What's new

India vehemently ratifies the two nation theory after 8 decades of denial.

@Aeronaut :Why is it so difficult for some people in the world to think setting religion apart,for atleast once in their life? People of India voted for Narendra Modi,not because he's a hindu,but because he's a beacon of hope. We wanted a change from the long congress rule,which was good at the first term,but severly slowed down and sometimes even stalled the growth of the country.The overwhelming majority BJP got even in areas considered as muslim forts testifies this. And what does Indians democratically electing a leader has to do with Pakistan?

Last edited:
@Aeronaut

One of the largest newspapers in India, Dainik Bhaskar has released a report on results in 92 constituencies where Muslim votes play a decisive role in election results. In Indian elections, the winning candidate receives 30-40% of the votes polled with roughly 3-5% lead over the runner up which makes Muslim votes fairly important.
http://www.bhaskar.com/article-hf/EL...16243-NOR.html

zTeghpk.jpg

Out of 41 constituencies with 21-30% Muslim voters, BJP (marked in red) wins 16 seats while it's alliance partner Shiv Sena(marked in orange), a regional party considered more right wing and conservative than BJP won 3 constituencies.
seA33gS.jpg

Out of 24 constituencies with 31-40% Muslim voters, BJP has won 13.
MpLt2YD.jpg

Out of 11 constituencies with 41-50% Muslim voters, BJP has won 5.
KSfiVjt.jpg

Out of 16 constituencies with more than 50% Muslim voters, BJP has won 1 seat while it's alliance partner PDP(marked in green) has won 3. Most of the constituencies are in Kerala and West Bengal and some union territories where the BJP has a negligible footprint.
gPqr3am.jpg

A graph depicting BJP's performance in these 92 constituencies compared to parties that brand themselves 'secular' and the BJP 'communal'. Overall, BJP alone has won 35 out of 92 such constituencies. Pool in it's alliance numbers and it swells to 41 out of 92. The only 'secular' party that did not receive a drubbing from the BJP was TMC from West Bengal where the BJP has a negligible footprint.The Muslim majority state of Jammu and Kashmir has been clean swept by the BJP-NDA. The results from polling booths in Muslim majority areas in Varanasi were equally damning when Narendra Modi received as much as three times the votes of his opponents. Poll pundits are now saying that these results would not have been possible without a large chunk of Muslim voters voting for BJP and Narendra Modi.

One thing for sure, the elections results clearly indicate that the people of India strongly favour Modi.There has not been such a decisive victory for a single political party in India like this one before.As a matter of fact, the next biggest party, Congress, didnt even get the required 10% or 54 seats to be considered as leader of the opposition in parliament.

That means, people have very high expectations from Modi.So, Modi has a very difficult task cut out for him.Let's see how he goes about it.

This is very much the point.
@hinduguy ... that for the first time there's been such polarization between right and left and nothing in middle.

I have faith in election results, and the election results speak of what the majority population desires i.e Right Wing thoughts.

With the right wing in such a decisive majority, all other minorities political or otherwise will get rolled be that intentionally or unintentionally.

Result will be friction and fire.

Lastly, remember the only reason the west has bent over backwards to please India was due to it's huge population and it's potential as their market.
If Modi tried his hard bargain with the western companies, there will be friction on the international front too

So lets see how this plays out..

This is very much the point.
@hinduguy ... that for the first time there's been such polarization between right and left and nothing in middle.

I have faith in election results, and the election results speak of what the majority population desires i.e Right Wing thoughts.

With the right wing in such a decisive majority, all other minorities political or otherwise will get rolled be that intentionally or unintentionally.

Result will be friction and fire.

Lastly, remember the only reason the west has bent over backwards to please India was due to it's huge population and it's potential as their market.
If Modi tried his hard bargain with the western companies, there will be friction on the international front too

So lets see how this plays out..
BJP is more like conservative govt here, they are pro business. They got vote on development platform not anti minority campaign.
The risk is not friction between majority and minority community as india is ruled by states and not center(bjp has a few states) but that Modi can fail to generate jobs and bring down inflation. These were the real issues and if they cant tackle(also they will have to do some populist measures for poor, thats what wins vote in India), he wont get second term.

I understand most pakistanis being muslims (a minority community in India) tend to see single issue, but this election was faught on multiple issues one of which is Modi's clever marketing of gujrat's success. Replicating gujrat across india is near impossible even hardcore bjp supporters know it but even partial success(and low inflation) will bring him another term.
I do consede the point that bjp simply ignored the minority votebank.

@Aeronaut :India is a better place for muslims or any other religion than Pakistan,India offers more opportunities to its muslims and other religions than Pakistan can offer. So,India violently disagrees with 2 nation theory.
this has nothing to do with TNT. Many indians believe in it, and many dont.

BJP is more like conservative govt here, they are pro business. They got vote on development platform not anti minority campaign.
The risk is not friction between majority and minority community as india is ruled by states and not center(bjp has a few states) but that Modi can fail to generate jobs and bring down inflation. These were the real issues and if they cant tackle(also they will have to do some populist measures for poor, thats what wins vote in India), he wont get second term.

I understand most pakistanis being muslims (a minority community in India) tend to see single issue, but this election was faught on multiple issues one of which is Modi's clever marketing of gujrat's success. Replicating gujrat across india is near impossible even hardcore bjp supporters know it but even partial success(and low inflation) will bring him another term.
I do consede the point that bjp simply ignored the minority votebank.

this has nothing to do with TNT. Many indians believe in it, and many dont.

What you are branding as Modi's marketing of gujarats success may also be seen as Modi's alliance with the "corporate Gods".

Which again will expose another friction line of rich and poor.

Nor to forget, that Modi does not have the family history / ancestory to keep the saffron purists silent.
Sooner rather than later, that sentiment will come into play as well.

So .. as I said ,,,, interesting times to come. Lets see.

Hindutva movement started in 1923, While MAJ pushed for TNT in 1940
The Muslim League was founded in 1906 in (the irony) Dhaka.

In Muhammad Ali Jinnah's All India Muslim League presidential address delivered in Lahore, on March 22, 1940, he explained:

“ It is extremely difficult to appreciate why our Hindu friends fail to understand the real nature of Islam and Hinduism. They are not religions in the strict sense of the word, but are, in fact, different and distinct social orders, and it is a dream that the Hindus and Muslims can ever evolve a common nationality, and this misconception of one Indian nation has troubles and will lead India to destruction if we fail to revise our notions in time. The Hindus and Muslims belong to two different religious philosophies, social customs, litterateurs. They neither intermarry nor interdine together and, indeed, they belong to two different civilizations which are based mainly on conflicting ideas and conceptions ......... "

In India , Do Muslims and Hindus intermarry freely ?? Do they prefer to interdine together ?? Do they follow same customs , philosophies , literature etc. ?? And if they don`t , they are not one nation ... and this is what Two Nation Theory stands for .....

Two Nation Theory will fail only when The Hindus and Muslims of India evolve a common nationality , .. and this isn`t going to happen .. ever !!

Jinnah`s interpretation of TNT argued for sovereign autonomy, including the right to secede, for Muslim-majority areas of the Indian subcontinent, but without any transfer of populations (i.e. Hindus and Muslims would continue to live together) , So the assertion that TNT failed when a lot of Muslims decided to stay in India , is baseless ......
Extremely simplistic worldview you got there. What you are looking for is not Hindus, Muslims living together, marrying together etc. Every group has their unique way of life. India has done a better job than many others in ensuring each group is able to follow their own way without creating trouble for the other.

But then I don't blame you. The limited exposure that an average Pakistani gets with respect to a diverse culture is in stark contrast to us Indians. Irrespective of whether we like it or not, we eat, interact etc together. If you bring marriage and philosophies as a prerequisite to living in amity - that's the demand of ultra fundamentalists. Forget communities, even each individual will differ.

What you are branding as Modi's marketing of gujarats success may also be seen as Modi's alliance with the "corporate Gods".

Which again will expose another friction line of rich and poor.

Nor to forget, that Modi does not have the family history / ancestory to keep the saffron purists silent.
Sooner rather than later, that sentiment will come into play as well.

So .. as I said ,,,, interesting times to come. Lets see.
Before Modi was elected, the logic was that he is communal.
Now it has gone of to the claim of moral superiority of the concerns for the proletariat. Interesting :tup:

You guys love us - don't you? Hence the concern.. :)

@Aeronaut :Why is it so difficult for some people in the world to think setting religion apart,for atleast once in their life? People of India voted for Narendra Modi,not because he's a hindu,but because he's a beacon of hope. We wanted a change from the long congress rule,which was good at the first term,but severly slowed down and sometimes even stalled the growth of the country.The overwhelming majority BJP got even in areas considered as muslim forts testifies this. And what does Indians democratically electing a leader has to do with Pakistan?
There is no need to clarify so openly. Please don't underestimate the capability to comprehend a democratic mandate of an Admin. Your last sentence should always suffice.

If Modi does not perform even after getting this mandate, the same people will give him the boot. The onus of understanding the basic funda lies not with you.

Last edited:
the official data says 1 in every 5 muslim voted for BJP

so,it would be wrong to say muslim see him as a butcher.....

and even if India does so......why does it matter
Pakistan is also not the same country it was supposed to be.....
nomination of Modi doesnt prove anything let alone the creation of Pak and the 2 nation theory

Too much speculation and that to, too early. Anyhow it doesn't matter what Pakistan thinks. We as Indians have voted him for the betterment of our country, for our National interest, believing on his promises on developments.

If he fails to deliver again we as Indians can remove him. It's our country, he's our leader, I don't think Pakistan has anything to do about it.

Moreover Pakistan should be the last one to condemn Modi, when they had chosen Military personals like Zia Ul Haq, Yahya, Ayub, Musharaf to rule them for decades.

One more positive step for India, which many newspapers (including Pakistani newspapers) are publishing, countries will think many times before unnecessarily messing with India from now on, be it Pakistan or be it any other. This article is also an effect of that (effect of Modi fear, power of Modi -> people are afraid, even sitting on the other side of the border).

One more thing Indian muslims don't need the sympathy of Pakistani muslims. The very day that bond ended when Pakistani muslims left India whereas the Indian Muslims stayed back. When was the brotherhood then, no brotherhood was there, people just scampered across the border and then again started roaring from a safe and sound across the border. Lol!

Last edited:
How does anyone ratify a theory? Theories are proven or disproven.
What has Modis election to PMship of India anything to do with the two nation theory? If the Pakistanis are feeling that it vindicates their countrys existance, what was the reasoning for their countrys existance from 1947 until now?

How does anyone ratify a theory? Theories are proven or disproven.
What has Modis election to PMship of India anything to do with the two nation theory? If the Pakistanis are feeling that it vindicates their countrys existance, what was the reasoning for their countrys existance from 1947 until now?

For a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

It doesn't matter how many Muslim majority provinces that the BJP won.

I feel bad for the Indian members who have gone out of their way to convince them.

But eventually, they are hammers and only nails would make sense for them.

For a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

It doesn't matter how many Muslim majority provinces that the BJP won.

I feel bad for the Indian members who have gone out of their way to convince them.

But eventually, they are hammers and only nails would make sense for them.
Will Pakistan's identity crisis ever end?

Will Pakistan's identity crisis ever end?

I don't know. I'm not a Pakistani.

All I do know is that they are being shortchanged into being a mercenary for battles they never intended to fight in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom