals who are working hard

:rofl: Do you honestly think your "shield" will stop incoming Pakistani nukes?
What's all the excitement about. :rofl:

I guess manufacturing and exporting of terrorists is much greater invention then all the weapons or defence equipment in world..... so my friend cant stop lauhing...

Pakistan will counter it.Anyway I am not worried about Indian BS.As long as Pakistan Armed Forces are united I am sure they will keep countering Indians.
Frankly, Our Citizens should not worry about Indian Defence.We have great Generals who are working hard

Which great generals ...can u name any which made u win a war or made your country stature high in whole world???

ABM is a joke. Americans could not able to built it. how did you able to built?

Ofcourse. India is doing it for the fun of it.

I'm not trying to discredit the achievements of India's scientists, but to say that an active Nucleare defence within 2 years will be placed and working is a bit too optimistic and seems very unrealistic, perhaps too good to be true?
The first thing is placing and operating these things, the 2nd is to see them actually working, which I highly doubt, but you cannot blame me, I do not doubt it because I am Pakistani, but because it simply doesn't seem achievable at all, but who am I to say this? We'll see how it goes, if it works, hat's off and Pakistan better be working on something that can counter it.

I'm not trying to discredit the achievements of India's scientists, but to say that an active Nucleare defence within 2 years will be placed and working is a bit too optimistic and seems very unrealistic, perhaps too good to be true?
They said that only Phase 1 would be in working, which implies that in 2 years time, Phase 1 of the program would be complete, ready to be deployed.

Phase 2 would only be done by 2014-15. It would get deployed after that.
Pakistan better be working on something that can counter it.
Pakistan can already counter it. Every ABM system can be countered by simply flooding the missiles. That doesnt mean that ABM systems should not be pursued. Technology keeps developing. Even if they dont guarentee 100% pk, they still have TREMENDOUS deterrence value. Thats where its true value lies.

This is a bunch of crap...

"He said the new guidance system in the missile allowed it to tackle the maneuvers of enemy's incoming missile and could be used against the Russian Topol M class of missiles, which move in a zig-zag manner."

it's impossible to hit a missile armed with a warhead that maneuvers, let alone the Russian Topol M class ICBM's. hitting any ballistic missile is nearly impossible, even for all the computing power and radar/satellite tracking power of the US. again, we have to listen to this DRDO crap, let's just wait and see what happens.

the only practical and viable option is to hit a missile in its launch/boost phase. there were two plans to do this, one was the Reagan era's Star Wars "brilliant pebbles" and the other is or was the recent ABL or Air borne laser. Both of these plans have turned out to be wet dreams.

these guys are dreaming if they think that they can hit a two-stage (soon to be three) missile with a maneuverable warhead. you can't compute and predict its trajectory if it keeps on changing its flight path, direction and speed. it's said that hitting a missile can be compared to hitting a bullet with a bullet. even Shaheen 1 is more than enough.

I suggest people take this with a pinch of salt.

Jihad said:

Absolutely, who ever made that statement; how about 5 or 10 years... I think that sounds much more reasonable. We can't put ourselves down but on the other hand, we cannot over estimate ourselves.

it's impossible

huh? what'd you say? I'm sorry but I'm INDIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mwalam said:
ABM is a joke. Americans could not able to built it. how did you able to built?

Haha I love how every Pakistani thinks... if the US cannot do it, no other country can.. Great motivation for your scientists there ^^

I agree US is very advanced but there are plenty of great scientists in both INDIA and PAKISTAN. Don't put your own country down mate.

India to put up a missile shield in two years' time

CNN-IBN

New Delhi: India will start putting up a missile shield in two years' time, India's top missile scientist and DRDO's Chief Controller, Dr V K Saraswat announced on Monday.

"We want to do this program in two phases. This is going to be our mainstay," said Dr Saraswat.

This is expected to blunt serious nuclear threats to India from Pakistan, China and even non-state actors.

The shield will intercept nuclear missiles fired by an enemy and will put India in the same league as the US, Russia and Israel.

Within two minutes of detection of an attack, an interceptor missile can be launched to block the enemy missile.

The first phase will enable India to intercept intermediate ballistic missiles like Pakistan's Hatf and Ghauri series, which have a range of 1,500 km.

However, the second phase appears more China-specific, capable of blocking out 5,000 km missiles.

5,000km? New Delhi is only a few hundred kms from Tibet, why would we waste 5,000km missiles. This article is useless.

Back
Top Bottom