What's new

India trying to occupy Bangladesh territory

Does Bangladesh have a defence pact with any country? If it doesn't, don't you think now would be a good time to build such a relationship with a bigger country?

its unnecessary, Bangladesh has only 2 neighbors, India and Myanmar. Neither of the two are going to attack BD anytime soon. BD can defend itself long enough from Myanmar for the international community to step in. India will never go to war with BD, but hypothetically if it did, I cannot think of a single country that has the capacity or the will to spill their blood for BD.

China does what's good for China. They didn't bother stepping in for the Pakistanis so I'm not sure why some BD'shis on here have such grand delusions about their country. Its ok to be proud of who you are, but the world doesn't revolve around BD. China has bigger fish to fry, India has bigger fish to fry, no one in India is interested in picking a fight with BD when we have other things (like Pakistan, China, terrorism, poverty, economy) to worry about.

Bangladesh is (and rightly so) building a better relationship with India, the closest large economy. We are their neighbors and friends. These internet warriors make it seem like there's a war brewing, but the reality is that BD is forging close ties with India (and China). The pro-Indian government was elected in a free and fair election so Bangladeshis have made their intentions of friendly relations with India clear.

These fears are common place in big power-small power relations. No one is out to get the other.

These fears are common place in big power-small power relations. No one is out to get the other.

Only copule of words to summerize indian govt and your (as indian) sweet rap - pathological lie. Indian PM just said the same just few days ago "indian would not do anything to harm Bangladesh" and used BSF to occupy Bangladeshi land, killing Bangladeshis every other day.

Just because indians tell lie in every breath they take (on neighbors matter) does not mean we should should be gullible.

Does Bangladesh have a defence pact with any country? If it doesn't, don't you think now would be a good time to build such a relationship with a bigger country?

No Bangladesh does not have any comprehensive defense pact with any country. There was one sighed with China for mostly defense supply. But one can imagine how badly that is needed when we are facing a hostile and hegemonic neighbor.

Its very easy to guess who would be ideal for such defense relation.

With moral and logistical support from friends, if Bangladesh does NOT have a stooge govt but has enough defense supply and production capability, Bangladesh can defenfend on its own. That is a long drawn out process but better late than never.

Bangladesh needs to develop its own local defense industry. This is the best option. No one shall come to your rescue once war starts. Forget about other countries help and help yourself.

Bangladesh needs to develop its own local defense industry. This is the best option. No one shall come to your rescue once war starts. Forget about other countries help and help yourself.
You got to be kidding, brother! Some of my compatriots don't have any clue that PAK had been broken or another word BD had been created just to block that core need of ours for ever, so we can be subservient and IND doesn't have to feed 4 division of soldiers in its Eastern border. Ex-Prez Zia had got killed by trying to break that shackle and BNP recently got ousted through stolen election for one of that reasons too.

It was the other way around.It was Indian army personnel dressed as BSF jawan along with BSF intruded Bangladeshi territory.
But India's superior media,systematically put the blame on us.And together with our appeasing AL govt. who accepted that it was all our fault.

Don't believe Wiki all the time.The author of the page is Indian.So expect a biased view.

oh yeah! And how do you know the truth????

One thing is clear, Indian army is damn fast in changing clothes, looks to me they were part of Circus before being soldiers. First in 1971 and now in 2001 :woot::rofl:

This is irrelevant to this discussion of this thread and another desperate attempt to hide indian aggression against its neighbors.

Rather than trying to be smart Alec, own up to what your country india is doing.

Well my response was in retaliation to accusation that India has not acted neighborly enough.....I think our actions speak louder than your words!!
Border Skirmishes happen everywhere.....Nepal which is a staunch Indian ally, had some border issues with us, but does not mean that we can't co-exist or that suddenly we have decided to occupy Nepal....

The problem is that BD'shis are insecure....I dont understand for what....Im starting to sense that BD are looking for some regional importance.....sort of what Pakistan has right now...an issue that is international and has allowed them to arm themselves and become a somewhat large player....
Frankly I dont see why India would want to occupy BD.....especially only 0.80 Square Kms.....I would like to know how you rationalize this....

And before you spread your wisdom and ask India to own up to petty issues....how about you give India the due appreciation for Helping BD and its citizens over the years, stop supporting militancy in our NE states and stop siding with our enemies!!
BD and its people are closer to India than Pakistan can ever be....Why do we need to make issues out of nothing?

You know it's really funny how some indian comes here with their CHANAKYA DEPLOMACY and try to sketch a rosy picture between indo-bd when tittle of the thread is "India trying to occupy Bangladesh territory". This knockol head must think we are stupid. There isn't any example from 72 to now that fascist india showed any good will realtion with bd. Nada.....

I don't even blame india because we bd's brought this misory to ourselves when decided to cut our right hand in 71. So what's been happening here is getting the taste of our own suicidal medicine. So we should not complain and accept the realifty of being weak and small kid in the block that gets slap around for unfair reason.

Last edited:
^^ whats Chanakya Diplomacy anyways?

The title of the thread is misleading. India is not trying to occupy Bangladesh. You are just paranoid and insecure. Millions of Bangladeshis gave their lives for freedom, and here you are belittling their sacrifice.

Well my response was in retaliation to accusation that India has not acted neighborly enough.....I think our actions speak louder than your words!!
Border Skirmishes happen everywhere.....Nepal which is a staunch Indian ally, had some border issues with us, but does not mean that we can't co-exist or that suddenly we have decided to occupy Nepal....

The problem is that BD'shis are insecure....I dont understand for what....Im starting to sense that BD are looking for some regional importance.....sort of what Pakistan has right now...an issue that is international and has allowed them to arm themselves and become a somewhat large player....
Frankly I dont see why India would want to occupy BD.....especially only 0.80 Square Kms.....I would like to know how you rationalize this....

And before you spread your wisdom and ask India to own up to petty issues....how about you give India the due appreciation for Helping BD and its citizens over the years, stop supporting militancy in our NE states and stop siding with our enemies!!
BD and its people are closer to India than Pakistan can ever be....Why do we need to make issues out of nothing?

First, all you have said are irrelvant to the discussion of this thread.

Second, Bangladesh DO NOT owe indian anything, india got involved with Bangladesh independence for its own benefit.

Third, indians looted Bangladesh after independence, own that responsibilty.

Fourth, Bangladesh supports $10 billion indian export every year and livelyhood of over 10 million indians directly or indirectly.

This is about india trying to occupy Bangladeshi territory and has nothing to do with Pakistan, get out of your demented thinking that indian hostality can be justified using any other excuse.

Besides, occupying Bangladesh territory, killing Bangladeshis, bullying and interfering in Bangladesh will leave lasting mark about hostile india among Bangladeshis. Make no mistake about that.

^^ whats Chanakya Diplomacy anyways?

The title of the thread is misleading. India is not trying to occupy Bangladesh. You are just paranoid and insecure. Millions of Bangladeshis gave their lives for freedom, and here you are belittling their sacrifice.

BSF tries to occupy 200 acres of bangladesh territory and you came up with excuse title of the thread does not reflect what india had been trying.

As goes with indians, they are just pathological liars. We just have added another indian to that list.

Last edited:
200 acres? are you serious, 6 pages of nonsense over 200 ACRES? dude we have farms larger than that. Why are you making such a fuss over nothing? I'm starting to suspect that you people have some really grand illusions of grandeur or a major inferiority complex coupled with chronic paranoia.

Such a minuscule amount of land, and you're acting like the Nazis are trying to take over BD. Must have been a mistake of some sort. The only time BD comes up in conversation is when we (desis) discuss illegal immigration.

and stop calling all Indians liars, it sounds pretty stupid to say the least.

I have seen comments from our Indian members like ‘why would we interfare in a friendly Nation’s affairs?’, ‘ our farms are greater than 200 acres’ and ‘we don’t want to attack BD’ etc but the fact is that India has no credibility. The way India has occupied Kashmir and Hyderabad(in both cases they adopted different criteria. Preferred people in Hyderabad and Maharaja in Kashmir)and the way India occupied Sikkim all in a very systematic way has seriously damaged India’s credibiliy as a neighbour.

India has close economic ties with US and Israel and somehow they have managed to grab a very big share of outsourcing industry and made Americans dependent on themselves. Now US and Israel is seeing India as a strategic partner and all of these three countries have a very strong media infact US and Israel controls the world media, they show the world what they want to show and this thing has helped India further to make world believe that what they are doing is right.

Many people in Pakistan critsize our government to spend too much on defense and less on poverty but somehow the reality is that Pakistan has saved itself from the external aggression. We are facing some problems but imagine the scenario after 10-15 years Pakistan will be in a takeoff position. We have a increasing middle class and educated generation is being grownup.

Considering the whole regional scenario Pakistan has to identify its key partners in future. There is a long way ahead but the time is not very far away when we will be in a position to participate equally on the global set.

Last edited:
First, all you have said are irrelvant to the discussion of this thread.

Second, Bangladesh DO NOT owe indian anything, india got involved with Bangladesh independence for its own benefit.

Third, indians looted Bangladesh after independence, own that responsibilty.

Fourth, Bangladesh supports $10 billion indian export every year and livelyhood of over 10 million indians directly or indirectly.

This is about india trying to occupy Bangladeshi territory and has nothing to do with Pakistan, get out of your demented thinking that indian hostality can be justified using any other excuse.

Besides, occupying Bangladesh territory, killing Bangladeshis, bullying and interfering in Bangladesh will leave lasting mark about hostile india among Bangladeshis. Make no mistake about that.

So what I've said is irrelevant but living in a fantasy world full of wet dreams and conspiracy theories as you are is very relevant.....get a grip on reality bud....

As I mentioned....I like Bengali's and I have many friends who I shall not disrespect by generalizing all Bengali's here.....

But there's a limit to being ungrateful.....and you're epitomizing it!!

India sacrificed its soldiers, money, resources and a lot more....to help create Bangladesh....You can call yourself a Bengali and your country Bangladesh because of the sacrifice of the people of my country.....You think a rag tag bunch of bengali villagers would have had the might to stand in front of the Pakistani army?.....(mind you Pakistani army....NOT Bangladeshi army)....
Had we not helped you, Bengali's would have been third grade citizens in their own land.....yet you wish you were part of Pakistan!!
Yes we helped you because of our own interest...because we wanted to make a friend out of you....NOT an enemy....why is that so bad?

And you mention looting by IA....have you forgotten the massacres on your people, the looting etc from your own army the so called W.Pakistan army? But no...since that was plunder by a "friendly muslim bretheren".....you're fine with it.....But its the evil Hindu army that came with an agenda and looted the very wealthy BD!!

$10Billion in trade....Are you under the impression that you're sustaining India's economy or something???

I have one advice for you.....Dont make mountains out of Molehills!!!

You know very well about the might of India.....if we truly were that imperialistic, we could have done a lot worse...and I dont need to spell it out....
What do you think we're going to do with 0.80sq kms of land....rear cows or something???

I sense a major inferiority complex!!!

I will yet again repeat myself.....India does not want beef with BD....we are culturally close and natural friends....these border skirmishes happen everywhere....its not part of some Chanakya ideology or something....
India and BD can gain a lot from each other!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom