What's new

India to outpace China by 2030: US intelligence report

India is doing fine right now. The Chinese also face lot of issues. their growth is already down. if things go like this they may not overtake US now even by 2040. So problems are there for every country which wants to grow be it US, China or India. All countries need to compromise and adjust to the changing environment from time to time.

I didnt say 2025 exactly I said 2025 to 2045... giving a chance to wide range of possibilities from some unforeseen situation which brings China to very low growth or India acheives some super success if Modi becomes PM... So the odds are less at 2025 but increase from there onwards.. overall depending upon other factors it could be from 2025 to 2045... but I dont say it would happen categorically by 2025.

Let's go to where we both can agree, in that everything is up for grabs in the coming decades, and may the best country succeed.

Let's go to where we both can agree, in that everything is up for grabs in the coming decades, and may the best country succeed.

India and China will hopefully both do well.. we have millions to bring to decent living standard ( just lifting out of poverty is not enough) ... also just by sheet humanity living in both these countries it is not only natural but also unfair if both are not in top 2 economies in future.

India is doing fine right now. The Chinese also face lot of issues. their growth is already down. if things go like this they may not overtake US now even by 2040. So problems are there for every country which wants to grow be it US, China or India. All countries need to compromise and adjust to the changing environment from time to time.

I didnt say 2025 exactly I said 2025 to 2045... giving a chance to wide range of possibilities from some unforeseen situation which brings China to very low growth or India acheives some super success if Modi becomes PM... So the odds are less at 2025 but increase from there onwards.. overall depending upon other factors it could be from 2025 to 2045... but I dont say it would happen categorically by 2025.

:rofl:you know what all of your post in this thread are full of sh@t with india gdp around 5-5.5% and china 7-8% you are saying india doing fine now and china not????

Really???
You know I really try my best to believe it.

However, just so many predictions like such go nowhere for the past decades.

Industrial output in October grows by 8.2 percent

New Delhi, Dec 12 — India's industrial production rose by 8.2 percent in October from a year earlier on a rebound in manufacturing, power and higher output of capital as well as consumer goods, indicating a recovery in the economy, government data showed Wednesday.
Industrial production had contracted by 5 per cent in the like period of the previous fiscal.
Finance Minister P Chidambaram said the data reflected emergence of "green shoots" in the economy.
"I am very encouraged by the indications of the green shoots in economy in terms of production. IIP figures are very encouraging," he told reporters.
According data released by the Central Statistical Office (CSO), the manufacturing output, which has a 75.5 percent weight in the index of industrial production (IIP), grew 9.6 percent from a year earlier when it had fallen 6.0 percent in October, 2011.
The sector did surprisingly well in spite of facing weak demand in both foreign and domestic markets.
Mining output declined by slower 0.1 percent as against a fall of 5.9 percent in October, 2011.
The electricity sector grew by 5.5 percent from an increase of 5.6 percent in the corresponding period of last year.
Growth was also witnessed in basic goods (4.1 percent), capital goods (7.5 percent), consumer durables (16.5 percent) and consumer non-durables (10.1 percent).
According to the CSO, telephone instruments, passenger cars, diesel, conductor, aluminium, sugar, petrol, rice and cotton cloths industries grew at a brisk pace.
Chidambaram said capital goods output at 7.5 per cent was very encouraging.
"Let's see what the next four months bring us. Investments are taking place, capacity is being created and consumption is happening in consumer durables and non-durables", he added.

Read more: Industrial output in October grows by 8.2 percent - NY Daily News | NewsCred SmartWire

Jeez! Another thread about India is going to do this, India is going to do that, blah, blah, blah!

India = all talk and no substance!

ya and brits have a lot of substance?pretty visible by their declining economy.

At present, china is importing hundred thousands of labor from North Korea but not from its best friend pakistan

Is it because of them being Muslim or the chinese don't treat pakistan as their friend, just a proxy against India??????
The border province with Viet and N. Korea are industrial provinces with good infrastructure. Easier to take them to China, but the border province with Pak is not feasible for worker, the geology is the reason. The broder with Pakistan is 4000 meters high. Same high as Küçük Ağrı Dağ in Turkey. People cannot even survive there. Thats the reason.

Industrial output in October grows by 8.2 percent
China's value-added industrial output rose 10.1 percent year on year in November, picking up from 9.6 percent in October and 9.2 percent in September.
Still faster than India, the India Govt should do more.

ya and brits have a lot of substance?pretty visible by their declining economy.
Talk something reliable, if India goes to double digit growth and China goes with 7%, 2030 still not posible. And currently China is almost 4 times of India interms of GDP and this year China grows faster. China and India is facing the same world crisis. That means China has a better foundation than India in the year of 2012. I am a bit surprised that India is more domestic-driven economy, why it slows down more than China which is more export-driven economy ?

Jeez! Another thread about India is going to do this, India is going to do that, blah, blah, blah!

India = all talk and no substance!

there are many evidences which suggest otherwise

though I agree that such type of threads in to much quantity are annoying

Back
Top Bottom