What's new

India to spend $3 billion for 3 more Talwar-class frigates

What? 1 billion? What an extraordinary IQ! :omghaha:

My salute to Ruskies to pull that out! :omghaha:

It’s like buying a crappy small apartment (and not even free hold) on top of an India curry takeaway in the middle of nowhere in South London for 8 million pounds. :omghaha:

For about half the size and a fraction of the price tag, much more modern looking 054A is even more potent.

For about the same size, 052C DDG or 052D DDG would eat the heart out of this “1 billion joker”. None of them costs 1 billion mark not even close. :rofl:

It’s like buying a crappy small apartment (and not even free hold) on top of an India curry takeaway in the middle of nowhere in South London for 8 million pounds. :omghaha:

For about half the size and a fraction of the price tag, much more modern looking 054A is even more potent.

For about the same size, 052C DDG or 052D DDG would eat the heart out of this “1 billion joker”. None of them costs 1 billion mark not even close. :rofl:

Russians score another juicy deal!

Pix3.jpg

the shipyard, quay and mooring facilities dont look modern. it cant handle ships with big tonnages.

Russians score another juicy deal!

Pix3.jpg

the shipyard, quay and mooring facilities dont look modern. it cant handle ships with big tonnages.

Cochin shipyard/harbour can build/handle big ships, this is just one part of it.

There is great degree of confusions on the weight of P17.
1st- Standard: 5,300 tonnes
2nd- Full load: 6,200 tonnes
3rd- Total load: 4900 tonnes
5th- 6000 tonnes

Can any one confirm what is the actual wight? If poster can provide reliable links, that will be appreciated. Thanks.
As per my knowledge IN has restricted frigates well below 6000 tonnes for their own motives or whatever(it has something to do with Delhi class destroyers, that's what I have heard).

Shivalik Class are 6,200 tonnes at full load. No Doubt.

For More Details:

http://idp.justthe80.com/naval-projects/frigates/project-17-stealth-frigates

kid, this russian made frig has enough firepower to sink the best chinese destroyers. besides indian navy frigates are about 5-6000 tonne and come under destroyer class in most other countries

move that $hit outta this thread.... we are not interested to talk about junk....

India should spend more money fixing its domestic problems, not on self-defense. A clash with China is pretty unlikely, economic ties are too close, with BRIC and everything.

India should spend more money fixing its domestic problems, not on self-defense. A clash with China is pretty unlikely, economic ties are too close, with BRIC and everything.

Yes I agree, but our shipyards hands are houseful and our better option is get some good ships from Russia. I don't think it;s a bad Idea.. most properly, till date contract is not done and discussion is going on so can't say about price.....it is useless discussion if we do....

Large chunks of money are being poured to curb infra & power deficiencies,besides we spend only 2.6% of GDP .Its better to be independent rather than,asking another superpower nation for security umbrella.

We are not SA or singapore that will be defendent on foregn arms for longtime.

Well its better to pay more for quality stuff rather than buy under performing junk with "fraction of the cost".
LOL, you don't realize that with a fraction of the cost you get only fraction of the stuff(Type 054A).

Actually........its like buying a kickass machine and your neighbor just can't stop trolling about it coz his superiority complex has been shattered and he's trying to pathetically pick up the pieces.

And if you are really bringing in destroyers go check out Kolkata-class ur whole fleet will look like a joke to you then.

052D destroyer costs 700 millions USD per, advanced weapon doesn't pertain to cheap labour cost.

052D destroyer costs 700 millions USD per, advanced weapon doesn't pertain to cheap labour cost.

So I can come to two conclusions based on this cost, either the Chinese 052D, the latest isn't as good as the Talwar for about the same cost. (you got to figure the seller needs to make a few bucks) Or Indian Navy got seriously ripped off.

So which one is closer to the truth

Cochin shipyard/harbour can build/handle big ships, this is just one part of it.

and cockin is the only shipyard that can build bigger ships in the whole india right? what is the max tonnage it can handle?

Pix3.jpg

do you see the design and operating defects in the pic?

So I can come to two conclusions based on this cost, either the Chinese 052D, the latest isn't as good as the Talwar for about the same cost. (you got to figure the seller needs to make a few bucks) Or Indian Navy got seriously ripped off.

So which one is closer to the truth

I dont think that guy is stating our destroyer as anything inferior - he mentioned "advanced weapons"
The figure quoted is nothing but imagination

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom