What's new

India to give its borders more muscles

CorporateAffairs

Reaction score
Country
India
Massive muscles to borders

New Delhi: The Indian Army's proposal for a Mountain Strike Corps to add depth to its defence in Arunachal Pradesh is expected to reach the Cabinet Committee on Security soon, sources said on Wednesday. The new Corps will add one lakh men to the existing force structure and cost more than Rs 60,000 crore.

Once passed by the committee, its budgetary clearance is likely to be done next April when the 12th Plan allocations are made.

But the Army's hopes for a division of at least 10,000 men in Ladakh is likely to meet with disappointment. Sources told CNN-IBN that it may only get an infantry brigade of around 5,000 men.

They added that no increase is expected in artillery numbers with new acquisitions derailed by various investigations.

However, plans to increase the number of tank regiments in Ladakh are underway and the under-construction Nyoma airfield will greatly improve mobility and logistics. At some point the Air Force will station its top-of-the-line fighters in Nyoma.

Army Commander Lt Gen Ravi Dastane said, "Roads give me mobility, new military stations, habitat for my troops, training areas. I think nothing can be more important and that we should focus on that. We need to train our personnel."

Meanwhile Minister of State, Defence, Pallam Raju has downplayed the threat from China, saying, "I don't think we need to be particularly alarmed about the China border. As per the security threat assessment, we are taking adequate measures."

(Follow IBNLive.com on Facebook, on Twitter, on YouTube, and on Google+ for updates that you can share with your friends.)

Indian Army to add 1 lakh men on China border - India News - IBNLive

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Special Mountain strike corps :enjoy: :victory:

Well raising new army divisions is ok but we need to seriously think about inducting new Artillery Guns to support these divisions
our current stock of 480 155mm and 550 130mm Guns supported by 62 SMERCH and 80 PINAKA MBRL might be enough for Pakistan , but not china

From what i know is that Army wants each of the 6 New Mountain divisions comprising 36000+90000 soldiers , to be equipped with a Squadron of Attack Helis and 2 Atillery Regiment comprising 21 guns each and 1 Tank Regiment comprising 60+ tanks each

While 2 mountain Divisions currently in the process of being raised will Start receiving ALH Rudra for 36 Helis in total , starting September 2012 , while The new Mountain Strike corp will have to do with ALH Rudra and Apache Longbow Comprising 60 Helis in total and to be augmented by by LCH Starting 2016
India Has deployed upgraded T-72 Ajeya in support of 2 Mountain divisions , while The New Strike corp will receive some 300 T-90M Starting 2014
The 140 ALH Dhruvs and 80 Mi17 and 15 Heavy lift Helis that we are inducting between 2011-15 should take care of the utility Heli requirement of these Divisions , as well as replace the 120 odd Chetak/Cheetah and 40 Mi 8 that will retire

But the Problem still is the Artillery
India will require around 250-300 Ultra Light M777 Howitzers to provide adequate teeth to these Divisions , While Antony is Busy SCREWING UP Artillery acquisition and Submarine induction programmes
Frankly even Indian High court judge who admitted the plea of ST Kinetics to screw up the M777 FMS Deal need to be kicked in the nuts

they will use them

13601_bat.jpg

imo Lt Gen Ravi dastane should first consult Amitab bachan whether he is willing to play the lead role or not...chances are he will decline...i can only think of Gulshan Grover who can lead the mountain strike corps but there is one hurdle in the way and that is Mr Rat....Mr Rat is the Corps Commander of Mumbai and he is working on Hotel Taj's paint job....once he is finished only then we can tell whether future pension cheques of jawans serving in ladakh would be dishonoured or not.:tup:

Oh oh.. Rickshaw driver (v. 2.0, 3.0 etc.) is back! Hurrah!

Mr. Rat is on the payroll of DRDO. Hence he will make rubber for the SU-30 MKI's. This will cause the price of rubber in the country to decrease hence causing LCA Tejas to be a three seater jet aircraft. The seat cushions will be a problem, but i am sure ISRO will oblige with cryogenic engines:tup:

Welcome back Rickshaw Driver!!

Oh oh.. Rickshaw driver (v. 2.0, 3.0 etc.) is back! Hurrah!

Mr. Rat is on the payroll of DRDO. Hence he will make rubber for the SU-30 MKI's. This will cause the price of rubber in the country to decrease hence causing LCA Tejas to be a three seater jet aircraft. The seat cushions will be a problem, but i am sure ISRO will oblige with cryogenic engines..

Welcome back Rickshaw Driver!!

He has no shame. Hiding one's nationality is the biggest insult one can do to his own country

listen sir...kindly mind your posts.....i am from mumbai.

---------- Post added at 05:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 AM ----------

your posts are not making any sense sir....are u sure tejas mk-3 would be a three seater?The Chief of IPL in an interview given to Jane magazine stated that tejas mk-3 would be a drone powered from a steam engine that would reduce its radar signals and solve the problem of fuel deficiency and dependeny indian airforce is currently facing.

Really!! But the ISRO chief recently gave a press release stating that Tejas MK-3 would be in the shape of a midget submarine fitted with anti aircraft guns. The prototype will be replete with ISRO cryogenic engines that were used in Agni-III and fitted with Prithvi Air Defence (PAD) that will ensure that any Babur cruise missiles fired at the aircraft would be shot down.:tup:

listen sir...kindly mind your posts.....i am from mumbai.

---------- Post added at 05:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 AM ----------

your posts are not making any sense sir....are u sure tejas mk-3 would be a three seater?The Chief of IPL in an interview given to Jane magazine stated that tejas mk-3 would be a drone powered from a steam engine that would reduce its radar signals and solve the problem of fuel deficiency and dependeny indian airforce is currently facing.

LOLOLOLOL!what magazine?:woot:

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Really!! But the ISRO chief recently gave a press release stating that Tejas MK-3 would be in the shape of a midget submarine fitted with anti aircraft guns. The prototype will be replete with ISRO cryogenic engines that were used in Agni-III and fitted with Prithvi Air Defence (PAD) that will ensure that any Babur cruise missiles fired at the aircraft would be shot down.:tup:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom