What's new

India to have fastest super computer soon!!

Obviously the target is to make one 61 times more powerful than the present ones ;)

The way the computer field is going and how many players are out there I wouldn't surprise at all someone will achieved that within two years.

if only had money like China, India would be doing 10x times better then China in Space, Super Computing and everything else... That is why world knows India is future. Once we have the money no-one in world can stop India from achieving the future impossible quests. (with a pint of money we can find water on moon, and we can create world's 4th fastest supercomputer in STRAIGHT 2 years!!!, and we can send probe to Mars!!!, and make world's cheapest car !! and create thorium nuclear reactors when everyone talking uranium!!!!!!! and we have the biggest knowledge source in form of centuries old vedas!!!!)

India.gif
India.gif
India.gif
India.gif

In future India would lead the mankind into the next levels of evolution. We would lead the world and create the world's fastest in much lesser time only make the funding available!

:pop:
In democracy, when huge funding happens it has to be announced. Only, security critical projects are kept a secret. I do understand your ignorance. I can only pity.

OP: Yes the next need of the hour is to improve the computing capacity. Super-computing is not invention anymore and is just a matter of logistics and economics. Each country, as per their capacity in terms of economics and logistical needs develop super computers and the race is mere metrics and means nothing per se.

Why doesn't India come out with the world's fastest computer and then make an announcement. This is just like the world's cheapest tablet for $30. Whatever happened to the Aakash?? Oh, that's right, nothing happened. Same as this.

*Facepalm*

If you're gonna troll, at least troll sensibly.

Aakash (tablet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As of yet, we are trying to give every college and university a cheap tablet. Once we achieve that, the price will be cut by half, and the upgraded model will be sold to general public.

Stupid statement, its not like other countries are going to sit there and wait. By 2017, world's fastest supercomputer will be a lot faster than what it is today.

:pop:
In democracy, when huge funding happens it has to be announced. Only, security critical projects are kept a secret. I do understand your ignorance. I can only pity.

OP: Yes the next need of the hour is to improve the computing capacity. Super-computing is not invention anymore and is just a matter of logistics and economics. Each country, as per their capacity in terms of economics and logistical needs develop super computers and the race is mere metrics and means nothing per se.

Exactly, when we fund some project, we have to announce, that's the way of democracy. Even USA announced Curiosity years before they launched it. What if it had failed? Would USA be the laughing stock?

Stupid statement, its not like other countries are going to sit there and wait. By 2017, world's fastest supercomputer will be a lot faster than what it is today.

I met a high school tech teacher who used to work in Chrysler. He says that they used to began manufacturing the 1992 car, in 1987. That's how the whole world works. What we will see 5 years from now, has been worked on and made with today's tech.

EzioAltaïr;3415591 said:
I met a high school tech teacher who used to work in Chrysler. He says that they used to began manufacturing the 1992 car, in 1987. That's how the whole world works. What we will see 5 years from now, has been worked on and made with today's tech.

Supercomputing speed has been growing exponentially. We don't know how fast the fastest super computer will be in 2017, so to claim that "We will have the fastest in 2017" is a bit stupid don't you think?

I think having a 5 year plan and goal is an excellent idea, and investing in the field is all good, but perhaps we can avoid these kinda statements till we actually achieve the target.

Supercomputing speed has been growing exponentially. We don't know how fast the fastest super computer will be in 2017, so to claim that "We will have the fastest in 2017" is a bit stupid don't you think?

I guess it's quite stupid to say so, especially when there's no guarantee that USA or China or anyone else isn't already working on something that makes today's supercomputers look like dark ages tech. I just hope by 2017 they really mean 2017, not 2030. :rolleyes:

I think having a 5 year plan and goal is an excellent idea, and investing in the field is all good, but perhaps we can avoid these kinda statements till we actually achieve the target.

EzioAltaïr;3415605 said:
I guess it's quite stupid to say so, especially when there's no guarantee that USA or China or anyone else isn't already working on something that makes today's supercomputers look like dark ages tech. I just hope by 2017 they really mean 2017, not 2030. :rolleyes:

chup karo... India will do it. if we can do 4th Best, then whats problem with 1st top?:azn: Keep the funds coming!

aiming top and working hard is always the strategy.. fruits will also be delicious!

chup karo... India will do it. if we can do 4th Best, then whats problem with 1st top?:azn: Keep the funds coming!

But this guys ubderstand that situations can change very fast. You are a blind patriots that ignores the possibility of others achievement to your own peril. are you a recent hire by DRDO?

aiming top and working hard is always the strategy.. fruits will also be delicious!

Your patriotism is irritating now. U are indian version of icewolf.

But this guys ubderstand that situations can change very fast. You are a blind patriots that ignores the possibility of others achievement to your own peril. are you a recent hire by DRDO?

Your patriotism is irritating now. U are indian version of icewolf.

yar galti hogi... hadh hai.. why you guys dont even want India to aim.. so if not first, then they should come out with a statement we are aiming the 50th Rank supercomputer in world in 2017.. happy..

they want to start a project with good intentions and OBVIOUSLY we do have the TALENT to ACHEIVE THAT when we can do the fourth best? so 1st, maybe we get 1st or 2nd or maybe 3rd that time. I say all results good for India. So am happy with this development.

Back
Top Bottom