What's new

India to integrate K-15 missiles into nuclear submarine soon

Prevent countries like Pakistan from considering a surprise attack against India by knocking out all its ground based nuclear missiles in thinking they can't retaliate.

Subs are very hard to detect and neutralize.

That is possible by diesel sub too. Your ans is true generally, but for his question specifically, no. Nuke sub is more suited for long patrolling, more suited for China.

That is a real bummer .....:tdown:

The earlier reports said it was a 80 MWe ( electrical ) reactor.

Couldn't find anything on nuke electric propulsion for ships/subs. Care to shade any light on it?

That is possible by diesel sub too. Your ans is true generally, but for his question specifically, no. Nuke sub is more suited for long patrolling, more suited for China.

When he referred to nuke sub on this thread, I believe he meant submarine with SLBMs. Why the need for such subs on a country that is practically next door.

First, get k15 ready before starting on K4. Why run before walk.
Yes agree thts why we have started walking by taking small steps like testing K15 it is just small step.
And dont worry K4 will soon come running knocking at your door .

When he referred to nuke sub on this thread, I believe he meant submarine with SLBMs. Why the need for such subs on a country that is practically next door.

Who said it's for the country next door? India has no first strike policy and use nuclear weapons only as a deterrence an the deterrence against Pakistan is already strong an available. What will be developed now, is the deterrence against China and therefore we need longer range balistic missiles like Agni V and SSBNs like Arihant class, to pose a threat against targets in east China.

Who said it's for the country next door? India has no first strike policy and use nuclear weapons only as a deterrence an the deterrence against Pakistan is already strong an available. What will be developed now, is the deterrence against China and therefore we need longer range balistic missiles like Agni V and SSBNs like Arihant class, to pose a threat against targets in east China.

Post number 30. And you can already see that I've stated in my response about Pakistan and other countries related to this.

Post number 30. And you can already see that I've stated in my response about Pakistan and other countries related to this.

I've seen on what you refered too, but you stated that it would be used against Pakistans and in first strike use and that's what I corrected, because the aim and the purpose are different.

I've seen on what you refered too, but you stated that it would be used against Pakistans and in first strike use and that's what I corrected, because the aim and the purpose are different.

I never mentioned about India using it as first strike. Read what I said in post 31.

I never mentioned about India using it as first strike. Read what I said in post 31.

Prevent countries like Pakistan from considering a surprise attack against India by knocking out all its ground based nuclear missiles

That's a first strike!

First, get k15 ready before starting on K4. Why run before walk.
Doesnt mean we should not work on K4 when we have K15 ready . We have technology ready , what we need is a strong will to run the programs .

That's a first strike!
He didnt indicate to use nuclear weapons . It will be an advanced cold start not nuclear first strike . Our policy is not to use nukes in first strike but we can do a first strike .

He didnt indicate to use nuclear weapons . It will be an advanced cold start not nuclear first strike . Our policy is not to use nukes in first strike but we can do a first strike .

The question was why a nuclear sub is needed wrt Pakistan and he replied as stated. But as I said, the SSBNs will be used as 2nd strike capability against China.

India has amended it "No First Use" policy to " No First use Against non nuclear nation"........This nuclear triad is no more just an insurance policy.....:sniper:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom