What's new

India to provide 900 million dollars in aid to Nigeria

Seems like Uncle Sam has already achieved what he wanted. ;).

Nuke deal was offered much later after India expressed its apprehension about the IPI pipeline. IPI would never have happened. No major deals having Pakistan as the party to rely would get domestic backing.

India has voted against Iran in UN and at the same time is reported to have kept the nuke deal in cold storage. So what has India gained? Or US done to gain anything?

If you have an indepedant foreign policy you should not be affraid to confront any other power,

Independant doesnt mean confrontist.

learn from Russia, France and China.National interest before aliiance, thats how things are done.

Russia failed miserably. France and China has no confrontalist approach. The means available to China and France ( one developed and another the bigeest trading partner of US) to India.

keep trying to beat China, you already lost Myanmar, Sudan and Iran to China...other territories might follow.

India is developing two ports in Myanmar, the deal was signed silently during the junta's crackdown on pro democracy protests. We have stake in Sakhalin. Major gas finds have happened in godavari basin.

It is basically to grab a piece of Nigerian oil fields.

libya would have been a better bet.

BTW, when an ally like russia & the CIS has so much cheap oil to offer, what's the need to court nigeria ?? :undecided:

dosen't make any sense to me:disagree:

& anyways china njoys more leverege in nigeria than india could ever hope for...seems like another lost cause :tdown:

Hope India realises what she's getting in. Nigerian oil is concentrated around the Niger River Delta, a region thats fighting for autonomy and is a subject to more violance or even civil war in future.
BP-Shell already have problems safeguarding exisiting feelds, new fields can not be developped due violance and lack of infrastructure thats been destroyed over the years.

China secured oil in Sudan which will become a front line oil exporter within a decade. At the same time $100 billion is to be spent in Iran to develop new oil and gas field for Chinese market.

Ignoring Iran is biggest mistake India has made, you'll realise it soon. :coffee:

neo old mate ....u helped me in my flag .

what makes u think that india had ignored iran?
india have a 25 yr contract with iran for gas supplt on a fixed rate

democratic senators in US had already said that before india gets nu-deal
india have to stop helping iranian in radars (INDRA II)
& there r many things that suggest..... indians r active in iran

libya would have been a better bet.

BTW, when an ally like russia & the CIS has so much cheap oil to offer, what's the need to court nigeria ?? :undecided:

dosen't make any sense to me:disagree:

& anyways china njoys more leverege in nigeria than india could ever hope for...seems like another lost cause :tdown:

Russia is using that gas to keep eastern europe/Germany at its 'sticks end', by giving it cheap to India it doesnt gain anything.

if pakistan is the only problem for india for IPI gasline, then i would say africa is a good choice because any oil or gas line from CIS will have to pass through pakistan, same is the case for middleeast, remember the plan of getting gas line from QATAR. im not an expert on this but i think a gas or oil pipeline is more efficient then getting it in tankers from all the way from nigeria.

Africa is once again up for grabs, i hope atleast this time they will benifit a little from it not gets rapped again. china is investing in sudan, nigeria and rest of africa. France is also in the race to control some resources, yesterday during his visit to morroco sarkozy offered a plan to form a meditranion union comprising of morroco,algeria,tunisia,libya,egypt on the southern side and spain,italy and france on northen side. in this way france will be in aposition to exploit these markets for its goods also can grab a control on energy resources of libya.

well that is 900m india could have spent on its own people (400m live under $1/day) nigeria is the most corrupt country in africa!
Immature comment.

Listen fellow, First thing mind you business. We do know how spent on our people and reduce our Poverty level. Compare to the past we improved in a superb manner. eople living below the poverty line in India has declined from 51.3 per cent in 1977-78 to about 20 per cent in 2004-05. And now, Our economy had started booming and Poverty is started to decrease more faster.

Now, If you dont understand the Topic and reasons for giving the Aid then just dont act over smart. Try to know the reason from others but dont comment with your own imagination.
If you dnt understand Polictics and then just keep Quiet.

For some reasons i think Indians dont get the basic rights. No offence.

Energy requirements can be met with IPI, there is no reason to go to Nigeria, however i guess you can if you want to give away 900 million or so, and not spend for the benefit of your nation in regards to poverty.

Same goes with Arjun, LCA, and so on. Real waste of money.

What!!

Jeez,..............Listenm when you have the oppurtunities you try to grab them.

Now, Why in the hell did ARJUN, LCA came in the middile and how did we wated our money. Speaking of money how much money did we wasted?, Did it worth it.

Listen Man, this thing about Arjun,LCA and other stuff was explain some billion times but still if you dont understand then no one can help you.

Do have any Idea how much importance these projects like Arjun,LCA are?.These projects are the key to our Industries like Military, Aviation Industry.

Forget it. You wont understand it. Its Useless

Immature comment.

Listen fellow, First thing mind you business. We do know how spent on our people and reduce our Poverty level. Compare to the past we improved in a superb manner. eople living below the poverty line in India has declined from 51.3 per cent in 1977-78 to about 20 per cent in 2004-05. And now, Our economy had started booming and Poverty is started to decrease more faster.

Now, If you dont understand the Topic and reasons for giving the Aid then just dont act over smart. Try to know the reason from others but dont comment with your own imagination.

What!!

Jeez,..............Listenm when you have the oppurtunities you try to grab them.

Now, Why in the hell did ARJUN, LCA came in the middile and how did we wated our money. Speaking of money how much money did we wasted?, Did it worth it.

Listen Man, this thing about Arjun,LCA and other stuff was explain some billion times but still if you dont understand then no one can help you.

Do have any Idea how much importance these projects like Arjun,LCA are?.These projects are the key to our Industries like Military, Aviation Industry.

Forget it. You wont understand it. Its Useless

Oh hell no!

I usually don't get involved in these things but sorry i had tooo with the cockiness of this post. IF you know how to reduce the poverty levels why haven't you done so? I love to know where you got your figures from......I have a really good article claiming that India moved the goalposts when defining poverty levels.

Most of us understand politics hence we know bad decisions when we see them......this looks like a bad decision. billions spent and high likely hood of corruption negating the value of the decision. If you don't understand "On the ground" realities I suggest YOU keep quiet.

The reality of the projects you have mentioned has been explained to YOU several times and yet YOU don't understand....In fact if you go through most forums archives (as i have done ) and read for the various excuses given over the last six years or so you will see that the reason people like you give don't really hold much water.

In conclusion I would like to throw your own comments back at you....

Key, this is not a bad descision, this is an excellent descision, i fail to see how you are not getting it.

India is diversifying her sources of energy, apart from that gaining goodwill in Africa, forging relationships with many countries, that happens only when you spend money, which is what we have done. How do you fail to get that? Its not simple as mentioning that if you wanted energy you should have had dealt with Iran and not Nigeria, but that is a flawed logic, India must get her energy from various sources, not one and forge very close relationships with other countries.

I completely agree with maly here...the indian economy is growing very fast. And to sustain that growth, India needs to invest in infrastructure. Like steel ( Tata steel, Arcelor Mittal ), telecommunications and the most important Energy ( ONGC Vidash, GAIL, Suzlon) Please correct me if my spellings are wrong.
What India is doing here is buying a huge stake in the beauracracy of one of the major players in Energy.

They have been quitely doing this since the last few years. ( republic day parades guests include , the nigerian president, the saudi king and the russian president Putin over the last few years : ALL MAJOR PLAYERS IN ENERGY). Also they are securing the vote for thier bid to get that permanent seat in the security council.

India is crazy and chaotic, but not foolish. They are quitely making inroads into the global scene without anybody realising.

At the moment only a brave or a fool can dare his investment in Iran. Who would guarantee uninterrupted supply of gas incase Iran goes to war with US? The best way forward would be to diversify energy resources as much as possible.

I must admit i was surprised at the simplistic view that people here were taking...if you wanted energy you should have dealt with Iran, instead of going to Nigeria, etc, etc.

Dont you get what all this is?

I must admit i was surprised at the simplistic view that people here were taking...if you wanted energy you should have dealt with Iran, instead of going to Nigeria, etc, etc.

Dont you get what all this is?

Malay the reason why people are taking the simple route the fact that there are many better places to invest for the purposes of energy production. and most of them would not be the black hole that is Nigeria.

Malay the reason why people are taking the simple route the fact that there are many better places to invest for the purposes of energy production. and most of them would not be the black hole that is Nigeria.

Why isnt the same amount of concern shown when your big bro China invests in a black hole.

Why are you so bothered about your sworn enemy wasting some millions?

'When your enemy makes noices is a when you can be sure that you are doing the right thing'

Why isnt the same amount of concern shown when your big bro China invests in a black hole.
Which black hole are you referring to? China has a very effective and independant foreign policy, you can't compare it to yours.

Why are you so bothered about your sworn enemy wasting some millions?
We are not....actually we're used to it. ;)

'When your enemy makes noices is a when you can be sure that you are doing the right thing'
Interesting thought...now reverse it and see who's making more noise in general...India or Pakistan?

Damn...we must be doing a lot of things right! :cheers::pakistan:

Which black hole are you referring to? China has a very effective and independant foreign policy, you can't compare it to yours.

India is the only country outside P5 that has managed to stay cearl from wither sides during coldwar, its India that was in the forefront in creating NAM, strong organisation then.

China has invested hevaily into dark regimes in Afric, helping govt( read rulers) amass wealth under the pretext of aid.

We are not....actually we're used to it. ;)

Then why now.

Interesting thought...now reverse it and see who's making more noise in general...India or Pakistan?

Damn...we must be doing a lot of things right! :cheers::pakistan:

Indeed. you have done a lot of harm to us by promoting and supporting the proxy war.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom