What's new

India to replace bursting tank barrels under Rs 1,500 cr deal

My thought was it offers similarity with Arjun which seems to be much better than T-90 wrto perf. and also we can save soome foriegn exchange. Is this not true?

My thought was it offers similarity with Arjun which seems to be much better than T-90 wrto perf. and also we can save soome foriegn exchange. Is this not true?
y
Even arjun has problems like its rifled gun and the turret of arjun is quiet heavy too......meanwhile we have priorities right now and tank-ex is just dead in my opinion:cry:

t-72 tanks are proving to be too costly to repair............thats why i want arjuns and not t-90's inducted as t-90's will start to show such problems in a decade or so(older ones)

T-90 and Arjuns are both needed. T-90 for real war and Arjuns for parades. So India do not need as many Arjuns as there are not so many parades.

So who designed the Arjun barrel??

Its called corruption pure and simple. Why not spend this money buying tankex? replacing barresls? t90 deal was supposed to come with barrel TOT. LOL, Height of corruption!!!

I mentioned before that TOT is useless for India. Now we know what is for, its for corruption purposes.

Yes parade over the ruins of enemy armour.

Parade to make you proud. That is why India is buying so little of it.

I mentioned before that TOT is useless for India. Now we know what is for, its for corruption purposes.

Parade to make you proud. That is why India is buying so little of it.

Nope.logistics issues.We have huge reserves of supply for t-series and supply chain is established.Also t-90 has been in service for 10 yrs before arjun,we can't make it go away neither is it desirable with such a modern tank.
Also army likes a 50 ton or less tank for the soft ground of the canal areas with pak.
Arjun has become the basis of our next gen tank replacing FMBT concept.
Arjun mk1 and mk2 have been inducted in limited numbers due to above issues.

Nope.logistics issues.We have huge reserves of supply for t-series and supply chain is established.Also t-90 has been in service for 10 yrs before arjun,we can't make it go away neither is it desirable with such a modern tank.
Also army likes a 50 ton or less tank for the soft ground of the canal areas with pak.
Arjun has become the basis of our next gen tank replacing FMBT concept.
Arjun mk1 and mk2 have been inducted in limited numbers due to above issues.

Its red tape man.......just watch the video,,,,the best discussion on arjun

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom