What's new

India wants Kasab dead: slain cop's daughter

Bang Galore

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Mumbai: Policeman Tukaram Ombale was unarmed and Ajmal Kasab had an AK-47 gun when they grappled with each other on the night of 26 November 2008 in Mumbai.

Kasab shot Ombale, 50, several times but the assistant police sub-inspector held on to him and gave enough time to other policemen to capture the terrorist at Girgaum Chowpatty. There were 11 terrorists who attacked Mumbai that night--only Kasab was captured alive. Ombale died.

Now, Kasab must die, says Vaishali Ombale, the 23-year-old daughter of the policeman. "These honours do not delight us. I, my family and people of India want Kasab hanged. This is what matters to us," she said at her Mumbai home while looking at the Ashok Chakra, the country’s highest peacetime gallantry award given to her father.

An anti-terror court in Mumbai will announce its verdict on Kasab on Monday. Vaishali, who is studying Masters of Education, hoped the government would not delay Kasab's execution if he is held guilty.

"I am still to come to terms with the fact that my father is no more. He may not be with us but we feel his presence all the time. On that fateful night when I phoned him, he said he was fine and asked me not to worry," she said.

Around 12.45 am on the intervening night of November 26-27, Omable got an alert on his walkie-talkie that two terrorists had hijacked a Skoda car and were heading for Girgaum Chowpatty.

As the vehicle rammed into a road divider at Chowpatty, Ombale dashed towards Kasab after he got down from the car and gripped the barrel of his assault rifle with both hands. With his weapon pointed at Ombale, Kasab pulled the trigger pumping bullets into his stomach, but the policeman held on to the gun till his death.

Ombale took several bullets in the process but it enabled his colleagues to pounce on the terrorist and capture him alive to stand trial.

"The government has extended all possible help to the families of slain policemen but at the same time it should also ensure that the men in uniform are provided with hi-end equipment to deal with such terror scenarios in future," said Vaishali.

"I feel if my father had a modern weapon to fight against Kasab, he would have been alive now. I don't want other policemen to meet a similar fate," she said.

Mumbai: Policeman Tukaram Ombale was unarmed and Ajmal Kasab had an AK-47 gun when they grappled with each other on the night of 26 November 2008 in Mumbai.

Kasab shot Ombale, 50, several times but the assistant police sub-inspector held on to him and gave enough time to other policemen to capture the terrorist at Girgaum Chowpatty. There were 11 terrorists who attacked Mumbai that night--only Kasab was captured alive. Ombale died.

Now, Kasab must die, says Vaishali Ombale, the 23-year-old daughter of the policeman. "These honours do not delight us. I, my family and people of India want Kasab hanged. This is what matters to us," she said at her Mumbai home while looking at the Ashok Chakra, the country’s highest peacetime gallantry award given to her father.

An anti-terror court in Mumbai will announce its verdict on Kasab on Monday. Vaishali, who is studying Masters of Education, hoped the government would not delay Kasab's execution if he is held guilty.

"I am still to come to terms with the fact that my father is no more. He may not be with us but we feel his presence all the time. On that fateful night when I phoned him, he said he was fine and asked me not to worry," she said.

Around 12.45 am on the intervening night of November 26-27, Omable got an alert on his walkie-talkie that two terrorists had hijacked a Skoda car and were heading for Girgaum Chowpatty.

As the vehicle rammed into a road divider at Chowpatty, Ombale dashed towards Kasab after he got down from the car and gripped the barrel of his assault rifle with both hands. With his weapon pointed at Ombale, Kasab pulled the trigger pumping bullets into his stomach, but the policeman held on to the gun till his death.

Ombale took several bullets in the process but it enabled his colleagues to pounce on the terrorist and capture him alive to stand trial.

"The government has extended all possible help to the families of slain policemen but at the same time it should also ensure that the men in uniform are provided with hi-end equipment to deal with such terror scenarios in future," said Vaishali.

"I feel if my father had a modern weapon to fight against Kasab, he would have been alive now. I don't want other policemen to meet a similar fate," she said.

No He should not be Hanged.
He should be kept alive in a solitary confinement to regret every moment of his life,his decision to come to India.

No He should not be Hanged.
He should be kept alive in a solitary confinement to regret every moment of his life,his decision to come to India.

No buddy he should be hanged as soon as possible we don't need another Flight 814 like scenario.

No buddy he should be hanged as soon as possible we don't need another Flight 814 like scenario.

he has to go in hell for sure ....
but when ever he is alive we hav a strong proof against pakistan
nd even they dont deny tht

Last edited:
I don't know whether he really killed all those people or he's just a puppet to calm Indians people coz the security forces were unable to capture the real culprits :undecided:....
I just doubt the originality of Kasab........
Otherwise if he is the real culprit hang him coz that's what he deserves

Proved in a court of law.

Trial is under progress. And you have to admit it has been MORE than fair.

But that is not what Mr. kugga meant when he sad proved. Here's his reply:

I don't know whether he really killed all those people or he's just a puppet to calm Indians people coz the security forces were unable to capture the real culprits :undecided:....

I just feel that too many people believe too many conspiracy theories. But hey, it's a free world. You are welcome to believe whatever you like. Just don't expect respect from my side if I don't feel your believes are rational...

he is stll alive because india want to show the world reality of pakistan how isi help militants against indians
kasab ko to surely marna hai sala suar(pig) kab tak bachega

I didn't intend to make you people angry(indian fellows)

I have just doubts in my mind coz what reports are coming out are confusing I doubt he was really among the terrorists.....

and let's wait for the final verdict.....
I have seen a few cctv footages and those seem to me like they were make to order

coz the security forces were unable to capture the real culprits :undecided:....

Did you happen not to see the live CCTV camera pics of Kasab?

Did you not see the pic of kasab which was taken by a brave cameraman at CST station?

What about dozens of witnesses in the court?

Or, do you want to claim he is innocent, because you cannot see one of your country-man being hanged by Indian prosecution, after 9 of his buddies were dis-patched to heaven. :frown:

He was innocent or not this has to be decided by the courts but I don't why only one terrorist was captured on camera do any one has any explanation to this??

he is stll alive because india want to show the world reality of pakistan how isi help militants against indians
kasab ko to surely marna hai sala suar(pig) kab tak bachega
India has not alleged that, and neither has Mr. Kasab.

On the other hand Pakistan openly alleges India's role in Pakistan's suicide bombings and the attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team.

Back
Top Bottom